Victoria's Secret Basic Instinct

3.0

on 7/1/2005 9:58:00 PM

WHAT A DISGUSTING SCENT!THIS WON'T BE DISCONTINUED,ONLY THE GOODS ONES DO LIKE THEIR ESSENCES DE VOYAGE.

on 6/29/2005 8:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

SO BAD!!!! Very strong musk. Smells so "old" and overbearing to me-nothing sexy about it to my nose. I had smelled this and hated it a few days before my old boss, who I also hated came strolling in smelling like she took a bath in it. So the deal was sealed for me then. Pretty bottle, though.

on 6/26/2005 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I love Angel, and this one reminds me of it, but not so spicy. My husband tells me it smells so sexy. Not a scent for summer, but more for going out in the Autumn or Winter. I feel a little like a 1940's glam girl in this, oh so sexy...we'll see how I feel after 3.4 oz...

on 6/14/2005 5:20:00 PM

This is a very musky scent with a dash of patchouli. No fruits or discernable florals. For this reason, lots of VS fragrance wearers will be disappointed. However, it is a sexy scent. They also just came out with a "sheer" version. In all honestly, I only sniffed it, didn't wear it. But I'd try to sample the "sheer" version before deciding one way or the other about it. From what I could smell I liked it better than all the other VS scents with the exceptions of So in Love and Breathless, which I also like.

on 6/14/2005 2:10:00 PM

Gross! I would never buy this cologne. I let a clear at VS spray it on me during its launch, and I was sick by the time I got home to wash it off. It smells like incense in the Catholic church!! (Yes, I am Catholic.) It is so gross. All I can say about it that is positive is that the bottle is cute.

on 6/13/2005 1:39:00 PM

I love this fragrance! It is definately heavier than most, but it is unique and will be remembered. Men seem to love it.

on 5/28/2005 9:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I can't believe all the bad reviews! I guess this is because this seems like a more serious perfume and not a fruity floral, like a lot of VS scents. I would say it's an oriental chypre with a lot of patchouli in the base, I smell fruits the top, and a lovely floral center, and vanilla and patchouli in the base.

Here are the notes:Port Plum Wine, Apricot, Turkish Rose, Gardenia, Wild Tuberose, Patchouli, and Vanilla Orchid.

When I first smelled it, the florals + patchouli was slightly remininscent of Giorgio, but now that I have smelled it more, I think it's a very original scent with the Port Wine note and patchouli base. Seriously sexy...makes me want to meow!!!

on 5/8/2005 11:23:00 PM

I got this as a miniature in a fragrance coffret from VS- I saw all the horrible reviews about it and thought it can't be that bad- uhh, yes it can. This fragrance is seriously gross and is a full on assault on the senses. I am not sure what age range they were marketing to with this one, but even my grandma wouldn't touch this.

on 4/17/2005 3:03:00 AM

awful...sooo strong and it smells like rancid perfume

on 3/20/2005 8:49:00 AM

Purchased on a whim because my kids said it reminded them of their beloved grandmother (dicey, I know). Others have said it smells like Paloma, true, but I never hated Paloma like I hate this. It's like being trapped in a refrigerator box with the Red Hat club. My right nostril has taken out an order of protection against me, the left is consulting a psychic.

Popular Fragrances