The Body Shop Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

3.1

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Cyclomethicone, Glycerin, Phenoxyethanol, Coco-Glucoside, Carbomer, Algae Extract, Benzyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Extract, Sodium Hydroxide, Dimethicone, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Propylparaben.

Removes eye makeup quite easily, I don't have to rub much at all. Eyes feel a little dry afterwards, but nothing too bad.

on 1/16/2012 2:21:00 PM

Ugh I absolutely hated this product. A lot of my friends and fellow MUAs seemed to love this so I gave it a shot. Terrible. I would soak a cotton pad and let it sit on my eyes for a bit before gently swiping. Only the tiniest bit of eyeshadow removed. After way too many swipes, then my eyeshadow would be finally off but when it came to eyeliner and mascara, oh boy. I had to literally scrub at my poor eyes to get my makeup off leaving them feeling raw, irritated, and dry. I could get the job done a lot faster and cheaper with regular body lotion (I like Vaseline's body lotions) or my HG Clean and Clear dual-phase eye makeup remover.

on 1/1/2012 3:06:00 PM

This is my favorite eye makeup remover, have used it for years. I like it because it is non-oily, so it never leaves that oily film in my eyes afterwards, but it removes eye makeup immediately, with no scrubbing or tugging. Every time I try a different type of eye makeup remover (including the popular Lancome one), I find I have to scrub and tug a little to get the makeup off, and I'm often left with some oily residue in the eye. I'm only giving it 4 stars because it does leave the eye area feeling a little dry afterwards... but I guess thats because there are no oils in it.

on 12/20/2011 5:27:00 AM

Love this. It is very gentle for the eye area. I don't even need to wipe, just place the cotton pad with this on the eye area, my eye make up will get dissolved.

on 11/30/2011 1:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love this as a make up remover. It is now a staple in my bag. I love it better then those ones where you have to shake. Love it better then albacore. It leaves no greassiness. I have had about three eye surgeries within a year and this has been so gentle and takes the make up off completely.

on 10/22/2011 10:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I feel like such an idiot! It wasn't until I started reading some of the negative comments that I realized that this is actually a HORRIBLE make up remover!

It stings, and I thought that that was just the way make up removers were! I thought that the trade off of using a non-oily make up remover was stinging. I realize now that I deserve better, especially for what I'm paying for it!

Besides the stinging, it is not effective! I'd have to spend 5 minutes rubbing my eyes with this harsh stuff to end up with racoon eyes.

SIGH - thus beginith my search for a new eye make up remover!

on 9/8/2011 2:45:00 AM

I gave this a 3 because I think its an average product.

Pros:
- It takes off eye makeup quite well and quickly
- The price is very reasonable for the amount that you receive. I think this will last me a while.

Cons:
- I find my eyes to be a bit dry right after it. The consistency of this product is in liquid form (not a gel, nor oil-based) which may explain the dryness.
- I don't find it to be gentle at all. I don't have to rub it in my eyes but it doesn't leave a clean, moisturized feel afterwards. I actually feel like I need to rinse my eyes after using this.
- This stung my eyes a little when it got into my eye. It wasn't a sharp stinging but it hurt and my eyes watered for 5-10 seconds
- This isn't a natural product at all despite the name suggesting Chamomille. This is my BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT with this product. I thought The Body Shop sourced natural ingredients but when you look at the ingredient list, you will see that are some bad ingredients in it. Very disappointing and misleading I think

Despite giving this a 3 (because of its effectiveness and price) I definitely will not re-purchase this at all. There are many makeup removers out there that offer more at the same reasonable price point I think.

UPDATE: I took off 1 lippie (for a total of 2 lippies). Found this does NOT take off certain waterproof mascaras. Pretty disappointing.

on 7/31/2011 4:50:00 PM

I find this to be very gentle, and very good at getting off all my eye makeup. It is all natural, and very reasonably priced.

on 7/31/2011 4:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I found this very irritating, it stings, but I do have very sensitive skin. It took off my makeup, but I think the oil based ones do the trick faster and more efficiently.

on 7/9/2011 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Best eye makeup remover ever! I use the liquid one and I apply it on a cotton pad (1 for each eye) and it's great at wiping my usual eye makeup (concealer, corrector, eyeliner). It's definitely not oily, not smelly, and doesn't need any rinsing afterwards. You may need to wipe the area more than once if you have heavy eye makeup on. Even after removing all of my eye makeup, mascara or eyeliner will still run after a shower or washing my face but that's something that'll happen no matter what eye makeup remover you use, IMO.

The only good thing about the packaging is its large size, which makes it last about 1-2 months with me. It's a shame there's no travel size. I have to wrap the lid in tape, then wrap the bottle in a plastic bag then tape it again and then put it in my makeup bag in my suitcase...what a hassle! Another thing that's annoying about this is the cap. Sometimes, with handling, it goes wonky and snaps which hurts my fingers/nails (no serious injuries) but it's worth it for the stuff this product does.