August 22, 2014 | 1242 users online

Blush - Stila - Poppy Convertible Color

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 8:45:00 AM More reviews by StrawberryBlondeMakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I got this CC from a lovely girlfriend who didn't like the colour and I will admit this looks SCARY in the pan! It appears to be a deep but bright blue-based red..on my skin it is a gorgeous, flushed red that is the perfect 'in from the cold' blush. As anothe rMUAer described below it is a 'snow white's cheeks' blush-perfect description!
I have to say I LOVE Stila Poppy CC, blended in with a foundation brush gives the sheerest application IMO and make's my cheeks look dewey and flushed. This also doubles as a lipstain-simply dab on with your finger and blot the excess. I sometimes add a little sheer gloss also.
Pale girls needn't be scared of the boldness of this product-it's gives a beautiful glow that will brighten up even the most pallid complexion.
This is a great product. Poppy is not one of the more mentioned CCs but it's highly worth a look IMO. I will definately purchase this again if/when i run out.
click continue for pics-

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2008 10:36:00 PM More reviews by tiffanysheree

I love everything Stila makes, and their convertible color is perhaps my favorite product! It blends really well, and, since I tend to get a little dry on my cheeks, keeps them moisturized all day. I know that you can use this product on my lips, but I rarely do so. I love the application of the product and the glow it gives my whole face. The only downfall is the packaging. After I've had it for a while, the plastic around the hinge seems to crack so the whole top eventually comes off. This happened to my other convertible color package too. It doesn't bother me much because I don't take it out of my makeup box, but I see how it could be a problem if travelling with the item. Over all, I will never be without this product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2008 10:58:00 PM More reviews by cosmokid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Poppy, a rich blue based red, is one of my favourite convertible colours, and is definitely my #1 for using as a lip colour.
I'm fair with neutral toning, and this gives me the quintessential 'Snow White' rosy cheeks. It looks incredibly natural and brightens up my whole face. Like the other CCs it's easy to blend, and you only need a tiny amount of product to get a good result, so the compact lasts for ages.
Most CCs aren't great on the lips as they come up too pale, but this one is an exception. The colour gives a similar look to a lip stain when it's on.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/29/2008 12:37:00 AM More reviews by Jenni555

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i am a big fan of stila! i love the eyeshadows and i have fallen in love with this cream blush!!! perfect rosy cheeks look...applied with my mac 187 brush! it even looks good on the lips... i much prefer this too my lillium! don't forget to set the color or else it is not that long-lasting. a must-have...

rated 4 of 5 on 1/13/2008 10:38:00 PM More reviews by OcMd

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Oo la la. I bought this several months ago...mainly because of the adorably chic compact it comes in. Poppy is a very sheer, blue-based red. True red. McIntosh Apple red. On my lips, I've gotten feedback that it is just so so, as it is very striking compared to the neutrals I typically wear.

So here, I am reading to use it as a blush blush blush. Why didn't i think of that before??? Silly me. I will try it and re-review. Maybe it will go from barely 4 lippes to 5. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2007 10:11:00 PM More reviews by benette

Stila's CC's were my first introduction to cream blushes, and I love them. At first I had no idea what I was doing, but I've gotten the hang of it now and I find that these give a much more believable flush to my skin than powder blush. I am taking off the one lippie for not being as easily blendable when not over moisturizer, but it's still fairly easy.
The description from other reviewers that Poppy gives you "Snow White Cheeks" is spot on, especially on my NC20-ish skin!
I also like to use it as a base for red l/s. It's not the best as a lippie on it's own, but it really holds onto the l/s I put over it and doesn't effect the color. The price may seem high but they last forEVER, and I also love the packaging. =D
edit: I'm not 100% sure yet, but I think these CC's might be aggravating to my rosacea. Just a warning, and I'll update if I can pinpoint it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2007 11:15:00 PM More reviews by vain_brat

$22 at Sephora

I have Camilia- brownish pink that gives me a sun kissed look

Petunia- pinkish peach that gives me a very healthy flush

Poppy- for when i want something brighter and more obvious, reddish hue.

I have been lemming for these convertible colors for a looong time but i couldnt bring myself to spend $22 for another cream blush-- ive been disappointed by many. But after reading all the reviews, and with my sister bugging me, i finally gave in and bought 3. im am so glad i did, this i sliving up to all the hype! Lasts all day, has not broken me out, no scent to interfere with any fragrance i have on, and from what ive read, that little compact will last a long time too! So yey, glad i finally bought stila's much talked about convertible colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/6/2007 6:52:00 AM More reviews by littlelamb

I have 4 convertibles, and love them all! Poppy is a berry-rose, but it's on the cool side. It applies lighter than how it looks in the pan (which is a very dark wine/berry colour). On my cheeks (NC25-30 skintone) it looks like a healthy flush - nothing over the top. On my medium-pigmented lips it's a muted berry/mauve, and it looks very natural. Poppy appears more muted on me that Rose (which I also love). It comes in a handy cute compact in the same tone as the pigment inside, and you only have to use a tiny dab for your cheeks, though you need a little more for your lips. I like to apply this blush with a foundation brush for a sheer and glowy finish. Even works well over powder foundation - no caking or chalkiness.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this for quite awhile but haven't used it much. The color is very pretty and easy to blend and the packaging is quite adorable, but unfortunately the ingredients are really bad and cheap:
Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. +/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985).
Castor seed oil first on the list? No wonder it feels greasy and gross after a few hours. I don't like the way the formula feels on my lips so I only use it on my cheeks, but my skin can't take me smearing oils on it very often. It gets a 3 because the color's nice, but I really wish they'd use better ingredients to match the pricetag.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2007 1:59:00 AM More reviews by si_luthuna

Stila Covertible Colors have always been my HG cream blush.This particular one is warm cherry red tst gives that sunburned(in a good way!) look for my yellow skin tone. On pale skin I would imagine it having a "Snow White" effect. In a pinch, I can use it for my lips too. Love love love the packaging and the mirror. Will definitely keep buying it!!!