Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap

4.4

Not tested on animals

Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol * CERTIFIED FAIR TRADE INGREDIENTS ** None remains after saponifying oils into soap and glycerin

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Several things here:

(1) I'm glad I read the reviews because I didn't know this was meant to be diluted.

(2) I didn't know it could be used for other purposes than cleansing the skin.

(3) Smells wonderful.

(4) Leaves my skin a bit dry. I really feel the need for my Jergens Original Scent right after this. But perhaps I've been using too much?

(5) Makes the bathtub very slippery!

Wow - this stuff is so cool! Its all natural, comes in a HUGE bottle that since you are supposed to dilute = will last a LONG time, smells lightly of almond and the smell disappears shortly after rinsing/towelling off, easy to find at stores like Target.

I poured about a quarter of the bottle into my empty LARGE pump bottle of Neutrogena's rain bath shower gel, and filled the rest up w/ water. I use on a shower puff in the a.m. Beware - the product is very runny, even w/out diluting, but a little goes a long way. My skin feels soft, smooth and lightly scented (again for only a short period of time) and the product rinses cleanly away!

My only gripe is that I hate the label - so much writing in such tiny letters! :) Makes my eyes feel old!!

I have not used for other things like cleaning or laundry, but as a shower gel/soap - thumbs up all the way!!

I use this for hand and bath soap and I love it. I may have to try it for dishwashing as well. It is lightweight, not too drying (if heavily diluted), and smells divine.

Dr Bronners does not do animal testing, which is an important criteria for all of my cosmetics. Recycling plastic is difficult where I live, but this is clear and #1 PETE which is the easiest. I have not looked elsewhere since I started using this soap.

It smelled pretty good, but I wasn't knocked out by it's performance. I like the lavendar bar better.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Great all-purpose soap. I use it to clean my bathtub and make-up brushes. It lathers well as a body wash and leaves a pleasant almond scent. I'll ALWAYS have a bottle of this on hand. Peppermint is nice too.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I've never really liked the almond scented products I've used before (they just reek of being synthetic), so I was a little nervous about trying this, but it's divine! it smells exactly like these almond biscotti cookies my (italian) great grandmother used to get for me and my cousins. But best of all it's an all natural fragrance! my skin is really sensitive to synthetic fragrances as well as SLS in cleansers, so this works wonderfully for me. I love that the product is also free trade and organic. you can't get any better than that. I prefer to use the lavender and peppermint castile soaps for bath soaks, but I like using this as a body cleanser since I don't find it as drying as the other two (but the baby-mild is the least drying of the Dr. B soaps).

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Dr. Bronner's almond scent is second only in my heart to the peppermint. I love this stuff and have been a Dr. Bronner's user since I was a little girl. I love how far one bottle will go and I particularly love its versatility. I've used it to wash my body, face, hair, mop my floors, clean my counters and wash my bras. Fantastic scent, fantastic value for your money. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Funny story about this soap...I had been using it only as a hand soap undiluted (not good - needs to be diluted). I have the bottle of it sitting by my bathroom sink. One night a couple weeks ago I was using some Sally Hansen facial lightening bleach. Well, either the bleach activator had gone bad or I used too much and the vapors started to burn my face and my eyes (OUCH). In a panic I grabbed the Doc Bronner's to wash the caustic mess on my face off with. 20 minutes later...Smooth, calm skin with no irritation. Woke up the next morning, no blemish, no irritation. I think this may make me reconsider my facial cleanser of choice.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

i LOOOOOOVE THE SMELL! This is way too drying to use everyday for me (cleanser/body wash) so I use it in a pump for hand soap. I love that it's fair trade/organic/biodegradable as I am always seeking enviro-friendly products. If I was going camping I would take this for all my cleaning needs (body/dishes...whatever!). But at home, for my body, I will stick to high quality natural soap from Saltspring Island called Kama Soap (Flowers'n'Spice is HG for me and BF). I would repurchase for hand soap as I love the smell and this stuff is cheap. Dilute, dilute, dilute! As a bonus, who doesn't love the fanatical rantings on the bottle?? Great reading material!

ALL ONE! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok so I heard they went fair trade, and that it's always been organic and I finally caved. It was expensive at 7.99 but I heard that it goes a long way.

Well... yes the aroma is delicious because it's almond all the way, and yes, it's natural. The aroma reminds me of Italian amaretti cookies.

However, about 20-30 minutes after using it in the shower as a shower gel, my arms and back get itchy. It may have to do with the sudsing that's beeing a little too efficient in cleansing my skin.

I have even tried applying one of lush's moisturizing bars just after using this, and before leaving the shower but I just have finally come to the determination that I need something a lot more moisturizing for Chicagoland's harsh winters.