LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 11/13/2011 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I've almost never been without a stock of Flying Fox since it first came out. I love it so much. I don't use it often, it's not really an everyday bath gel. But for days when I have cobwebs in my mind, or my body just took a beating, or when I am on vacation and relaxing, this is THE luxury to which I come back to again and again. It is jasmine through and through; the smell is quite strong and will last, which is why I love it.

yuck. (this is the LUST soap/Godiva shampoo scent.. which i was briefly OBSESSED with! ..) i'm over it. choking, cloying granny scent.

on 8/19/2011 3:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have the small 100mL version that came with their Honey Farm gift set. I like jasmine scents, but this was a bit too strong and became a little nauseating. Luckily, the scent doesn't linger after showering so I didn't have to put up with the smell. It doesn't have the best lather in my opinion and wasn't drying on my skin. Formula is a little runny so spills out of hand alot quicker. If your not a fan of strong jasmine scents then you might find this a bit over-whelming.

on 7/29/2011 5:25:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

hahahahaha its actually funny that people like this smell. Im not being mean but I had to make my friend smell this after she saw the reaction me and my other friend had when smelling this. This is the most disgusting/repelling/atrotious smell i have EVER smellt along with my 2 other friends and my sister who smelt it. I cant even discribe it. If you would bath in pepper and tea tree oil and uhm maybe like swamp water. then you would love this. I have NO idea how people could shower in this. Thats just gross really...

on 3/19/2011 10:44:00 PM

I love this shower gel so much. I bought it on the recommendation of Elle Fowler's youtube channel as well as Lollipop26's recommendations. This product is awesome for a variety of reasons. First off, it is a really quality shower gel that is cruelty free, predominantly natural ( there is sodium lauryl sulfate in it and it thus does suds excessively), hand made, and fairly sourced. Second, the scent is phenomenal. When I first smelled it in the bottle, I was hesitant. However, out of the bottle, on your sponge and with water, the scent is wonderful. However, you will only think the smell is wonderful if you like jasmine and if you like essential oils. If you like mainstream scents and products (think Bath & Body works or Herbal Essence), this probably is not for you. If you like naturally perfumed, heavily floral products, then Flying Fox is for you.

on 2/25/2011 10:46:00 AM

amazing product! very good for dry skin, even no need body butter then.let my skins soft and smooth.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

to me, this is very similar to one of my favourite Lush shower gels: The olive branch because it is very sweet and smokey.
i only recently have been getting into the scent of Jasmine and i must say, i ADORE this. it a sweet, smokey, incensey honey jasmine and it keeps my skin (and bathroom) smelling of it for hours. i use this when i want to relax and cheer up and it really helps. i really love these kinds of products because to me, it's more than a nice flavour but is also aromatherapy.
this is becoming one of my favourite Lush products and i would definitely buy again!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I was in the mall once when LUSH had a special event. I bought a few goodies and received a free goodie bag! One of the items was called Flying Fox shower gel. I absolutely love shower gels and use them all over my body. But, this scent and lather is disgusting to me. After I used it once, I just tossed it to my mom to use. I prefer other scents. I will not buy this.

on 2/9/2011 8:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just read the reviews after posting, oops. Many share the same view on mothballs.

I got a sample of Flying Fox, so please disregard price and packaging. I just have to ask, does anyone else think this reeks of mothballs? I tried it and it did soften my skin, but the smell afterwards...holy....

I purchased the Godiva hair puck not too long ago and used it twice, when all of a sudden *poof* is stunk like mothballs. I recently learned Flying Fox and Godiva are the same scent, so that explains the bizarre mothball-y thing going on. I'm not alone, my husband, friends, sister and mom all agree it stinks. Is it the humidity in the south or is that just what jasmine smells like? A scent that for some, is great and for others is mothball central? Odd...

on 12/29/2010 1:41:00 PM

Yummmmmm. This is def. one of those smells you either love or you hate...I love it, can't get enough. If this is too strong for you try the alkmaar soap! it is slightly milder..more vanilla-y but still jasmine. This doesnt make my skin any drier or softer, just clean.

Popular Gels/Soaps