October 21, 2014 | 1269 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Almond Castille Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2008 7:10:00 PM More reviews by fundercat55

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Dr. Bronner's almond scent is second only in my heart to the peppermint. I love this stuff and have been a Dr. Bronner's user since I was a little girl. I love how far one bottle will go and I particularly love its versatility. I've used it to wash my body, face, hair, mop my floors, clean my counters and wash my bras. Fantastic scent, fantastic value for your money. Will continue to repurchase as long as they make it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 3:18:00 PM More reviews by divinemisscopa

Funny story about this soap...I had been using it only as a hand soap undiluted (not good - needs to be diluted). I have the bottle of it sitting by my bathroom sink. One night a couple weeks ago I was using some Sally Hansen facial lightening bleach. Well, either the bleach activator had gone bad or I used too much and the vapors started to burn my face and my eyes (OUCH). In a panic I grabbed the Doc Bronner's to wash the caustic mess on my face off with. 20 minutes later...Smooth, calm skin with no irritation. Woke up the next morning, no blemish, no irritation. I think this may make me reconsider my facial cleanser of choice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOOOOOOVE THE SMELL! This is way too drying to use everyday for me (cleanser/body wash) so I use it in a pump for hand soap. I love that it's fair trade/organic/biodegradable as I am always seeking enviro-friendly products. If I was going camping I would take this for all my cleaning needs (body/dishes...whatever!). But at home, for my body, I will stick to high quality natural soap from Saltspring Island called Kama Soap (Flowers'n'Spice is HG for me and BF). I would repurchase for hand soap as I love the smell and this stuff is cheap. Dilute, dilute, dilute! As a bonus, who doesn't love the fanatical rantings on the bottle?? Great reading material!

ALL ONE! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Jeda21

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ok so I heard they went fair trade, and that it's always been organic and I finally caved. It was expensive at 7.99 but I heard that it goes a long way.

Well... yes the aroma is delicious because it's almond all the way, and yes, it's natural. The aroma reminds me of Italian amaretti cookies.

However, about 20-30 minutes after using it in the shower as a shower gel, my arms and back get itchy. It may have to do with the sudsing that's beeing a little too efficient in cleansing my skin.

I have even tried applying one of lush's moisturizing bars just after using this, and before leaving the shower but I just have finally come to the determination that I need something a lot more moisturizing for Chicagoland's harsh winters.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2007 9:45:00 AM More reviews by rivermom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had wanted to try this forever and finally bought it at the local health store. I have the bottle in my shower and use it on a puff for body, face and shaving. It is wonderful! I have somewhat dry skin (on my face too) and this cleans without drying me out. I was scared to try it on my face, but once I did, I'll never buy a separate face wash again! I want to try it as bubble bath for my daughter, she has eczema and I usually give her an oatmeal bath, but then it gets all clumpy in her hair which is gross. I also would think that since this is natural, I won't have to worry about any urinary issues! I plan to buy more to use for my delicate laundry and cleaning the rest of the house! I wish it came by the gallon. Maybe it does, I haven't looked yet! I plan on using this the rest of my life!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2007 10:36:00 PM More reviews by lm378

I've been having a deeply satisfying love affair with this soap for 6 months. I can't believe it took me 29 years to discover it. All the different scented liquids are great, but I'm partial to the almond. I love the scent, but I also like how it dissipates quickly and doesn't interfere with perfume later on.

I use it on a pouf as a body wash. My skin is super sensitive, especially on my thighs (weird, I know), but Dr. B's causes no irritation whatsoever. I also like to use it once a week as a clarifying shampoo-- it does a great job at removing product buildup, but it IS drying for my hair, so I follow it up with a good leave-in conditioner. It also cleans my makeup brushes well.

Any size bottle is a great value--all you need is a drop or two, and you have tons and tons of suds. Not to mention the fact that you can use it to mop your floors, wash your dishes, and clean most everything else in your house! No harsh chemicals on your body, on your stuff, or down your drain.

My highest recommendation...go buy a bottle today!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2007 9:40:00 PM More reviews by longgoodnight04

I use the mint to wake me up....but I use this scent if I shower at night. It is so relaxing and smells awesome if I uses cocoa butter to moisturize with after showering. It makes me smell like a candy bar.
love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/13/2007 11:49:00 AM More reviews by tampopin

I love the smell of this product. I used this as bodysoap, but somehow this made my arms so itchy...so I wont buy this again. I am using regular soap and my ichy is gone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2007 12:14:00 AM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I started using this as a body wash several years ago, I soon began shaving my legs with it, Then, about a year ago, I started using it as my face wash. Recently, I've started expirmenting with it to cleanse my dry curly hair. I've got to say...it has been the best product for all three jobs. My skin has never been less dry and tight, I use a lot less body lotion and facial moisturizer, and I break out less as well, I don't get bad razor burn the way I used to and my hair is doing great with this as my primary shampoo. I really could not be happier with a product. It's multipurpose, it smells delish, and it's completely natural, good for your body and good for the enviroment. I love Bronners and I sincerely reccomend it to everyone.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2007 11:59:00 PM More reviews by yearoftheliger

I've been using this soap for years and would recommend it to anybody! My boyfriend says it makes me smell like a cupcake. I also use it to hand-wash clothes, and diluted with water in a spray bottle for cleaning around the house. Also, the bottle is a trip. . .