The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

on 8/17/2013 6:35:00 PM

The tea tree oil is actually very good. I bought it and it was pretty expensive but I live in Canada so everything is more expensive then the states, I used it on a white head and within 2-3 days it was gone.. It stings at first but after it feels very fresh, it opens your sinuses so I would recommend using during a cold. The smell is nice. Overall I recommend this product for anyone with a lot of acne.

on 6/26/2013 2:33:00 AM

All these while, my forehead has been rough with tiny dots here and there and blemishes whenever I have my period but recently there was acne bumps everywhere! and trust me, it's frightening because I have never gotten any acne in my life. Hence, I first purchased a spot treatment cream from Skin Food and after applying it for 2 months (consistently!) or so, the acne does not only get worsen but getting more coming!! I threw that away and decided to try Tea Tree Oil from Body Shop, as you guys know, Tea Tree Oil is popularly known for killing bacteria and cure acne! And guess what, I applied it on day 1, and that night itself, my ugly bumpy zits started to shrink! Seriously, how effective can that be? From then on, I apply it daily and after using it for one week, my acne all gone! However I gave it 4.5 out of 5 because although it does clear out the acne well, but it does not cure the acne scars instead? I need to get another product to clear the acne scars. The smell is strong yes, but i think i am able to handle it because I personally love smell of herbs. The packaging is small and easy to carry, and the cap is pretty much secured. However I prefer if they would have the dropper, it will be more hygienic. First application will sting a little but hey, that means it is doing its job in killing the bacteria right.In terms of price, it is quite reasonable compared to other expensive cream/gel whatever outside there. Overall, it is effective and it is proven! (in my case at least :D) therefore i will definitely purchase it again!!!

on 6/23/2013 11:16:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the tea tree oil while it was on sale for half price. Originally retailing at SGD18.90. I was excited to try it out since there were lots of HG rave reviews about this oil. However..... It has disappointed me greatly. This thing DOES NOT WORK on me AT ALL! I started using the tea tree facial foam together on the same day as when I first applied this. I applied the oil after cleansing + toning & before I sleep. I applied it on my spot acne blemishes & was expecting some wow results the next morning but nothing happened?! My zit continued to grow & the puss was almost coming out. Wasn't this oil supposed to dry out or heal the zit? So I gave the oil another chance & I decided not to burst the zit since its unhygienic, so I applied the oil again & the next day nothin happened again so I resorted to bursting it. Now I have an ugly scar. Applied the oil on the scar hoping it'll somewhat reduce its appearance but once again it didn't work. It's a waste of money. Maybe this oil just doesnt work for me. :'( PROS: - didn't cause break outs - smells nice CONS: - didn't work for me - didnt heal my acne - didn't heal my scars - difficult application OVERALL: it sucks & I will never buy it again.

on 6/9/2013 11:03:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I just finished my bottle and it is now the beginning of June. I bought mine at the end of January and considering how much I used this, I think it lasted a good while for how much I paid for it. Spot acne treatments have never really worked well for me, so I wanted to give this a try instead. Yes, the smell overwhelmed me at first, but with severe acne (I always have a breakout), I am willing to overcome everything. I applied this over all sorts of acne: whiteheads, cysts, you name it; additionally, I applied it EVERYWHERE on my body. I have acne on my chest, my back, and yes, even my butt. I even applied this on razor bumps when I got them and it took care of them really quickly. In fact, it took care of everything really quickly. I'm just so impressed with this product and it really has me looking into the rest of the line or any other products with tea tree oil as the main ingredient. I'm thrilled I found something that worked for me when nothing else did. :)

on 6/8/2013 5:42:00 AM

I purchased this product because it had good reviews in general and I was looking for a cheaper alternative to high-end acne treatments like Mario Badescu's Drying Lotion. Now, let's talk specifics:

First of all, and most importantly, this is NOT 100% tea tree oil (Melaleuca Alternifolia). It's a mixture of alcohol, melaleuca oil, citrus tea tree oil, vitamin E and some other PEG-based chemicals. Personally, I'm okay with this formula, but it feels to me that the packaging and product name are quite deceiving, since it's only 15% tea tree oil. The low concentration could also reduce its acne efficiency.

On my skin, I feel that it helped a bit with the really tiny acne bumps, but it did nothing for my larger pimples. I've been applying the oil twice a day on clean skin for a week now, and it has had no effect whatsoever, I have three large zits on the side of my face that haven't gone anywhere. They haven't even "matured" so I could pop them, they're just there and not going anywhere, which is very frustrating.
The smell is nice, it's very strong and it takes a while to get used to, but it's grown on me recently, it smells very herbal. The sensation on the skin is also pleasant, very cooling and a bit tingly.

The packaging is a bit unpractical. There's either no product coming out whatsoever, which is frustrating, either too much spilling on your fingers, which is again annoying. They should have included a pipette or a dispenser of some sort. As for the price, I feel this product is veeery overpriced for what it does. I've randomly researched about tea tree oil on the internet and found out you can purchase larger amounts of pure (!) tea tree oil for half (!) the price of this one.

Overall, I will not repurchase this product, unless it magically starts working for my acne. I'll be looking into pure tea tree oil instead, which is both cheaper and likely to be more effective.

on 5/28/2013 3:09:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I LOVE the smell of tea tree stuff. It takes a while to get used to, but it has a lot of awesome uses and kills bacteria. I got my bottle at half off, which was fantastic. Usually I use a few drops on a cotton ball and dab around my jawline where I break out. It dries problem areas up and helps to take away the bacteria. Also great for oily skin.

on 5/23/2013 10:07:00 PM

cheap and might be useful for blemish

This oil only works for small pimples, or small acnes that are still new (barely appear or barely visible). This product doesn't work for severe acnes or big acnes. The smell is horrible, and the package is very hard to open!
I used this when I had big acnes, and nothing worked. However, it healed small acnes and redness, but didn't do much. Just like that.
Will never repurchase this.

on 5/14/2013 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have been trying to find products to use on my skin that leans more towards the natural side and away from harsh chemicals so I thought I'd give this a go. First of all, this has a VERY distinct smell that took me a long time to get used to. However, I noticed that my blemishes shrinks a noticeable amount within using this overnight. For such a tiny bottle, this also lasted me a VERY long time. I probably wouldn't repurchase this because Trader Joes sells tea tree oil for a much cheaper price but this product is awesome!

on 5/4/2013 9:55:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff is fantastic -- I have a problem with cystic acne ( I have like the Colorado Rockies mountains along my cheeks ) and this stuff cleared it up almost instantly.
I've been to dermatologists, skin care professionals, tried home remedies, everything. Nothing worked except this, and I will only buy this.
This, along with other Body Shop products, is actually one dollar cheaper at an Ulta beauty store, and they often have great coupons, so it's not that expensive. The retail price for this at Ulta is $9.
I just tip it over and drop a little on my cheek where the cysts start coming in, and pat it onto the area.
WARNING: Do not "overdose" on this as it WILL dry out the skin quite a bit. But that usually is not a problem, as you can just kind of "pluck" the dry skin off the area and it will be fine. For some sensitive skin, however, it may be a little difficult. Just reduce the dosage if so !

Popular Treatments (Face)