Burt's Bees Beeswax Lip Balm

3.7

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

beeswax, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, peppermint oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosemary leaf extract, soybean oil, canola oil.

on 2/9/2015 10:14:00 AM

This is a review of Burt's bees tinted lip balm in caramel daisy. It's okay and I will use it up. The color is good. No objectionable scent. Problem is a slightly granular or grainy texture and a slightly stale taste (this is a new purchase) and it's on the expensive side for a drugstore brand. Also, it seems to have small chunks of shimmer.

This is less waxy feeling than chap stick, but you do feel a coating on the lips.

For less money, I prefer palmers cocoa stick (the one that looks like a big glue stick) which is natural, matte. Or if I want color, Wet and wild or NYX

BEST LIP BALM EVER! I have been using this for over 8 years! It is the only chapstick that I actually like. I hate all other chapsticks because it doesn't work and I hate the feeling. I am one of those people who has to be feel or see something to know it's working, so I absolutely love the tingly feeling this has. I grew up with this and I love it. (I actually went through a period in 5th grade where I was addicted to this and I put a thick layer of this on every 5 minutes! I look back on it and it's really embarrassing because I would put it all around my lips like above them and stuff omg) I love this stuff so much!!! (:

I like the consistency, it's a thick waxy balm. However its minty and I hate that feeling on my lips.

on 2/5/2015 2:23:00 AM

is not my go to #1 lip balm, but it smells really great and although it's more waxy then oily/smooth such as, say baby lips, is still very moisturizering and i love burts beesand it's ingredients

on 2/3/2015 5:41:00 PM

I was excited to buy my first Burt's Bees lip balm, but that died quickly.

It moisturises well at first, but I need to reapply every 30 minutes to an hour. My lips are pretty dry, all the time. In Canada's winters, its even worse.

It ran out pretty quickly, and wasn't even that great at conditioning. It also had a funny taste to it, which is really hard to describe. No, I didn't eat it but its on my lips so obviously you are bound to taste it sooner or later!

I wont be repurchasing, and I wouldn't recommend it. There are much better brands and options out there, for half the price of Burt's Bees.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- goes on clear so can layer some lipsticks or gloss on top
- moisturizing
- natural ingredients (uses beeswax and sweet almond oil)
- peppermint oil gives illusion of fresh breath

Cons:
- peppermint oil can sting for first few minutes (if you are sensitive, skip this product)
- have to use fingers to apply if in the tin. Buy tube if available

I don't like having to use my fingers so this tin stays beside my bed. The problem is the peppermint oil is quite strong so it does not aid in sleeping. I find that I don't reach for it because of having to use my fingers and the peppermint zing. Won't repurchase even if it is in a tube.

Rating: 3/5

on 1/27/2015 11:37:00 AM

My last review for today...
I keep buying this product even though I have some problems with it. Burt's tends to be dry and waxy, but it is still better than other drugstore lip balms. The Original has a nice minty feel to it. I prefer the Grapefruit which is silkier, but I do use this one frequently as well. I have them stashed all over the place!

on 1/26/2015 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Unfortunately, not my cup of tea. It dries my lips like crazy. It has a smell which bothers me.

on 1/26/2015 5:23:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is the ONLY Burt's lip balm that I do not like. The rest of them are excellent in providing moisture with a non-greasy, non-sticky formula. Burt's Bees is the best lip balm you will ever use in my opinion. This lip balm seemed to have those qualities as well, but I could not get past the burning on my lips to keep it on long enough. It was far too tingly for me and I thought I was having an allergic reaction to it. This was until I found out that it does that to everyone due to the peppermint extract. I could not get over the brand loyalty some of my friends had toward the products. I ended up giving Burt's another chance when I seen the other flavors and checked the ingredients to make sure there was no peppermint in it. Been a loyal customer for thirteen years now. If you don't like this one then try out the other flavors, there is enough of them to find one you like.

on 1/18/2015 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I am a lip product person. As I've mentioned in other reviews, I am constantly battling flaky, dry lips year round. I love trying all different lip glosses, chapsticks, and balms. The problem is, my lips usually end up super dry and bad after I've used certain products and not burts bees in awhile (Except buxom glosses). I always go back to this and my lips are significantly improved within 24 hours. If I'm diligent about applying it every day my lips will be the best they can be. I've been using this stuff for about 8 years and have purchased countless tubes. I use other burts bees products that also work really well for me. The original medicated blistex spf 15 in the teal colored tube was my original favorite, but this stuff is a bit better and longer lasting. I'm enjoy the cooling effect on the lips and the minty smell that makes my breath super fresh. My boyfriend and I have to label our own tubes since neither of us can live without it if our tube got misplaced. 😁

Popular Lip Treatments