April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Treatments - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2008 4:50:00 PM More reviews by nechama22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

AWESOME product! It clears me up better than anything I have ever used! I lost mine and immediately went out and bought another. I was developing 2 cystic pimples and applying this over them a few times a day and right before bed, they went down significantly and stopped hurting.

Excellent!

UPDATE: I truly don't know how I lived without this for so long. Absolutely fantastic product!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/14/2008 10:48:00 AM More reviews by birdyb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this at trader joe's right when I was having hormonal whiteheads popping up. I usually have clear skin, but as I'm nearing my mid 30s, I'm having some issues. This stuff is great! I saw results with 2 applications a day. I'm on day 4 and my blemishes are gone. I thought I'd have issues with the roll-on application, but I just shake once, roll, and it delivers enough liquid to cover several spots (so I'm not rolling it all over my face). It works SO much better than the clinique stuff I'd been using, is more affordable, and natural. YAY!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 7:04:00 AM More reviews by gerrylee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the best stuff! repurchase again and again. they sell it at the health food store but its imported from the US and cost sg$20. ridiculous. and you go through it so quickly too. the packaging isn't great but i can't think of any alternative way of applying this liquid. overall, for what it does, its definitely worth it. (always out of stock at my store!)

rated 1 of 5 on 7/3/2008 2:54:00 AM More reviews by nogenrewriter

I was at a local Whole Foods and really wanted to get Nelson's Homeopathic acne gel but they no longer carried it and so i figured i would give this a shot. On open acne lesions, it stung a bit but i didn't mind because it really felt like it was getting "in there." i didn't use it 5-6x a day, but 2-3 because of time. i really wanted to like it, but it just didn't work for me at all. my biggest gripe, however, is that i went through a whole stick in less than two weeks. the stuff either gets stuck or gushes out all at once. it might be better to use a q-tip with it instead of rolling it directly on the face. it may have done something over time or if i had actually done the 5-6x a day as directed, but i saw absolutely no improvements and will try to get my hands on Nelson's.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2008 11:53:00 AM More reviews by smurfkitten

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this after reading the good reviews here on MUA. I usually have clear skin now but had one of those time-of-the-month breakouts and about five little super red zits seemed to emerge on my forehead overnight with no warning. Grr.
Recommended usage is 5-6 times a day… a lot! I managed maybe 3-4 times, because I didn’t want to put it over my make-up. It does work well under make-up, though.
After one day of use, there was a reduction in redness/inflammation, and while the pimples didn’t shrink, they didn’t grow any bigger. After the second day, they did shrink, and they were really easy to hide with concealer since they were almost entirely flat and not very red. After the third day, I was almost back to my normal clear self. I am definitely always going to keep this product around!!
There are two downsides… the first being the packaging… not too fond of roll-ons because sometimes too much product comes out… which brings me to the second downside… alcohol is very high up on the ingredients list, and I know that alcohol really dries out my skin, so I have to be very careful that this is applied to only the blemish and not the surrounding skin or I could end up with dry patches around the blemish – not good. But these two downsides aren’t enough to deter me from using this product, considering how well it worked for me. I definitely, definitely recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 2:22:00 AM More reviews by babiappl3

ii had actually purchased this a few months ago and left it in my drawer because i hadn't read the label that said apply 5 or 6 times a day so i assumed it just didn't really work. the smell was strong as well and it stung a little so i stopped using but recently i was looking up blemish solutions and saw that this had extremely high reviews so i decided to dig it back and use it again. i must say, although this isn't a miracle worker it is amazing at reducing redness. if i apply this enough all my blemishes will really reduce dramatically in size and redness. i'm already on my fourth stick of this. Which leads to the worst part of this product, i buy a stick for about 5.50 at trader joes and i can literally go through 2 sticks of these in less than month. Your supposed to apply this quite a few times during the day for it to work but the packaging often cause none to come out or so much that it drips all over and you end up wasting the product on an area that didn't even need any. Overall i will continue to buy this becaus it's amazing and i find it better than any acne spot treatment i've ever used but they really need to improve the packaging.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2008 11:27:00 AM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I waited a few weeks to write my review on this product so I could see if it would really live up to all the glowing claims. And I must say that YES it does. I use this product daily on my entire face and have been acne free ever since. My skin is 100% clear with no new breakouts and it cleared up the existing breakouts very quickly. This is my new HG and I am going to be buying it in bulk since I can only find it online. I encourage anyone who suffers from acne to give this product a try. My only complaint is the packaging – it comes in a roller ball applicator that can tend to drip. You also seem to go through the product rather quickly if you’re using for your entire face. But I’m not complaining, this stuff has helped me when I thought there was no hope for my skin.

**************************EDIT****************
This product has stopped working and has done nothing to help with blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by ktb2780

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow. After 5-6 days of use (2-3X per day), I have NO ACTIVE/NEW acne. I haven't been able to say that in almost a YEAR. I haven't had a smooth, non-painful/inflammed face for a YEAR. Now, I do.

It is either this miracle tube of stuff, or also the Apple Cider Vinegar I've used as a toner when I started using this last week. I've used apple cider before (last year) and did not notice these results so I'd have to say it IS the blemish stick, mostly, doing this.

I am going to buy two or three more right now - I use a lot since it leaks a little when I put it on. If they ever discontinue this I will cry. I am noting the ingredients so if I had to I could buy them individually and try to make it myself.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 8:00:00 AM More reviews by dascha

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm 37 and my big-time breakout days are over, but I bought this when, four days prior to a wedding party, I had an enflamed clogged pore on my forehead, a couple of whiteheads on my cheeks, and something growing underneath the skin of my chin, hard and hurting. Yuck!! I usually use Neutrogena spot check gel, but the smell and the chemicals were bothering me and I wanted something "natural." And yet I'd tried the Burt's Bees stuff and I found it seriously lacking. So I got this because I knew Tea Tree Oil was really great for healing facial crud. I put it on my spots several times a day and -- I SWEAR -- in a couple of days everything was GONE. The big incipient zit on my chin never emerged and the bumps everywhere else are smoothed out, with no redness. The best part is, it didn't burn my skin off to do this. No flakes! And the smell is very pleasant. So now I'm about to go to the wedding and I feel confident. This stuff saved me. Tea Tree oil rules. I'll never go back to the chemical stuff again. eta: At the wedding someone went out of their way to tell me I had "great skin." Yay, Desert Essence!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2008 10:22:00 AM More reviews by ThinkPink2683

I love this product. Small pimples go away nearly overnight. If I have a bad one I apply the liquid every couple of hours, and they are generally gone (or nearly) in 24 hours. It dries up the problem without drying out my skin. As long as I have the stick on hand to roll on I'm so much less tempted to pop those suckers and scar up my face. I personally love the smell of tea-tree oil, but this is mixed with the scent of witch hazel and other botanical smells so it isn't too strong at all. I've never used a blemish treatment that burn my skin AND got rid of pimples overnight.