October 21, 2014 | 1866 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Alpha Beta Hydroxy Deep Pore Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2007 10:38:00 PM More reviews by twinmommy36

This review is for Beyond Belief's AHA scrub that is available at Sally's. I love it!!!! It is my favorite scrub and I have tried many, many, many. I use it twice a week, and it has helped keep my skin smooth and clear. My teenage son says it is his favorite too. It is gentle, but slightly drying. Nothing major though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2007 8:29:00 PM More reviews by jamejame

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't really know how to review this scrub. It's very comparable in texture to that overpriced Bliss Sweep that I used to love, and it smells better. I loved using it. That being said - I used it once and broke out on both sides of my nose. At first I thought I'd just been too aggressive, but I haven't used the product in two weeks and the rash is still there. I've left off makeup and only used Cetaphil to cleanse, but it isn't going away - which it normally does when I've been overly aggressive with a product. So I guess I'm headed for the doc Monday. My advice, I guess, would be to use this gently and to a small area the first time, just in case. My skin is pretty sensitive, but I haven't seen this reaction before. A shame, too, because I really liked this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2007 4:36:00 PM More reviews by dorkiexcici

i love this product! i bought 2 and got 1 free at sally beauty store. i just finished up one. it's so gentle and it's actually fading my acne scars (they look like little brown spots) on my forehead. hopefully after i continue using this, it'll be completely gone. but, this isn't great for my cheeks because my cheeks are a lil to sensitive for this.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cmonge

BEST scrub I've ever used!!

The texture is perfectly scrubby -- much like the granules from a generously-applied aspirin mask -- has a slightly astringent feel to it (almost like there's a dash of lemon juice) feel, and smells sooooooooooo good (*subtle* anise scent). This does the job without leaving any residue, isn't overly stripping, and for as scrubby as it is, it's surprisingly gentle! I'm not even finished with my tube of this, yet I feel compelled to repurchase -- just in case it's sold out when I *do* need to buy more. Next time I'm at Sally's, I'll be picking up 2-3 tubes of this, just to be sure I'll always have some on hand.

Last time I was at Sally's, I bought several Beyond Belief products with a "Buy 2 Get 1 Free" coupon from their in-store flyer, and got a Sally's membership card ($5 for a year) and saved even more $$. :D continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2006 6:23:00 PM More reviews by larnann

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is remarkably effective for my skin. I also use the foam cleanser and one of the moisturizers as well, but his deep pore scrub is the bomb.

I am in my late 30s and have oily skin plus some fine lines and all that good stuff that comes along with age. I am sure there are skin care pros out who would wince if they knew how little I spend on this stuff (about $6 a bottle) -- but my dermatologist and a few esties I've seen are under the impression I use a much more expensive line. And the consensus is this: my skin looks great and "don't change what you're doing". OK then! Drs orders!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2006 2:24:00 PM More reviews by ischade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Awesome! Love, love, love it. Super scrubby, nice anise scent and it left my skin beautifully soft. On a side note, my skin is so NOT sensitive that it's practically bullet-proof so not sure how this would do on really sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/5/2006 3:54:00 PM More reviews by kizbit

This stuff is the BEST! Very fine grained, but gets the job done! Can't rave enough about it. Want to buy more before I'm even finished with my first tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2006 2:45:00 PM More reviews by lovecosmetics

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I Love this scrub! It has just enough roughness to scrub away the flaky skin and leaves my face soft and clean. I haven't had any breakouts or buring eyes from it. I'll definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2006 11:12:00 AM More reviews by yojim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So far, this is the best scrub (tied with the other Beyond Belief scrub) I've tried for my oily, yet flakey, acne-prone, sensitive skin. It gets rid of all the flaky skin tretinoin leaves behind without irritating at all and it leaves my skin so incredibly soft. Most importantly, it does not break me out or making my facelook red. And the price can't be beat at less than $6.00. It even has a nice smell and the packaging is not wasteful. The only draw back is that it is very difficult to find in my area. I called 4 different Sally's before finding a store that had it in stock.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2006 3:04:00 PM More reviews by bibliophile

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This scrub is pretty good for the money. It consists of fine scrub particles in some sort of cream base, in a tube. It is not my favorite scrub of all time (I feel it needs more scrub particles) but it is still quite good. I like the subtle, upscale licorice smell. This scrub works best when my skin is dry or nearly dry. If you are looking for something a cut above most lower-end Wal-Mart / Target fare, but can't or don't want to spend big $$, this is a very good bet. Available at Sally Beauty for $6.99, but sometimes on sale for $5.50.