NARS Angelika

4.4

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

another blush that looks absolutely scary in the pan, but gorgeous on the cheeks. rule of thumb - even if it looks scary in the pan, try it! often, the brighter the blush, the more brightening effect it has on the skin. you can start with a little bit and build until it's the intensity you want.

color: cool bubblegum/barbie/babydoll pink with white-gold glitter (glitter, not the fine milled shimmer you'll see in orgasm/deep throat/taj mahal etc.)

texture: finely milled powder, like other NARS powder blushes.

on my neutral-light asian skin (MAC NC15-20/NW20, bobbi brown cool beige) this shows up a perky, colorful, but still natural pink. personally i am not a fan of cool toned colors that have a lot of purple/plum on my cheeks/lips as it tends to suck the life out of me/look as if i have bruised cheeks, but angelika is a true pink on my cheeks, very energetic & pretty. i apply using a MAC 168 angled cheek brush and blend with an ecotools bronzer/kabuki brush if needed. there is glitter but i feel like it just falls off in a couple of hours, and it is not overly glittery/shimmery in the way that super orgasm is glittery.

i alternate amongst angelika, deep throat (peach with gold), orgasm (peachy pink with gold) and cactus flower (coral poppy red with gold), depending on which colors i happen to be wearing that day. generally i like warmer colors but angelika is cool toned without being too purple/plummy on the skin, so i enjoy wearing it.

angelika is particularly gorgeous with cooler pink lip colors and would be lovely on cooler toned, fair-to-medium skin tones. it is more youthful and fun than mata hari (another cool pink from NARS), and not quite as intense as desire (which would be beautiful on cool, medium-to-dark skinned ladies). a must try if you like pink blushes - great lasting power, great texture, and great value.

cheek-lip combo recommendations: angelika with... guerlain rouge g de guerlain - gaela (cool bright pink), chanel rouge coco - rose dentelle (soft cool pink), chanel glossimer - astral (cellophane pink), mica (ballet pink) & wild rose (MLBB rose-pink), clinique long last glosswear - clearly pink (bright clear pink), bamboo pink (silver pink) & kissyfit (berry pink), NARS lipstick - funny face (fuchsia) & schiap (hot shocking pink).

if you liked angelika, you might want to check out: MAC dollymix, bobbi brown pale pink, peony & pink sugar blushes. continued >>

This is a gorgeous, surprisingly natural blush! This looks crazy in the pan, a bubblegum pink with lotsss of sparkle. However, on the cheek it looks actually kind of natural and extremely pretty. I would recommend this to anyone who wants a natural, girly pink.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Angelika looks very intimidating in the pan as I'm not a huge fan of shimmer or glitter. Despite that, I think this is a perfectly useable blush. It's a bright, cool blue-based pink with silver glimmers throughout. Pigmented and blendable. I tap off the excess from my brush and that minimizes the amount of shimmer transferred to my face. Despite being cool toned, it works with my warm skin quite nicely and is fairly buildable. Similar to MAC pink swoon on me but with more depth. I like it but I wish the lasting power was better on the skin, considering the price.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush it's my hg for pink blushes very little goes a long way and stays on just awesome!

1 out of my 5 favorite blushes right now. I used to stay away from these bright colors because I felt like I would look like a clown no matter how light I used it...but the thing with makeup is if you're going to wear it you need to own it! This is now one of my faves, a little goes a long way which is great, but be careful...a heavy hand WILL leave you looking like a clown :)

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

A very intense but beautiful blush. It gives a pretty purply glow to the face, and the shimmer makes it a highlighter also. Also very good pigmentation

I love Angelika! Its a bright cotton candy pink with silver glitter, but the glitter doesnt stay, which kind of sucks. Its so pigmented so you have to be careful not to apply too much. I usually wear nude glossy lips when i wear angelika since this is so bright. NARS blushes last forever but they are kind of expensive. I would buy angelika again (: NW20

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This is a beautiful pink/violet color, its such a pretty cool toned pink. Its very pigmented, I just lightly tap my angled blush brush on the product and lightly sweep it on my cheeks. Gives a healthy flush of color. I like the packaging but took off 1 because of the rubbery finnish on it, witch looks sleek but gets dirty from other makeup really fast, such as powder or foundation. But other wise another great blush by nars! It sort of reminds me of mac's pink swoon but has more violet and much better color due to pink swoon being a sheer tone, u still get wonderful color from it but nothing like nars angelika! Love it!

If you like the colour, the new multiple in the same colour has much less sparkle.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

i never try a shimmer before. And i rare to wear a pink blush on ( i always use coral or peachy) But when i bought this Angelika and use it in my medium skin tone ( i'm asian), i think i'm fall in love.
The Shimmer isn't too bright, not too sparkly. And the pink is soooo girly and pretty ^_^ i like it. And this is so match in my Medium skin tone... Love it!

Top Rated NARS Products