October 24, 2014 | 1665 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2011 9:53:00 AM More reviews by ceen

Disappointing in terms of both texture and performance: sat on top of skin creating an unattractive, 'full-on' make-up look. To make matters worse, pigment appeared to darken as the day progressed.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/7/2011 9:35:00 PM More reviews by mashed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm NC15 and porcelain was a good match. This made my skin feel fabulous. It felt great on and touching my face it was so smooth. Unfortunately the coverage isn't enough for me as I have redness on my cheeks I like to minimize. Even with some of their stick foundation over it, it just didn't look great.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2011 1:56:00 PM More reviews by plrg

I had this in Alabaster over the winter when I was NC15-20 and I use Vanilla now that I am NC25. This is an extremely light foundation (sheer to sheer-medium coverage) that leaves a natural-glow finish. It's formulated in Japan and has a lot of similarities to other Japanese cream foundations, namely that it has a light gel texture to it, and contains a lot of water (around 60% I think). The jar lasted about 4-5 months when I wore it everyday - during the daytime only because it doesn't control oil too well and it doesn't have much coverage. However, this is great if you're going for the no-foundation look.

To make the product more sanitary, usually I just take a q-tip, lightly dip it into the pot, and then dab the foundation from the q-tip onto the back of my hand. Then I use a stippling brush to stipple it all over my face. Usually one q-tip head's worth of foundation is enough for my whole face.

Though I love this foundation, I don't know if I'll be repurchasing it again in the future. I'm moving away to products that are paraben-free, and for such a sheer foundation, it's not "worth it" for me to be putting parabens everyday on my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 12:08:00 AM More reviews by ewhitelaw

Luckily I didn't actually pay for this foundation or I would be a very unhappy chappy!

Now before I go on about how i'm not a big fan of this foundation, I just want to preface this by saying that this foundation feels amazing on! It is so lovely. It's like someone is giving my skin a big hug. I have been using Laura Mercier mineral powder for about 5 months now and my skin is the worst i think it has ever been. It's sore and dry and I have lots of little lines appearing everywhere! So putting this product on this morning was such a relief for my super-sensitive, dry skin. It just feels so comfortable and light and silky, it's just feels amazing. That's worth the two lippies in my mind. There ends the love for this product.

I like a medium coverage. To get a coverage I would happily leave the house with I needed to apply two layers of foundation and then patted more on under my eyes and on a couple of spots. Then repeated the patting under my eyes as I was about to walk out the door as the coverage was still too sheer. Not my cup of tea, understand if it is others but sheesh - why bother wearing a foundation at all if it is that sheer!

Also, it is now 6 hours since I applied and while it hasn't completely disappeared, my skin is getting shiny (not in a good way). Like I said before, i have relatively dry skin so this is definitely a foundation to avoid if you are prone to shine. The other thing is that my spots are starting to show through the foundation now as well, so the minimal coverage it provides is wearing off. Sigh.

Well, for the price, I'm glad the lovely ladies at Mecca convinced me to try a tester first and i'm even more glad that I don't like it and don't have to fork out over a hundred bucks everytime i need more foundation!

Sad not to be in love :(

rated 3 of 5 on 6/18/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by Tanyth

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm on the fence with this one. It's beautiful, no doubt. It doesn't seem to break me out, makes the skin feel smooth, feels like it genuinely does have skincare benefits... However, the coverage is medium so your skin does need to be in pretty good condition to use this product in isolation. This will not cover much more than minor redness and certainly won't camouflage blemishes. Overall, an amazing foundation for most skin types as a base, however concealer necessary if your skin is not in ideal condition. Will probably re-purchase as it's gorgeous, and combine with something with more coverage for those days when skin is not behaving. Also worth noting that as this has a gel consistency it does need to be warmed with fingers, so there may be a little wastage. Packaging is lovely but not ideal as tubs are perceived to be a little unhygienic, however certainly not a deal-breaker!

Edit:
Finished the jar, but won't re-purchase as although it has some nice ingredients, it made my skin congested and doesn't suit my skin type. Going back to mineral make up.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I requested a sample of Porcelain after wanting to try Future Skin for ages -- I was drawn to the added skincare benefits and the amazing finish this foundation is supposed to have. I love, and am currently using NARS Siberia, but once I was aware that Chantecaille came out with Porcelain (lighter than Alabaster, the original lightest shade, which was too dark for me), I wanted to try it -- I'm approximately NW5-10, and I would say that Porcelain is definitely lighter than NC15 -- maybe the dark side of NC10.

While I was secretly hoping I would not fall in love with it (it's pricey!), I knew I was in trouble when I tried it on my hand and couldn't stop feeling how smooth the skin was! The formula is a thicker, gel-like consistency, but it smooths on and blends quite easily. My pores seem to disappear, even without primer, and it makes my complexion look flawless. Porcelain is still slightly darker than my neck, but it works. While the finish is outstanding, the coverage is super sheer, which is a bummer; it's not pigmented enough to make my complexion fully uniform (i.e. make my face, which has surface redness, match my neck).

Bottom line: A definite must-try -- it has smoothed my skin like no other foundation has. If it were lighter / had the coverage to make my complexion uniform, I would probably switch to it entirely.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, but I can't justify making it a staple. It melts into my skin and gives me a nice finish and I love the gel-like consistency. I can't give it five stars because of the price and the fact it's in a jar. I am a germ-phobe and can't stand products in jars. I have sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and this doesn't irritate it in any way. If I had the extra money to spare, I would probably use it more and just always use a spatula to remove it. I would recommend at least giving it a try. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a nicely formulated foundation which is best for those on the dry side who require minimal coverage. While touted as a medium coverage foundation, it is very light and provides only evening of the skintone so if you need to cover spots, pigmentation, redness its best to do so with a concealer rather than rely on this. The formula is really great however while its water content is quite high, it dries very quickly thereby providing little moisture. The colours are great too however the main issue I find with this is

1) I get oily very quickly, 3 hours in and im shiny and I rarely get shiny anymore and dont have oily skin. Even with combination skin, its one of the few foundations I have tried which contribute to the oilies.

2) Subsequently, when there is oil, the coverage appears to be somewhat 'eaten' or absorbed by the oilies thereby providing even less coverage. What is left after 3 hours of wear is little more than pressed powder provides, at the end of the day my makeup pad has virtually no foundation on it since it has disappeared.

3). This oxidises, while not by a significant amount, it darkens by about half a shade. I suspect the oiliness it produces may exacerbate this somewhat. Hence if you are between shades, try the lighter one first.

I find the performance of this to be better without primer, it gives more grip to the skin and coverage is not as light. Applied to dry moisturised skin (but not freshly moisturised), it provides the best results and lasts the longest. Also I have found that a brush thins this out way too much, fingers do nicely and provides a flawless finish. Its such a shame that I had to return this since it really doenst perform for me. I find the tinted moisturiser to be a much better product and the coverage lasts and is surprisingly heavier than this so I recommend you try that if this fails you. All in all, sample first if you have any tendancy to get oily. I really think this is best for dry skins, I am normal now and it has made me look like a shiny disco ball after 3 hours. I gave it a 2 lippie rating since the color selection is fantastic but it just made me so oily and whatever light coverage there is, it fades pretty quickly..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

Best foundation I've ever used! This is semi-bad news for me as it is not cheap but I must re-purchase. I agree with the previous poster who recommended using fingers. I tried to apply with a brush a few times and it just didn't look as natural. Using the fingers seemed to warm it up or something and blend in with my natural tones/texture better. I can't explain it. I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation - it hides uneven skin and blemishes really well without feeling like you're wearing a heavy foundation. Goes on lightly like a moisturiser but stays on a really long time. Feels beautiful.
The colour chosen for me just recently was Chamomile. I have a neutral to cool skin tone and am quite fair, except in summer when I tan quite quickly. It has just been summer here and when I put this shade on I admit I question if it is too light. But it seems to "settle" in a few minutes and blend in fine when I have the rest of my eyes/cheeks/lips done. I think this feeling may also be a result of wearing sheer tinted moisturiser all summer ie not being used to being made-up so perfectly.
EDIT: after using this for some months, I have dropped a lippie because I have noticed it doesn't cover my blemishes as well as I originally thought. At the time of purchase I must have had quite good skin. Since then I've had a few breakouts and these are quite visible under this make up. So for the price, I'm not sure if I would rebuy if it is not covering my flaws very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lily_vert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely my new holy grail and wow - nothing compares. Perfect color match. Goes on with your fingers (do not use a sponge - the sponge will absorb too much product). Its healthy for your skin (!) with tons of seaweed. It moisturizes but doesn't look shiny. I went to bed with it on last night and the makeup still looked good in the morning - it was still evident. Truly. Last but not least, it minimizes wrinkles on skin nearing 60. It doesn't crease at all. Absolutely zero fragrance. Its like a dream product. Its expensive, but for this - its so worth it.