LUSH Seanik

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Perfume, Nori Seaweed (Algae), Fine Sea Salt, Lemon Oil (Citrus limonum), Mimosa Absolute (Acacia decurrens), Orange Blossom Absolute (Citrus aurantium amara), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Cocamide DEA, *Limonene, Colour 42045 *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 11/11/2012 8:03:00 AM

My favorite solid shampoo bar from Lush! I absolutely love the scent, makes lots of foam and dried the hair because my hair is kind of greasy.

on 10/29/2012 6:24:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

agreed with the person below, they use sodium laureth sulphate when they could have used lauryl (or the other way around?? theres one that is more gentle, the sulcate-free one)
it feels like i have used a clarifying shampoo and itsnt moisturising at all. The girl told me it would be mildly moisturising but it isn't, im guessing from the harsh sulphate content.
It smells so lovely and is blue with little seaweed bits in there.
it volumises my hair because it is so drying. I have dry ends, oily scalp so it doesnt help with my dry end situation. even if i condition with a heavy conditioner, theres no nice, shiny, slippery, moistursed feeling. I wouldnt purchase this one again, i would rather purchase another solid shampoo. its a cute little invention.
$13.95AUD for the puck.

on 10/26/2012 4:41:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool

Why Lush does not start using milder sulphates like Sodium Laureth Sulphate instead of Sodium Laurel Sulphate (much, much harsher) is beyond me.

Pros:
Great Scent
Economical and ecological.

Cons:
Drying, color stripping shampoo. If you want to de grease your driveway, give it a shot. For those with oily and non-color treated hair this would work.

on 10/26/2012 2:05:00 PM

After trying 80% of Lush's shampoo and thought i should give up, i fineally found the one that doesn't dry out my hair, the sale lady reccomend it to me along with the ultimate shine, i desiceded to go with it because so far sea weed seems to be give nice affect to my skin, and face, i tought maybe it would on the hair as well :).
the smell is nice and subtle, my waves are looks great after that, and it defintly give more body and healty look.
Just love it!

on 10/17/2012 10:26:00 PM

My hair: fairly normal, wavy, brunette, damaged ends, sometimes problems w/ product buildup

I loved this shampoo for a little while, but overall it is too drying for normal hair. It left my hair feeling dry and stiff, as if I had just washed it with a regular bar of soap. Worse, after about a month of this, my hair started overproducing oil to compensate for the imbalance, so almost immediately after washing, I had nasty buildup. It got so bad that I considered going back to drugstore shampoos!

PROS
--- seems to be deep cleaning
--- probably ideal for oily hair
--- solid shampoo puck is easy to travel with & environmentally friendly

CONS
--- overly drying for normal/dry hair (like mine)
--- puck will easily disintegrate if water can pool around it
--- not moisturizing at all (like Lush's liquid shampoo Big)

on 9/10/2012 1:11:00 PM

I bought this product because it smells nice (herbal/sea smell) and it's supposed to be good for volume. The first few times I used the product I loved it. It's fun to use and it smells great. However, even after using it in between with other products, my hair became very dry. My split ends were more noticeable. This product might be great for people with oily hair but my hair tends to be dry already and this product made it much worse.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I really did not like this shampoo. I have quite thin hair with barely any volume with dry ends and oily roots/scalp. I normally really like the lush shampoo bars but this one just didn't do it for me. It was supposed to add volume which this definitely didn't and it also made my roots get greasy after literally 2 hours. I won't be repurchasing this bar which is really annoying as I love the colour of it and the fact that it's 'ocean inspired'.

on 8/10/2012 7:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've heard a lot of good things about lush so I decided to try some of their products. Seanik is probably my favorite shampoo from now on. It gave my limp and straight hair more body and bounce! The first time I tried this was at night time, so when I woke up the next day, my hair was amazingly full! Wow! I definitely recommend for anyone who has limp, straight, lifeless hair.

on 8/6/2012 2:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like the effect the seniak shampoo bar has on my hair. Normally my hair is frizzy and uncontrollable. The seanik bar made my hair less frizzy and gave me huge curls, it also made my hair really soft and shiny. The only problem is after you've used it. I find the bar takes 2-4 hours to dry (when left in the sun) It is also quite difficult if you are having a shower. I end up rubbing it into my hands and then having to quickly take it out. Otherwise it's really good :)

on 7/30/2012 11:56:00 PM

I really like this shampoo bar. It's cleansing and has a pleasant smell to it. It is clarifying so I feel like my hair is lighter and its nice. It also lasts for an extremely long time!

Top Rated LUSH Products