October 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Hair - The Body Shop - Grape seed glossing serum

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2010 4:14:00 PM More reviews by Anne3

This product is an excellent blend of silicones to add shine, and natural oils, like jojoba, to add conditioning. I use one pump on my ear-length thick brunette bob to add some extra shine and protection from the elements. As other reviewers mentioned, using too much leads to greasiness, thanks to the oils in the ingredients. Overall, I think the natural ingredients in this serum make it stand out compared to the competition, which is usually just a silicone formula without any extras.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 6:38:00 PM More reviews by ohsolovely24

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My hair is REALLY thin and straight and this has the tendency to make it look greasy. So I need to really watch how much I put on my hair to avoid that. I don't know if this improves my hair condition, but it's good as a quick fix for my dry ends. A little goes a long way for me since my hair is medium-length and I only apply once a day.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2010 12:37:00 PM More reviews by cepauloar

I have mixed feelings about this product. I really thought I was going to love it but I think I'm a little biased due to my experience with the shampoos and conditioner from TBS. I do like the product and it does work but I agree with a reviewer about the difficulty to spread this product evenly. And it does look a little greasy too. The thing is that I need a serum that gives me more protection against heat. I don't have frizz issues and my hair is usually healthy, soft and shiny. My only problem is that my hair is too long (down to my waist) and thin so I need a little more from a serum. It's a good product but I don't think it's right for me (I love the smell btw).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 6:42:00 PM More reviews by shyred05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The best hair serum EVER! Just 2 pumps after getting out of the shower (before styling) are enough to make my hair look healthy and gorgeously shiny! $10 well spent since a bottle lasts me a long time. I'm keeping this a secret outside MUA. lol

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

Ohh, this is the lightest hair serum. Makes my hair shines and moisture it without adding any weight to my fine hair. I just did hair extension, so this is really life saver for my extended hair. I apply this baby 3 times per day, my hair is still as light as feather. I will buy this serum again and again, cos it works like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to swear by this product, which was perfect for my dry locks. I would apply a small amount on my hair while it was still wet and let it dry naturally. Result: my hair was visibly shinier!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I love, love this stuff so much. It feels absolutely amazing on my hair, and the grape seed oil really makes it shine. I like how light weight it is, most serums weigh my fine hair down. I first tried it a few years ago, then my mom got a hold of my bottle and loved it but found it a tad expensive- and at $12 for 2oz, I have to agree that it's a bit overpriced.
The smoothing sensation is almost identical to Biosilk (which, if you buy the large bottle, is slightly cheaper than this serum) but Biosilk doesn't give nearly the shine that this product does.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by wedrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was encouraged to try the Grapeseed Glossing Serum from The Body Shop by a fellow co-worker. I had noticed how shiny her hair was, and as my hair is on the dull side of the spectrum, I wanted to know her secret. I have long, wavy, fine & dry, brown hair and adding shine has always been a problem for me.

So I tried a sample of the GGS and absolutely fell in love with the product. The oil adds instant shine to my hair, and is dispensed in a simple, dime-sized drop. For me, since I have a wild mane of hair, it takes a few drops, yet, it makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. My hair is not left feeling greasy or too oily. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mrak

I bought this glossing serum ages ago but just recently started to use it as I am blow drying my hair more often now. I got a short cut about 2 months ago that looks best when blow dried and I had noticed that my hair was feeling dry and coarse. I dug out this product and started to apply 1.5 pumps to my chin length hair after towel drying. It has left my hair incredibly soft and silky feeling and shinier as well. I have not tried it on dry hair because it is packaged as a pump, so the product comes out as a dime sized drop and I am worried about it looking greasy, but worked through damp hair it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this serum as I have fine hair and it is not as greasy as many other serums. Whats more, it contains natural oils in it not only silicons that other serums do - so it doesnt only make your hair glossy when you apply it, it also makes it healthier. The smell is really pleasant although i usually dont like citrusy smells.