October 2, 2014 | 1274 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Flying Fox Shower Gel

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I have the small 100mL version that came with their Honey Farm gift set. I like jasmine scents, but this was a bit too strong and became a little nauseating. Luckily, the scent doesn't linger after showering so I didn't have to put up with the smell. It doesn't have the best lather in my opinion and wasn't drying on my skin. Formula is a little runny so spills out of hand alot quicker. If your not a fan of strong jasmine scents then you might find this a bit over-whelming.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2011 5:25:00 PM More reviews by AlyssaJD

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

hahahahaha its actually funny that people like this smell. Im not being mean but I had to make my friend smell this after she saw the reaction me and my other friend had when smelling this. This is the most disgusting/repelling/atrotious smell i have EVER smellt along with my 2 other friends and my sister who smelt it. I cant even discribe it. If you would bath in pepper and tea tree oil and uhm maybe like swamp water. then you would love this. I have NO idea how people could shower in this. Thats just gross really...

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 10:44:00 PM More reviews by jezebeljunk

I love this shower gel so much. I bought it on the recommendation of Elle Fowler's youtube channel as well as Lollipop26's recommendations. This product is awesome for a variety of reasons. First off, it is a really quality shower gel that is cruelty free, predominantly natural ( there is sodium lauryl sulfate in it and it thus does suds excessively), hand made, and fairly sourced. Second, the scent is phenomenal. When I first smelled it in the bottle, I was hesitant. However, out of the bottle, on your sponge and with water, the scent is wonderful. However, you will only think the smell is wonderful if you like jasmine and if you like essential oils. If you like mainstream scents and products (think Bath & Body works or Herbal Essence), this probably is not for you. If you like naturally perfumed, heavily floral products, then Flying Fox is for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/25/2011 10:46:00 AM More reviews by siyi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

amazing product! very good for dry skin, even no need body butter then.let my skins soft and smooth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2011 8:37:00 AM More reviews by curlywurly100

to me, this is very similar to one of my favourite Lush shower gels: The olive branch because it is very sweet and smokey.
i only recently have been getting into the scent of Jasmine and i must say, i ADORE this. it a sweet, smokey, incensey honey jasmine and it keeps my skin (and bathroom) smelling of it for hours. i use this when i want to relax and cheer up and it really helps. i really love these kinds of products because to me, it's more than a nice flavour but is also aromatherapy.
this is becoming one of my favourite Lush products and i would definitely buy again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 11:16:00 PM More reviews by sammycansing01

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was in the mall once when LUSH had a special event. I bought a few goodies and received a free goodie bag! One of the items was called Flying Fox shower gel. I absolutely love shower gels and use them all over my body. But, this scent and lather is disgusting to me. After I used it once, I just tossed it to my mom to use. I prefer other scents. I will not buy this.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/9/2011 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Listerine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just read the reviews after posting, oops. Many share the same view on mothballs.

I got a sample of Flying Fox, so please disregard price and packaging. I just have to ask, does anyone else think this reeks of mothballs? I tried it and it did soften my skin, but the smell afterwards...holy....

I purchased the Godiva hair puck not too long ago and used it twice, when all of a sudden *poof* is stunk like mothballs. I recently learned Flying Fox and Godiva are the same scent, so that explains the bizarre mothball-y thing going on. I'm not alone, my husband, friends, sister and mom all agree it stinks. Is it the humidity in the south or is that just what jasmine smells like? A scent that for some, is great and for others is mothball central? Odd...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2010 1:41:00 PM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Yummmmmm. This is def. one of those smells you either love or you hate...I love it, can't get enough. If this is too strong for you try the alkmaar soap! it is slightly milder..more vanilla-y but still jasmine. This doesnt make my skin any drier or softer, just clean.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2010 6:39:00 PM More reviews by xxaceswildxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

First off - you HAVE to love a lot of Jasmine to like this product plain and simple.

Upon first sniff in Lush, I wasn't a fan of Flying Fox Shower Gel. I purchased something else instead, but left that day with Godiva shampoo puck not so much for the scent but because it was recommended for my hair type.

Godiva grew on me. I liked the scent and the lasting power the scent had in my hair. At the time I wasn't aware Flying Fox was the identical scent. When I returned to Lush I asked about a complimenting scent to Godiva and Flying Fox was suggested. This time I liked it a bit more and purchased it.

The staying power of the scent on my skin is amazing. SOme days I can skip perfume altogether and the scent from the shower gel and my hair combined is enough so people do think I'm wearing a little perfume (not an overpowering, eye watering scent, you actually have to be fairly close to smell it).

My skin is soft and I smell great and get compliments on it from my coworkers and friends. I have since purchased Lust solid perfume (again same scent!) to go with them as well.

This really is a love it or hate it scent - but I personally love it

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2010 2:03:00 PM More reviews by vdudes

Flying Fox shower gel is wicked if you like soft skin and jasmine. The scent is strong but I find it works to wake me up if I am showering in the morning and relax or calm me if I am showering at night. The scent truly stays on my skin for hours and hours lightly though (I am still able to wear perfume without smelling too strong). There is a large amount of Jasmine in Flying Fox which is an aphrodisiac, and is therefore great to use before a hot date, and the scent also works to calm PMS (for all the boys with girlfriends reading this). There are 5 types of honey in Flying Fox which work to leave you skin silky-smooth and moisturized after using it. The only reason why I gave it a rating of 4 is that, since the scent is very strong, there are times in which I skip over it in the shower and use something softer in scent. Other than that... Flying Fox is where it's at!