April 19, 2014 | 1599 users online

Hair - The Body Shop - Grape seed glossing serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2010 10:45:00 AM More reviews by stefie2104

Ohh, this is the lightest hair serum. Makes my hair shines and moisture it without adding any weight to my fine hair. I just did hair extension, so this is really life saver for my extended hair. I apply this baby 3 times per day, my hair is still as light as feather. I will buy this serum again and again, cos it works like a dream.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/20/2010 8:57:00 PM More reviews by GoodGala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used to swear by this product, which was perfect for my dry locks. I would apply a small amount on my hair while it was still wet and let it dry naturally. Result: my hair was visibly shinier!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by KaiserMimiVII

I love, love this stuff so much. It feels absolutely amazing on my hair, and the grape seed oil really makes it shine. I like how light weight it is, most serums weigh my fine hair down. I first tried it a few years ago, then my mom got a hold of my bottle and loved it but found it a tad expensive- and at $12 for 2oz, I have to agree that it's a bit overpriced.
The smoothing sensation is almost identical to Biosilk (which, if you buy the large bottle, is slightly cheaper than this serum) but Biosilk doesn't give nearly the shine that this product does.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/5/2010 12:19:00 AM More reviews by wedrose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was encouraged to try the Grapeseed Glossing Serum from The Body Shop by a fellow co-worker. I had noticed how shiny her hair was, and as my hair is on the dull side of the spectrum, I wanted to know her secret. I have long, wavy, fine & dry, brown hair and adding shine has always been a problem for me.

So I tried a sample of the GGS and absolutely fell in love with the product. The oil adds instant shine to my hair, and is dispensed in a simple, dime-sized drop. For me, since I have a wild mane of hair, it takes a few drops, yet, it makes my hair shiny and healthy looking. My hair is not left feeling greasy or too oily. I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2008 4:41:00 PM More reviews by mrak

I bought this glossing serum ages ago but just recently started to use it as I am blow drying my hair more often now. I got a short cut about 2 months ago that looks best when blow dried and I had noticed that my hair was feeling dry and coarse. I dug out this product and started to apply 1.5 pumps to my chin length hair after towel drying. It has left my hair incredibly soft and silky feeling and shinier as well. I have not tried it on dry hair because it is packaged as a pump, so the product comes out as a dime sized drop and I am worried about it looking greasy, but worked through damp hair it works very well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2008 3:33:00 PM More reviews by Candy_Floss

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like this serum as I have fine hair and it is not as greasy as many other serums. Whats more, it contains natural oils in it not only silicons that other serums do - so it doesnt only make your hair glossy when you apply it, it also makes it healthier. The smell is really pleasant although i usually dont like citrusy smells.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2008 1:58:00 AM More reviews by lil_pie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The nature of this serum makes it hard to spread evenly. The point at which the serum first makes contact with your hair will give it tendency to look greasy. A little goes a long way, but of course this makes it easy to overdo. This did soften my hair, and gave it shine, but I did not love the smell :(

I haven't tried many (well, actually this is my first serum), so I can't compare, will update later when I have. But I would not say this has HG potential.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 10:58:00 AM More reviews by sharr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i love this serum! it makes my hair look glossy and healthy! =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2008 3:48:00 AM More reviews by fqari84

this is a great product that works wonders on my long color treated/damaged hair, it controls frizz effectively and leaves my long, wavy hair looking smoother, glossier and smelling absolutely divine (like luscious grapes)!!
my scalp tends to get oily so I only rub this serum on the outer layer of my hair, and especially on the ends. the ppl around me can't seem to get their noses off my hair after I've rubbed this on, LOL! the effects of the serum and the scent also stays on your hair for hours...will keep repurchasing this and I hope they never discontinue this marvelous product. this product also lasts, because you don't need to use too much of it, mine lasted me for a little less than a year....i also hardly use any styling products on my hair, I hardly even use a hair dryer...it's just shampoo, conditioner, some natural air drying, and this baby right here.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by midnight_plue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

love the smell.
non greasy once applied.
makes my hair smooth n soft, and less frizzy.
hair also tangles much lesser.
a must buy during their sales!