December 19, 2014 | 1614 users online

Fragrances - Elizabeth Arden - Britney Spears - Curious

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by BeautyQueenOfTheScene21

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm surprised the reviews are so mixed. I for one, love this perfume. I hate the floral perfumes that are sooo floral it's old-grandma perfume & I hate the really musky ones that make you seem masculine & I hate the baby powder ones. It's just ugh. This is perfect though. It's like a mix of rain and a little garden. My boyfriend loves it also, I wear it a lot on dates or around the house when I want to feel pretty that day.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by tangomango

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

There is a certain stigma with celebrity perfumes, especially with those targeted towards a younger audience, that prompts people to turn away from them. This was a popular perfume back in the day, and consequently is instantly recognizable by many girls. Curious was the first perfume I bought ever, when I was in high school, and I have repurchased a larger size since then. The fragrance is not juvenile in any sense. It is very floral, and had it been released by a major designer house, it would be tagged as sophisticated and demure.Many of my friends have called it "surprisingly good", and many guys have repeatedly informed me that my perfume smelled really good when I was wearing this scent.

The scent's description is accurate. It's a light floral that dries down to be subtle, and I like the hints of magnolia and tuberose. Staying power is decent, and even if it fades down, you can still kind of notice it. I usually use 2 sprays total each time, but it is not overwhelming to use more sprays as the perfume itself is not too strong.

Perfume reviews are subjective, but this is a good, inexpensive fragrance, and an enjoyable everyday scent. Definitely don't let the marketing deter you from trying it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/15/2011 8:29:00 PM More reviews by kabanger

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

It smells ok but I liked it a lot better the first time I used it. It smells kind of like rain I don't know how else to explain it but it's a little masculine and I probably wouldn't buy it again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by FinnyB

If this perfume was by Versace, Gucci, Dior or Armani I would bet my life savings it would be a LOT more popular with an older crowd.
I've been wearing this perfume since it came out in 2004 and despite having a shelf full of perfumes by all of the above this aloways falls back into my day to day perfume. Boyfriends from years ago still say if they ever smell it on someone it'll remind them of me. It's very unique, there's no other perfume that smells even similar to this.
It's light and fruity with vanilla musky undertones, it smells of happiness :) It smells original, fun, fresh, clean, spontanious, active but not sporty. If you could smell the sound of someone laughing a carefree happy beautiful laugh, this would be the smell.
Don't be put off by the name, the bottle (which I happen to love) or the idea that it's very sweet. This is something unlike all others and since having my baby I have tried time and time again to get something more mature but this always comes back to me.
If I could rename it, I would call it Freespirit.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2011 11:11:00 PM More reviews by nataleighh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I simply adore this fragrance! It's light and fruity while still smelling very clean and fresh--it's suitable for work or for going out. A few spritzes last all day for me, which is more than I can say for other perfumes in its price bracket, which is on the lower end of what I've come to expect for fragrances. It comes in a few different sizes, and I've never had a problem with it "turning sour" or anything of the sort! The packaging is an added bonus--it's so cute!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 5:17:00 PM More reviews by gabrielleb17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Here we are again....on the never ending quest for the perfect signature fragrance. Recently decided it was time to make the transition from sugary gourmet scents to something a little more clean and sophisticated. Knew that I wanted something to *compliment* the gardenia lotion I use on a daily basis so started my search from there. Narrowed it down to Marc Jacobs Daisy, Kim Kardashian's first fragrance, and this one. Daisy was delicious but a little out of my price range, K/K was entirely overwhelming...rarely do I get headaches in general, let alone a scent induced one but this hit a nerve somewhere. Wore it around the outlet mall long enough to realize this and was just about to leave, feeling slight defeat before remembering there was a THIRD one on my list to test.

Perfection. Beautiful, clean & sophisticated. Jasmine and the slightest hint of sweet pear to take the edge off. I think the fact that it's celeb endorsed has robbed if of the credit it truly deserves for its elegance and although many of us make personal associations with memories of "high school" or "tween years" from when we remember it's initial release, and most likely the peak of its popularity, its not necessarily the most appropriate age group to classify this fragrance in to. It's by far the most mature BS fragrance & frankly, I'm in love.

12 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2011 12:08:00 PM More reviews by Victorialanette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is my overall favorite perfume. I have so many memories connected with this scent. It smells lovely and i hope it never ever discontinues. The only problem ive ever had was with the big bottle it would get perfume dried up in the spray thing and that was just hard to get off amd get it working properly again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 10:47:00 AM More reviews by garstrieper

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got a rollerball version of this in my Christmas stocking in 9th grade, and didn't hate it. It's very very sweet and vanilla and caramel-y. I would never buy this for myself, but it was a guilty pleasure and I'd be lying if I said it wasn't my favorite that year.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/30/2011 8:45:00 PM More reviews by beautyluv11

This is one of my absolute favourite scents. It smells sweet like vanilla and the bottle is super pretty.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2011 6:25:00 PM More reviews by kasiecakes

I bought the 1oz bottle from Ross today, and MAN am I glad I only paid 13 bucks for it. This smells like overly sweet magnolias and old lady. The bottle is gorgeous with the cute pink charms and the diamond shape, but I just can't stand the headache that comes with this scent. I've heard about the perfume rotting before but it seems mine is still fresh. It looks clear and the bottle is still very blue. Unfortunately, the smell is bad either way. Two thumbs way way down.