April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

I requested a sample of Porcelain after wanting to try Future Skin for ages -- I was drawn to the added skincare benefits and the amazing finish this foundation is supposed to have. I love, and am currently using NARS Siberia, but once I was aware that Chantecaille came out with Porcelain (lighter than Alabaster, the original lightest shade, which was too dark for me), I wanted to try it -- I'm approximately NW5-10, and I would say that Porcelain is definitely lighter than NC15 -- maybe the dark side of NC10.

While I was secretly hoping I would not fall in love with it (it's pricey!), I knew I was in trouble when I tried it on my hand and couldn't stop feeling how smooth the skin was! The formula is a thicker, gel-like consistency, but it smooths on and blends quite easily. My pores seem to disappear, even without primer, and it makes my complexion look flawless. Porcelain is still slightly darker than my neck, but it works. While the finish is outstanding, the coverage is super sheer, which is a bummer; it's not pigmented enough to make my complexion fully uniform (i.e. make my face, which has surface redness, match my neck).

Bottom line: A definite must-try -- it has smoothed my skin like no other foundation has. If it were lighter / had the coverage to make my complexion uniform, I would probably switch to it entirely.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2011 5:40:00 PM More reviews by scootipooti

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like this foundation, but I can't justify making it a staple. It melts into my skin and gives me a nice finish and I love the gel-like consistency. I can't give it five stars because of the price and the fact it's in a jar. I am a germ-phobe and can't stand products in jars. I have sensitive skin that breaks out easily, and this doesn't irritate it in any way. If I had the extra money to spare, I would probably use it more and just always use a spatula to remove it. I would recommend at least giving it a try. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2011 1:46:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is a nicely formulated foundation which is best for those on the dry side who require minimal coverage. While touted as a medium coverage foundation, it is very light and provides only evening of the skintone so if you need to cover spots, pigmentation, redness its best to do so with a concealer rather than rely on this. The formula is really great however while its water content is quite high, it dries very quickly thereby providing little moisture. The colours are great too however the main issue I find with this is

1) I get oily very quickly, 3 hours in and im shiny and I rarely get shiny anymore and dont have oily skin. Even with combination skin, its one of the few foundations I have tried which contribute to the oilies.

2) Subsequently, when there is oil, the coverage appears to be somewhat 'eaten' or absorbed by the oilies thereby providing even less coverage. What is left after 3 hours of wear is little more than pressed powder provides, at the end of the day my makeup pad has virtually no foundation on it since it has disappeared.

3). This oxidises, while not by a significant amount, it darkens by about half a shade. I suspect the oiliness it produces may exacerbate this somewhat. Hence if you are between shades, try the lighter one first.

I find the performance of this to be better without primer, it gives more grip to the skin and coverage is not as light. Applied to dry moisturised skin (but not freshly moisturised), it provides the best results and lasts the longest. Also I have found that a brush thins this out way too much, fingers do nicely and provides a flawless finish. Its such a shame that I had to return this since it really doenst perform for me. I find the tinted moisturiser to be a much better product and the coverage lasts and is surprisingly heavier than this so I recommend you try that if this fails you. All in all, sample first if you have any tendancy to get oily. I really think this is best for dry skins, I am normal now and it has made me look like a shiny disco ball after 3 hours. I gave it a 2 lippie rating since the color selection is fantastic but it just made me so oily and whatever light coverage there is, it fades pretty quickly..

rated 3 of 5 on 4/24/2011 1:17:00 AM More reviews by hhozay

Best foundation I've ever used! This is semi-bad news for me as it is not cheap but I must re-purchase. I agree with the previous poster who recommended using fingers. I tried to apply with a brush a few times and it just didn't look as natural. Using the fingers seemed to warm it up or something and blend in with my natural tones/texture better. I can't explain it. I'd say this is a medium coverage foundation - it hides uneven skin and blemishes really well without feeling like you're wearing a heavy foundation. Goes on lightly like a moisturiser but stays on a really long time. Feels beautiful.
The colour chosen for me just recently was Chamomile. I have a neutral to cool skin tone and am quite fair, except in summer when I tan quite quickly. It has just been summer here and when I put this shade on I admit I question if it is too light. But it seems to "settle" in a few minutes and blend in fine when I have the rest of my eyes/cheeks/lips done. I think this feeling may also be a result of wearing sheer tinted moisturiser all summer ie not being used to being made-up so perfectly.
EDIT: after using this for some months, I have dropped a lippie because I have noticed it doesn't cover my blemishes as well as I originally thought. At the time of purchase I must have had quite good skin. Since then I've had a few breakouts and these are quite visible under this make up. So for the price, I'm not sure if I would rebuy if it is not covering my flaws very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/17/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by lily_vert

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Absolutely my new holy grail and wow - nothing compares. Perfect color match. Goes on with your fingers (do not use a sponge - the sponge will absorb too much product). Its healthy for your skin (!) with tons of seaweed. It moisturizes but doesn't look shiny. I went to bed with it on last night and the makeup still looked good in the morning - it was still evident. Truly. Last but not least, it minimizes wrinkles on skin nearing 60. It doesn't crease at all. Absolutely zero fragrance. Its like a dream product. Its expensive, but for this - its so worth it.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2011 12:47:00 AM More reviews by he11ogorgeous

This is a very unique foundation. Some foundations give a powdery finish, some oily, some very sheer. when someone says it looks natural usually the foundation is very sheer and impurities can be seen through the foundation. this foundation literally mimics the texture of skin! It's very nature, it lasts, and it has great buildable coverage. it is lightly too dark for me and I'm trying to figure out if it broke me out or if all the other things i tried recently broke me out but if i can isolate the breaking out and it wasn't the foundation then this is great. It is expensive, too expensive for my taste, so iI was going to switch it up back and forth with my young blood mineral make up. a little goes a long way with this. and its actually better to use the small concealer brush to apply the foundation instead of a normal brush. It's great. I think a lot of negative reviews are of people nitpicking the product because of how expensive it is they want to find reasons for it to be not worth the price. I do not enjoy the price, but it is a good product regardless. I gave it a 4 because i dont know if its breaking me out, the packaging is SO unhygenic... wth, and the color isn't super perfect. but its better than the majority of brands in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 1:34:00 AM More reviews by bxkern2

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Hands down the best foundation I've ever used! Doesn't settle into fine lines and wrinkles, stays put all day, and actually looks amazing after 12+ hours of wear. The other thing that's wonderful about Chantecaille is that I can find a perfect skin match: I have peach undertones -- not beige, brown, pink, or orange...PEACH! The shade Vanilla is absolutely perfect -- I'm shocked! I don't think I've ever got the undertone right on any type of foundation, which is one reason why I hardly ever wear it (combined with the fact that it typically feels heavy and nasty on my face). Anyway, this formula is super light, and I actually like to apply it like I would a tinted moisturizer: after I shower, I apply moisturizer + sunblock, then I take a Q-tip and dab about 2-3 blobs of Future Skin in my hands, rub my palms together, and press into my face...perfection! With a little concealer (also in Vanilla) on blemishes and undereye circles, and some mascara/blush/lipstick, I'm good to go! I don't mind paying a higher price for something that works this well -- kind of like I don't mind shelling out for a swimsuit that makes me look 15 lbs lighter. Totally worth it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 3:14:00 PM More reviews by charlies04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm surprised that I do actually like this foundation! Its quite an unusal consistency, which reminds me mostly of Giorgio Armani's 'Face Fabric' foundation, yet more liquid - I know this is labelled as a 'gel foundation' (or on this site- as a 'creme') but I would describe this best as a marriage between being a liquid foundation and a mousse foundation - it applies to the skin like a thick, cakey mousse but yet the results look very light, natural, skin like and blemish free (also resembling the results of GA's Face Fabric IMO).
I can see the quality in this product but at a whopping 55 GBP its the most expensive foundation i've ever tried! Because of its price it isn't a foundation I can wear everyday, but one to reserve for when I want a clear skin, fresh yet sophicated high powered office look. I use the light shade 'Porcelain (0)' which is a good match for my fair NC15 skin. Due to my combination/oily skin I find this gets a bit greasy thoughout the day (which I've noticed other reviewers have mentioned too-glad its not just me!), which is rather disappointing and which is the major draw back for me! But overall, its simply an innovative and high-tech foundation that has an equally high price tag! Its not a necessity, and I still prefer my Bobbi Brown bases for everyday.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:11:00 PM More reviews by joedalton

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best foundation I've ever used. I use the alabaster and it's a perfect match, makes my skin glow and because of the ingredients I don't feel guilty if I'm too lazy to take off my make up at night. It has light to medium coverage so for evenings and special occasions I use something else(MAC studio fix foundation). The only problem is that it has no SPF and that's inconvenient for an everyday foundation. I layer it over a very light SPF moisturizer, it tends to get quite heavy with thicker ones.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by lurketylurk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have nw15 skin and purchased this in alabaster - it is an excellent match for me. The texture is thick and when you put it on it seems like it will be difficult to blend and heavier coverage but it actually blends like a dream and is quite light. I feel like I'm not wearing any foundation with this on. It does not settle into fine lines or emphasize pores and it lasts all day for me. The only downside to it is the jar packaging - a tube would be much better and more sanitary.