Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 6/25/2008 11:36:00 PM

I have four CCs (Poppy, Peony, Gerbera and Forget-Me-Not) and found this the hardest to work and having a different consistency. Of course the fact that it is very, very red is possibly why it is hard to match and overdo. Should only use a smidge, and less than you would than the other Convertible Colours. It can look beautifully if done subtlely, but I'm very heavy handed.

It seems harder to get out of than the others - the consistency is harder and you have to swirl your finger around a bit to warm it up sufficiently so you can get enough.

As some reviewers said, this is the ultimate Snow White blush. Excellent with simple eyes and lips. Also works alright as a lipstick.

Colour goes on lighter than in the pan (darker red as opposed to your fire engine crimson). A very 30/40's shade of red.

Bit pricey, but with all the Stilla CC's it is worth it in terms of colour pay off, staying power and quality (this amount can take a while to finish!)

Casing is an adorable tin embossed with a flower motif that covers most of the front. The tin tries to match the shade inside and does so quite well. However I think there is a newer version silver version of the tins for all the CCs.

I wouldn't repurchase as there is a of it lot to keep me going for a while and the fact that it is a hard shade to match. However, great if you want a very crimson blush. Probably best as a blush rather than a lip colour, but works sufficiently. Can be quiet a staple if you like the flushed look and are good at application.

I got this on a recommendation from the makeup board for a cheek color that makes you look like you just came in from the cold. This is spot on that color. It is truly red and does look scary in the package,but if you take care, you can get a "just in from the cold" look or you could, if you wish, get the look of a baby doll! I personally like it and love the compact. Anytime you get a mirror with a product these days, that's at least one lippie!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I got this CC from a lovely girlfriend who didn't like the colour and I will admit this looks SCARY in the pan! It appears to be a deep but bright blue-based red..on my skin it is a gorgeous, flushed red that is the perfect 'in from the cold' blush. As anothe rMUAer described below it is a 'snow white's cheeks' blush-perfect description!
I have to say I LOVE Stila Poppy CC, blended in with a foundation brush gives the sheerest application IMO and make's my cheeks look dewey and flushed. This also doubles as a lipstain-simply dab on with your finger and blot the excess. I sometimes add a little sheer gloss also.
Pale girls needn't be scared of the boldness of this product-it's gives a beautiful glow that will brighten up even the most pallid complexion.
This is a great product. Poppy is not one of the more mentioned CCs but it's highly worth a look IMO. I will definately purchase this again if/when i run out.
click continue for pics-

continued >>

I love everything Stila makes, and their convertible color is perhaps my favorite product! It blends really well, and, since I tend to get a little dry on my cheeks, keeps them moisturized all day. I know that you can use this product on my lips, but I rarely do so. I love the application of the product and the glow it gives my whole face. The only downfall is the packaging. After I've had it for a while, the plastic around the hinge seems to crack so the whole top eventually comes off. This happened to my other convertible color package too. It doesn't bother me much because I don't take it out of my makeup box, but I see how it could be a problem if travelling with the item. Over all, I will never be without this product!

on 3/13/2008 10:58:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Poppy, a rich blue based red, is one of my favourite convertible colours, and is definitely my #1 for using as a lip colour.
I'm fair with neutral toning, and this gives me the quintessential 'Snow White' rosy cheeks. It looks incredibly natural and brightens up my whole face. Like the other CCs it's easy to blend, and you only need a tiny amount of product to get a good result, so the compact lasts for ages.
Most CCs aren't great on the lips as they come up too pale, but this one is an exception. The colour gives a similar look to a lip stain when it's on.

on 2/29/2008 12:37:00 AM

i am a big fan of stila! i love the eyeshadows and i have fallen in love with this cream blush!!! perfect rosy cheeks look...applied with my mac 187 brush! it even looks good on the lips... i much prefer this too my lillium! don't forget to set the color or else it is not that long-lasting. a must-have...

on 1/13/2008 10:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Oo la la. I bought this several months ago...mainly because of the adorably chic compact it comes in. Poppy is a very sheer, blue-based red. True red. McIntosh Apple red. On my lips, I've gotten feedback that it is just so so, as it is very striking compared to the neutrals I typically wear.

So here, I am reading to use it as a blush blush blush. Why didn't i think of that before??? Silly me. I will try it and re-review. Maybe it will go from barely 4 lippes to 5. :)

on 11/20/2007 10:11:00 PM

Stila's CC's were my first introduction to cream blushes, and I love them. At first I had no idea what I was doing, but I've gotten the hang of it now and I find that these give a much more believable flush to my skin than powder blush. I am taking off the one lippie for not being as easily blendable when not over moisturizer, but it's still fairly easy.
The description from other reviewers that Poppy gives you "Snow White Cheeks" is spot on, especially on my NC20-ish skin!
I also like to use it as a base for red l/s. It's not the best as a lippie on it's own, but it really holds onto the l/s I put over it and doesn't effect the color. The price may seem high but they last forEVER, and I also love the packaging. =D
edit: I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think these CC's might be aggravating to my rosacea. Just a warning, and I'll update if I can pinpoint it!

on 10/16/2007 11:15:00 PM

$22 at Sephora

I have Camilia- brownish pink that gives me a sun kissed look

Petunia- pinkish peach that gives me a very healthy flush

Poppy- for when i want something brighter and more obvious, reddish hue.

I have been lemming for these convertible colors for a looong time but i couldnt bring myself to spend $22 for another cream blush-- ive been disappointed by many. But after reading all the reviews, and with my sister bugging me, i finally gave in and bought 3. im am so glad i did, this i sliving up to all the hype! Lasts all day, has not broken me out, no scent to interfere with any fragrance i have on, and from what ive read, that little compact will last a long time too! So yey, glad i finally bought stila's much talked about convertible colors!

on 7/6/2007 6:52:00 AM

I have 4 convertibles, and love them all! Poppy is a berry-rose, but it's on the cool side. It applies lighter than how it looks in the pan (which is a very dark wine/berry colour). On my cheeks (NC25-30 skintone) it looks like a healthy flush - nothing over the top. On my medium-pigmented lips it's a muted berry/mauve, and it looks very natural. Poppy appears more muted on me that Rose (which I also love). It comes in a handy cute compact in the same tone as the pigment inside, and you only have to use a tiny dab for your cheeks, though you need a little more for your lips. I like to apply this blush with a foundation brush for a sheer and glowy finish. Even works well over powder foundation - no caking or chalkiness.

Popular Blush Products