November 24, 2014 | 1976 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2012 2:28:00 PM More reviews by dahliakatz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Going back to the store (via my mom who bought it first and then tried to hand it down to me). Lesson learned: always try makeup and lipsticks in daylight before deciding.

This colour is awful on my yellow-undertoned skin, and the formula is really dry, even for a matte. Horrible on my mom too, who is rosier than I am.

What SA let her leave the store with this? Yeesh.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2012 11:16:00 PM More reviews by rayoflight121

I'm very happy to have picked this up. It brightens up my face (nc25) and is perfect for everyday wear. Its a nicely balanced medium pink on me. Its isn't drying or flat considering that its a matte formula and lasts longer then my other MAC formulas.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was terrified of this l/s when I first swatched it in stores - it looked like a flat, matte ORANGE, which I thought couldn't possibly be flattering on anyone. Then I tried it near the window (for better lighting) and wow, I am impressed! On my NC25 Asian skin, it looks more like a peach with some warm pink undertones. VERY flattering. I highly urge people to try this lipstick before they walk past it.

The formula is matte and can be a little drying, but I solve this problem with a few swipes of balm underneath. (It's not as drying as Mac's Brave or Velvet Teddy, which I find kind of strange.) The opacity is fabulous, I only need one swipe to get a full swatch of color on my lips. I don't think it necessarily looks 'sexy', but this color does make my lips look plump and pretty. I wear it for work because it's a toned down and generally gorgeous on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2012 9:27:00 AM More reviews by lightgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought this lipstick because I was very curious about it for a while now. When I went to the MAC counter, I swatched it on my skin along with the other nudes that I have, including Velvet Teddy, Half n Half, and Honeylove. Velvet Teddy is more brown and does not have a peach vibe to it at all. Half n Half is a slightly darker, pinker color than Honeylove and cream formula. Honeylove is the palest of all. Kinda Sexy is darker than half n half and honeylove and brighter than velvet teddy. It has a more peachy vibe to it. I asked my mom what she thought of it on my and she said "It's pretty. Very natural and pretty, and kinda sexy" lol. I LOVE the matte texture in the MAC collection - beautiful, sexy and actually hydrating. So, I am NC15/NW20 for reference.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cocosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i was looking for a matte but kinda orangey lipstick and my mac mua showed mi this. and i fell in love with it=) i can use it everyday espacially for work cause the color is so natural. its darker than freckletone but lighter than ravishing. its a little drying though but i put lip balm before using it. definately repurchase=)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 5:50:00 AM More reviews by angelamaria92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This lipstick is great, really smooth to apply, long lasting and it smells really nice too, (quite rare for lipstick). Only downside is when applied the color is a lot lighter than it looks, however I love the color anyway :).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:02:00 AM More reviews by geekess

I am in love! On my NC 20 skin this looks incredible and as the name suggests kinda sexy! Its like my lip colour but slightly darker which I just love, I can wear this day and night. Although it is a matte finish it doesn't feel drying at all it's more like a satin feel just with a matte look, personally I don't mind the matte feel but if you hate it don't be put off this lipstick because I would go as far as it feeling moisturising. This is also a very universal shade.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2012 4:02:00 AM More reviews by naybrat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After purchasing this lipstick all I can say is... I'M IN LOOOOOVE <3 I wasn't really looking to buying anything when I was going to MAC until I saw one of the customers trying this nude lipstick. I was so surprised to see such a nude color to look so beautiful on the lips and considering that Kinda Sexy is a matte, it doesn't look at all matte on the lips. I would say it is more of a satin finish.

Also I would say that trying it on ( i'm an NC 37) and the customer ( NC 42) the color definitely is flattering to almost all skin tones since it is a neutral pink. This is awesome for the girl next door look in the day time and subtle sexy bombshell look at night!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 10:37:00 PM More reviews by makeupphd

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my current fave. I bought it just to give it a try and I was so surprised by how much I like it. In the tube, it looks like a light pink, but on it's the perfect mix of nude-pink-peach- super odd how it works out, but super beautiful. I'm NC37 olive tone skin and this is a perfect everyday, wearable, MLBB shade. But it is in no way a boring shade, it's actually like a natual "bombshell" color, it just makes my lips look pouty and full, very fleshy and more than just "kinda" sexy. I alternated between a lot of lipsticks, so I doubt I'll be finishing it up anytime soon, but if I did I would totally repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2012 8:11:00 PM More reviews by AntFarm

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my HG nude lipsticks. It is more of a coral-nude on my warm skin tone. I like the matte formula, although I do have to use lip balm first when wearing this. It is definitely and MLBB shade and it gives a glow that looks like it comes from the inside of my lips. Love it.