December 22, 2014 | 1251 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Merle Norman - Luxiva Sheer Defense Tinted Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2007 4:10:00 PM More reviews by happy2Bspoiled

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is GREAT! Wonderful for summer! I love to wear it alone and sometimes under the mineral powder. I have been using it more than my foundation. I love the spf 15 that is in it. Saves so much time in the morning. I also use it if I want to run in somewhere and don't want to put on my full face. Best Wishes ladies ~ give it a try!

rated 2 of 5 on 4/1/2007 1:55:00 AM More reviews by unaversal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Bought this TM base on MUA's reviews and here are the pros and cons.

Pros: Nice coverage for a TM. It covered all my red splotches and evened out my complexion. Dark acne scars were still visible. It covered up my pores and made my skin look radiant, natural and clear. My friend said my skin was glowing the first day I wore it. I love what this TM does! It performs really well and I was happy to combine lotion and foundation into 1 step to save time in the morning.

Cons: Mid-morning I could feel a layer of oil and TM on my nose because that's where my skin produces the most oil. I absorbed this with a blotting paper and there was a lot of the color from the TM on the paper. So there goes the coverage.
This also made me break out on the very first and second day. Overall I got 3 new blemishes after using this. This also seemed to irritate an existing pimple and it would not go down. After I stopped using it, the pimple started to heal and subside.

So bottom line: Great product, really delivers and performs. But personally, I would not be buying this again because I don't want to fake clear skin at the expense of my own complexion.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2007 9:16:00 PM More reviews by gabrielasmall

I try becase my skin gets very dry in Chicago's winter and I felt that I need more moisture on my skin... this is very light covarage but makes your skin look natural glowing and even is no oily at all, lets se how works in the summer on my convination skin.. I think is a great product if you dont like look that are you wearing too much make up but you want a even natural glowing skin I love it...!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2007 1:45:00 PM More reviews by tldavis36

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just bought this on Friday and I've worn it everyday since. So far so good. I was having a little trouble with my normal foundation because of the cold weather. So, I needed something with a little more moisture. This is great in that department, and it also has pretty good coverage. I have some hyperpigmentation from old acne, and though this doesn't completely cover it, it does minimize it. No foundation I've tried covers them completely. I think I'd need spackle for that, since I'm pretty fair with dark brown acne spots. Anyway, it seems to be working great and I haven't had any little white heads pop up from using it.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/26/2007 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ginaychen

first of all, i couldn't find a color match. it only comes in 4 shades, and the first two appear to be literally the same to my eyes. i got bare shade, and it looks horribly white on me, but the next shade is apparently too dark for me. worse than that is it broke out the very first time i put it on. had to return it the day after. not a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2007 11:04:00 AM More reviews by suzyQ3

I am VERY HAPPY with this product!! It is a wonderful tinted moisturizer because it is so light that you can't feel it on your face throughout the day, and yet gives me great coverage. It evens out my skin tone, hides my blackheads and fills in my pores so that I look like I naturally have great skin! Also, it gives my skin a healthy, dewy look. It doesn't suck all the moisture out of your face: it is hydrating and goes on smoothly. And, afterwards your face feels smooth and healthy! I know it's expensive for $39/2 oz, but believe me...it lasts for a few months! I bought mine in October and use it almost everyday and it is still full! I should add that the best way to apply this is with a foundation brush: it really does make a difference. You got to try this!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by celiasmom

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

As far as tinted moisturizers are concerned, I never found one I liked. I do like this one however. It is light yet not watery and actually has a bit of coverage. I am a total makeup junkie and I come crawling back to MN every time.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2006 8:07:00 PM More reviews by beauty_diva

This product is so great for light coverage! I have some red blotchyness on my face, this product did well to camoflage it. A little bit of concealer did the trick on scars. Its super light too, like a regular moisteriser. Since my skin is oily, I dust some loose powder on top to get a matte look. Its also oil free so its not going to clog my pores (I hope). I'm somewhat pale and the tan color was great, not too dark, and very believable. My face looks moisterized and glowy. AND it has SPF!!! YAY this has HG written all over it! (a bit expensive, $38, but its fantastic)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2006 4:59:00 PM More reviews by diva959

I bought this based on good reviews on MUA, and I am so glad I did. This is now my HG TM/foundation. Have used this every day for the past three months and still loving it. The coverage is light, but not too sheer, and the Nude shade is just perfect for me (NC20). Never would have found this without reading the reviews here. A little pricey (approx. $45.00 CAN) but totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2006 4:15:00 PM More reviews by IceSkater_JG

This didn't do enough coverage. Maybe I got the wrong color. It seemed to cake over my skin and make it look flaky and gross.