January 25, 2015 | 1902 users online

Brows - Revlon - Brow Fantasy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2012 12:52:00 AM More reviews by edgexofxdesire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have chocolate brown hair with natural red highlights and I bought the shade "Light Brown."

This product has both good and bad qualities. First of all I love that it has both a tinted brow gel and a brow pencil. You can use each side separately for a more natural, understated brow or you can use them together for a nice defined look. But it is quite pricey for a drugstore product (just under $10 here).

The pencil is a good texture, nicely pigmented and waxy and great for catching onto the brows. The formula allows it to hold up very well through the summer heat (even without the brow gel to set) and looks very natural. The Light Brown color works perfectly for my coloring, just a shade or two lighter than my natural hair color, which is an effect that I've grown to really like.

The brow gel, while it is a great idea, is severely lacking in quality. I normally love brow gels because they're effortless and allow you to tame and lightly define your brows in one quick, easy step. The pigmentation with this product is good; not too heavy, not too light and perfect for a very natural "my brows but better" look. On initial application the brow gel is very nice, either alone or applied over the pencil. But in only a few minutes the gel becomes very, very stiff and dry, causing a chalky look. Eventually the dryness leads to the product flaking and, unfortunately, causing you to look like you've got dandruff on your eyebrows.

I wanted to love this product because it is difficult to find a drugstore tinted brow gel, but sadly this falls short of my expectations. And for a drugstore product, this is certainly overpriced, especially considering the quality. I gave this two lippies because the pencil is fair quality, but I don't recommend spending your money on this product. A much better alternative are the ELF Brow Kits. They don't have the brow gel that I'm so fond of, but their wax/powder combinations are lovely and much better quality than the Revlon Brow Fantasy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2012 9:53:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

Finally! A DS product that keeps my unruly brows in place. I have issues with one eyebrow in particular that is always messed up due to my hair falling across my face. I've used several different brow products were never able to keep my brows set.

I have medium/dark brown hair and I chose the light brown color because I don't favor really dark brows on myself. The color is perfect and looks very natural.

The pencil side of the product is great. Not extremely waxy, not too stiff. Just right.

The gel side is also great at keeping my unruly brows in place; however i do have one complaint. And I don't know if I just got a weird batch or if all of them smell this way, but I think the gel smells exactly like cat urine. 0___0

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by blooiejagwa

Lovely-i have it in the ash blonde though i have dark hair- i don't use a lot but it makes a big difference. I used it on my sister n her brows looked soft and natural. Very good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/12/2012 5:34:00 PM More reviews by DivaDeLosMuertos

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

I bought this in Brunette and the pencil turned out to be wayy too light..Like a medium golden brown instead of the color of the actual pencil so it really didn't do much for me, the pencil is also very short like half of a regular pencil although i'm sure thats just because the gel/pencil are double sided. The gel wears pretty good and it keeps my eyebrows from moving around. If you use a little too much your eyebrow hair can feel a little crusty with the gel on but if you just blend them with a spoolie brush then itll look fine. I might buy this in a darker color and see if I like it any better

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:11:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

I love this product! The ease of use is amazing. I love the gel that comes with it. With my eyebrows pencils usually never stays on so I always need gel. The gel comes in a matching color so it doesn't look dirty as opposed to clear brow gel. On days I don't use the specific pencil I still use the gel. It doesn't have a brow brush, but with the gel wand I don't need it. The darker colors tend to be very pigmented for brows so a light hand is suggested. After so many different pencils and gels for my brows I finally found the one. My hg brow product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2012 3:51:00 PM More reviews by TattooedBeauty90

I was super excited when I bought this. I have this in Dark Brown and it's the perfect color for my brows but the tinted gel is horrible. You have to be careful when using this! It leaves a white pastey look on your brows even if you just use a light hand. You can't tell from far away, but up close yes....and it's just doesn't look good. I won't be buying this again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/3/2012 8:10:00 PM More reviews by fr3d420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Brow Fantasy worked ok for me. It didnt blow my mind but this is only the second brow product I've tried. I got Dark Blonde. Everything was great, pencil & gel. I didn't have any troubles with gel flaking. I think I should've gotten a darker color though. Seeing the mostly good reviews it's gotten on here, I might actually do that now.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by klckelso

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been keeping this in my makeup bag to use in a hurry and its been working great! I have this in the dark blonde shade and it looks very natural. I like the gel that comes with it, it doesn't make my eyebrows crunchy or wet looking which is awesome! Some of the other reviews I have read said that the pencil side is too thick or wide and I don't really see that as a problem if you just keep it sharp and use a light hand. Definitely worth trying!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by bamaRN37

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

On my 3rd tube! I have naturally white-blonde brows so I dye them with Refectocil Dark Brown. I do not use the brow pencil because I don't want my brows too dark, so I only use the gel. The gel alone gives me a slightly deeper color (barely noticeable) and keeps the brows in place all day. I've used MAC brow pencil in Fling, and MAC brow gel in Beguille -- yet I still find myself coming back to this drugstore product. Since I am so pale, it is hard to find a product that isn't too dark, so that's why I continue to stick with Revlon's Brow Fantasy.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 11:50:00 PM More reviews by FaceofMaleah

I purchased the Revlon Brow Fantasy pencil and gel in dark brown at Walmart. I don't love the product but I also don't hate it. The shade for this pencil seemed to match my brows as perfectly as I could imagine. What I dislike about the pencil though, is how short is and also, the crayon itself if a bit wide and I find that I do look like I filled in my brows cause the pencil is took wide to recreate hair-like strokes. The gel that comes with this pencil/ gel combo is tinted and therefore does add a bit of extra colour to your brows. It does work quite well to hold the brows in place and keep the filled in lines, set. As for personal preference, I found when I used this product that I do not like to use gel on my brows since it makes them too intense for my liking and not very natural and unfortunately the pencil on its own does not hold up. As I moved through the day using just the pencil I noticed that the areas of my eyebrows that I filled in were gone so if you're planning on using the pencil on its own, save your money and but another pencil that will hold up without gel.