November 24, 2014 | 990 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/13/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by sindoodoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Back in the day, I had a potion-shaped tube of this stuff. More recently, I got a sample with my Naked palette. Happily, it took a while to run through the original UDPP. Eyeshadow primer is great because it makes eyeshadow more vibrant and last longer. That being said, it is not a miracle worker, especially for the dark-skinned, in terms of vibrancy of eyeshadows. I also use NYX Milk on top of UDPP to make the pigment stand out even more. The stickiness of the UDPP is not enough on its own for me.

I probably will not buy this anytime soon, because I still have to get through the other samples and a small tube of UDPP in Sin.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by xokatana

I love this eye shadow primer but after you apply it try putting a MAC paint pot on top before your eye shadow as a base. It really helps the shadow to show up more pigmented and last all day and night. My favorites are painterly and soft ochre due to them both being neutral on me which makes it easy to wear any variation of colors on top.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/6/2014 8:31:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict6

Very good product. Does what it claims.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/5/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by UrbanFacedMacnamedNYX

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this primer. I have to use additional primers but I have really oily eyelids.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2014 6:44:00 PM More reviews by valentinacaroline

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This potion changed my whole opinions on how I look at eyeshadows... i used to hate them, no but really really hate them, i used to refuse to wear any kind of shadow on my lids...
When i went to Sephora one girl working their asked me if i knew about the URBAN DECAY primer potion and i told her no, she made me try it and told me to add a little eye shadow on top and to come back to her in 4 hours... so i did...
(4 hours later) i came back into the store and she saw me and walked over to me and told me to look at my eyelids and i did, i was amazed that the shadow was still on fully, no fallouts, just a perfect eyelid (like i just put on some shadow) this product truly changed my opinion on how i look and shadows! so the girl told me if i was satisfied and i told her i was 100% satisfied, i bought this product and since then i have bought over 6 bottles! if i had to spend my money on a makeup product BELIEVE ME AND TRUST ME THIS WOULD BE THE PRODUCT I WOULD SPEND MY MONEY ON !!!

Another amazing product by URBAN DECAY.. gotta love em <3

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2014 11:37:00 AM More reviews by thatbarrelracer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

First off, let me tell you, I have oily eyelids. When I say that, I mean I can put on a Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadow, and it wears off in about four hours if even that. So there you go.

I ordered this online in December of 2012, I am just now a little over halfway out in fall if 2014. This product is absolutely amazing. I can wear ANY EYESHADOW I want with this. Cream, or powder. It's amazing. It's a little pricey at around thirty dollars for a tube, but this has lasted me almost two years. I know for sure I can make it until Christmas until I can get another tube of it. Go to sephora or ulta and buy this now. Don't walk, RUN.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2014 5:58:00 AM More reviews by hypnose01

Very good and stable product, this great product preps the skin for eyeshdadow

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by taylormcgrath17

I love this product! Definitely recommend for eyeshadow lovers!! The packaging is adorable as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2014 7:01:00 PM More reviews by Josiiee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I have extremely oily eyelids. Eyeliner will not last more than 2 hours on me, nor will eyeshadow and mascara. I would always be frustrated if I looked in a washroom mirror because all my hard work would literally disintegrate off of my eyelids before noon.

So I decided to try out this, because the girl at Sephora recommended it to me. Price wise, it's a bit expensive, I'm still a student and I find that $15 for a beauty product is already pushing my limits. I think I paid around $27 CAD (including tax) for it, but honestly the tube feels like it's lasting forever for me. If you're a girl that struggles to keep your eye makeup on, this is a great product.

The packaging is ultra lovely, super hygienic and I feel that with a squeeze tube, you can get all the product out. Unlike the older wand type packaging, I heard that you would have to cut open the tube and extract all the stuff out.

The actual product is awesome! It's very creamy and easy to apply on the eyelids, and is literally invisible once it's on. It really makes your eyeshadow stick on, although nearing the end of the day, it did start to crease on me a bit. I also noticed that when I would squeeze out some of the product, I would get this really oily liquid coming out with the primer. Did this happen to anyone else?

Other than that, it's a great product, highly recommend for oily lids.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2014 6:39:00 PM More reviews by aberg1991

I want to make it clear that I am not someone who ONLY has prestige, expensive items in my makeup bin. I am a firm believer that there are a lot of quality products out there, and not all of them are expensive. I use plenty of drug store items. You don't need to fork out money on every single category of makeup to have an excellent makeup routine that lasts and to remain satisfied with how it all looks. So I've tried a lot of products out there, and this is by far my favorite eye primer so I don't have a problem coughing up the cash for it. For me, it's worth it. been using the Primer Potion for about six months now, so I've used it in a lot of different situations. Let me tell you, this stuff is like glue. I put on my eye shadow in the morning, and it's still perfect by the time I take it all off that night. When I use it for heavier eye shadow when I go out or for a special occasion, my makeup still looks great after lots of dancing and hot, stuffy bars. I got a free mini bottle when I purchased the original Naked palette which is how I started using it, and I just purchased a big bottle of it last weekend when I ran out of the mini. Yes, this stuff is spendy, but it's so worth it and it lasts a super long time. The mini bottle lasted me six months! I am not, however, someone who uses it every single day though. So it may last someone who wears a lot of eye shadow less than it lasted me. It also is a rarity for me to make it aallllll the way through an entire product. I usually get bored or end up not liking it and throw it away before it's all gone...well I used this one all up! That's now I know that I really love it. I would recommend this to anyone who is having a hard time finding a primer that works or if their current product is causing creasing. I think it's worth it to at least try this stuff.