October 23, 2014 | 1062 users online

Pressed Powders - Black Opal - Invisible Oil Blocking Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2005 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ashantiqueen

I purchased this about 6 months ago and it came in a trio with some bronzer/shimmer and a blush. I don't know why I hadn't used it, but within the past month I've been using it religiously. This works wonderfully for me. Before using the invisible oil blocking powder I used to shine through my make-up by mid morning. This lasts for me till mid-late afternoon. I just apply with a kabuki brush( the brush that came with the package is garbage)and reapply a little in the afternoon if I'm going out after work.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2005 7:14:00 AM More reviews by il23

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Update: IIRC this powder only has one shade which is translucent. It's a bit too dark for my skin in winter but should work fine for those with darker skin.

This is a pretty good powder. It does keep away oil for longer than most other brands I've tried, but only by an hr or so. (Total oil control is around 3-4 hrs depending on heat.) The best part is it looks very natural, not chalky and powdery like other PP. It doesn't have a scent. The packaging isn't bad, a round black compact with a nice sized mirror. The puff included is pretty much useless and smears my foundation, changing the look and color. So I use one of my own or a brush.

Overall I like this powder a lot, solely because no matter how much you slap on for a quick touch up, it never ever looks cakey, powdery, or unnatural. Its oil control properties aren't bad but nothing spectacular. 4 lippies. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 6:49:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Perfect for removing that mid-day shine. Does not change color of your makeup or look ashy on my DDD complexion(NW45 or HIP#818). Also works very well as an eyeshadow primer. Comes in a very sturdy, drop proof, round black compact with a mirror. Cost $7 at Walmart. The compact will last quite a long time. Mine is at least one year old. The metal is just beginning to show. I have paid much more for the highend oil blotting powder/sheets that don't work nearly as well. I bought several so they won't discontinue them on me.Gave one to my mother who is going through the change of life and has hot flashes. Works great for her too. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Seronda

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

If you love MAC's Blot(18.95), then you have to try Black Opal at half the price for $9.00.

I am here to say that it was wonderful in taking away the shine with out changing the color of my foundation. That being the case any lady of any skin tone can use it with confidence. I would recommend thou that you use a powder brush instead of the puff (I had a tendency to wipe off what I had on). The compact is very nice and reminds you more of a high end product with a full round mirror in the lid. Give it a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2005 9:40:00 AM More reviews by Diablo2g

This is what I have finally been looking for! I have very oily skin and soon after i wash my face and put on makeup, shine starts peeping through, especially on my forhead. I've tried Clean & Clear oil absorbing sheets which worked well but weren't really long lasting. When I bought this, it was really light colored powder, way lighter than my brown skin. However, they were true to say it's "invisible". I couldn't even see it when it went on. It really gives you matte perfection. And the best part of it is that it lasts for a really long time after you put it on. I, of course, have to touch up during the day, but this is the best thing I have ever bought to control shine. Oily skin people.....BUY IT!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2005 5:25:00 PM More reviews by sultana1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

wow! thanks to mua for recommending this powder! i was having trouble with mac blot (see my reviews) when i was directed to this one as an alternative...and what an alternative! my boyfriend kept telling me my skin looked beautiful and he had no idea i was wearing makeup because i put this powder on over palladio sheer herbal foundation. this is really a beautiful product because under all lighting, it looks soft and natural and you cannot tell you are wearing powder! i had complaints with even the most finely milled powders (T.LeClerc) and the mineral makeup because under harsh lighting, you can look very cakey. i have dark skin tone--half a shade lighter than mac nw35, and this is a translucent powder that leaves no color and does not look chalky on my skin. it has oil absorbing power as good as mac blot and at half the price and better quality, what more can you ask for? i highly recommend this. my definite secret to skin that can give the allusion of flawlessness. it comes in a very sexy sleek little black compact. sold at drugstores that sell black opal (i got mine from eckerd's). once again, a fabulous product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2005 10:19:00 PM More reviews by talkaboutaddiction

Wow! I am not even a woman of color as I am very pale but I bought this anyway since it said it was invisible and it was actually the color in the compact of my usual MAC powder (NC25) I am really impressed by the oil control in this. I wish it had more coverage but it does make a nice oil touch up powder under my usual Enlgish Ideas powder fndt. Love this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2004 4:06:00 PM More reviews by TopNote

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was a great find. Oil absorbing powder that works just as good if not better than MAC Blot. I have super oily skin and this keeps it in check for the majority of the day. Doesnt leave a white cast either on dark skin its really invisible. Its packaged in a nice sleek black case with mirror. I was surprised to find this since I didnt think Black Opal made a oil absorbing face powder. Great product for only $8.00.