July 25, 2014 | 1774 users online

Treatments (Face) - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2013 1:30:00 AM More reviews by lilyyy69

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

I get a lot of pimples so i will love it for them to heal fast. I thought this will help but it didn't. I was reading the ingredients its only about 15%(not exact) tea tree oil so basically its not 100% tea tree oil which sucks because when i bought this i thought I was buying the real thing. Anyways didn't work on the pimples.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/19/2012 8:06:00 AM More reviews by MariaLee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is really weird. Let me explain why. I got some acne and I put it on them. It dried out the acne along with my good skin. Then 2 weeks later I got new acne, I put it BUT it actually worsened the acne problem, I got more acne by using it. It works if you haven't been using it for a long time. If you use it constantly it increase the acne. I don't know why but now I keep my bottle just to use when I have a very serious acne. For constant use I discovered some real gems in my country, namely: Oxy10 (USA), Prettiean L'Acne (French product produced by STYLECOSMO INTERNATIONAL), Royalsense Acne Gel (Cindamycin (as phosphate) 10mg) produced by Sinphar Pharmaceutical Co in Taiwan.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2012 1:35:00 PM More reviews by jaynew

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a 36 year old woman who has battled cystic acne for the better part of the past fifteen years. I would get a cyst about every month - or more often - and that would usually result in an awful scar.

Two months ago, I hit rock bottom with my skin. All of the prescription treatments over the years had not worked, so my last option - or so I thought - was Accutane. I called my derm, made the appointment to get Accutane (which I had to wait 2+ months for), and kind of gave up.

In that moment, I decided to scrap all the prescriptions (a medicine cabinet full of them), and try something all natural before giving Accutane a go. I went to The Body Shop, and after chatting briefly with a salesgirl, decided that their pure tea tree oil was worth a try. (She told me that it would help my scarring, which I had never heard associated with tea tree oil before.)

Two months later, I can tell you that this is the ONLY product that has worked for me, and it's AMAZING. My worst areas - t-zone - are resembling normal skin for the first time in fifteen years. Scars are shrinking, healthy pores are reappearing, there's been little to no irritation... honestly, it feels like a bit of a miracle cure. I feel confident about my skin for the first time in my adult years.

I apply it twice daily with a q-tip, and just the other day it dawned on me that I haven't had to deal with a cyst in the two months that I've used it... a first for me, again, in years. I get the occasional small pimple, which I actually celebrate (!) because to me, that's the sign of healthy skin. I never had small pimples before... just gigantic skin infections.

I can't say enough about this product. If you are reading this and you're contemplating taking big invasive steps to resolve your cystic acne, please go out and buy this tea tree oil and give it a try first. I'm not sure if I'm just fortunate that it is working so well for my skin, but I'd like to think that this product has the ability to work wonders for others who have struggled in the same way that I have.

Needless to say, I cancelled my appointment with my derm. :)

Good luck!

14 out of 14 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2012 1:00:00 AM More reviews by Miooow

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I use this for a week and started to see improvements but sadly I have to stop using it cos it left my skin dry with rough patches!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by awibanez

Ever since I started using this product, my blemishes and pimples got heaps better. i used to break out real bad, the one that grows under the skin, really painful, and doesn't resolve easy. they last forever to heal too and when they do, they still leave marks. i learned about this product and decided to give it a try. i've been using it for 5 months now and my face cleared up! The worst I get now are tiny bumps which doesn't grow to become a pimple and my blemishes are all clearing up now. it's a good product to include in everyday skin care and i'll keep on using this. one bottle ($10 AUD) lasts me less than 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2012 12:57:00 PM More reviews by Whend1212

This is the first tea tree oil product I've ever used and now I'm a believer! I had a big cyst-like pimple deep under my skin that didn't go away for weeks. Just a few hours after the first application, I noticed the lump became significantly smaller. I was shocked by how fast it worked. I used the oil another three times and after that the pimple completely disapppeared. I've had the same experience when I've applied it to other breakouts. I don't use it daily. I just keep it around when I notice the early stages of a breakout and apply it to that specific area. It really controls the oil and minimizes the breakout. Results can be seen after just one or two applications. It stings a little, but I figure that's just the oil working, the way an antiseptic gel would sting on a cut.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/6/2012 8:29:00 AM More reviews by Pyretta5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

I was sent a sample of this with a recent order. I've heard of TTO, but never used it.

By chance, I happened to have a pimple that kept lingering around as well as a couple red bumpy spots on my chin below each side of my mouth. I decided to dab some on these areas, figuring it wouldn't hurt and at worst it wouldn't do anything.

Wow, after a couple days of doing that twice a day all of those areas cleared up...redness and all! I will def. be buying a normal bottle of this when the sample runs out. I looked up TTO and there's so many uses for it, it's incredible. This is going to be a mainstay in my medicine cabinet from now on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2012 11:01:00 AM More reviews by DoraZ

This is a staple product for me, I'm on my 4th bottle of this and it lasts a long time! I use it with other Tea Tree and Seaweed products from The Body Shop on my oilier T-Zone area and breakouts on my face are almost nonexistent. Try applying this with a Q-Tip or cotton ball before steaming treatments, that's what I do and I end up with great results!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2012 2:21:00 PM More reviews by x3rjessikers

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wasn't exactly sure how to incorporate this into my skin care or let alone use it on my acne. I tried dabbing it on my spots one by one when I had a massive break out but I felt like that was a waste of product. I now usually put a drop or two in the palm of my hand and add my moisturizer and mix before applying to my face. This way I can get the benefits of the tea tree oil without it drying out my skin and it will be evenly applied to my skin. I have to say this helped tremendously with my acne. At first, I didn't think using tea tree oil would help due to a previous experience. I guess the first bottle of tea tree I picked up wasn't the same grade as this and wasn't pure (I looked at the ingredients and tea tree was actually very low on the list.) You might think this only little bottle for $9 USD is a lot, but it does last quite a while. You really only need a few drops for your entire face if you add it into your moisturizer. After 4 to 5 months, I am finally nearing the end of my first bottle with daily use and I have another bottle waiting for me to break open. I would recommend this treatment to anyone with acne or possibly anyone just looking for clearer skin. I don't have much acne now, but I still use it to keep my face clear as a preventative measure.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2012 5:21:00 PM More reviews by illusionz84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I am a firm believer in Tea Tree Oil. I always swear by this product for spot treatment for pimples. I feel as if this formula works better than 100% pure tea tree oil, probably because it is diluted and won't dry your skin out. Just a little dab on a cotton ball or q-tip twice a day, and your pimples will be gone! :-D The small bottle will actually last you quite a while as well. The Body Shop frequently runs promotions too for buy one, get one 50% off, which I take advantage of when available!