July 24, 2014 | 1628 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2012 3:32:00 AM More reviews by hoku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Overall: 4

Price: 2 ($10.95 CAN)

Packaging: 2 (there is practically no packaging...)

Buy again: yes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

25 year old asian, medium/long dark brown, fine, straight hair. Oily scalp, usually requires daily washing.

I actually love all the solid shampoos I've tried (New!, jumping juniper, and now Seanik). They all provide a really good, thorough clean, and are less harmful to my hair that regular shampoos. I found that with regular shampoos my hair just felt so stripped and was getting thinner due to all the chemicals in them. With LUSH solid shampoos my hair seems to be regaining its strength and thickness. I still shed a lot when I wash my hair, but I'm now able to wash my hair every other day, whereas I couldn't do that before.

Seanik claims to give you voluminous, shiny hair with its seaweed, lemon oil, and jasmine oil formula. I can't really smell this shampoo once its been rinse off, which is a shame, because it is a very pretty smelling shampoo. Seanik does what it claims -- gives me volume and shine, but all the solid shampoos do, so I'm not sure what else is different. I do like the idea of the seaweed in it though, as seaweed is supposed to be nourishing and full of vitamins and nutrients... though I suppose if its getting rinsed off, it doesn't matter.

As with all solid shampoos, they can leave your hair a little dry and frizzy, so I always use Jungle solid conditioner with it.

Overall it's quite good and I would probably buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by StephMarie123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product from lush:)
the girl at the store recommended this to me because it has seaweed in to strengthen your hair as I had alot of split ends and I thought this would prevent them.

I use this along with my lush jungle solid conditioner bar and this makes my hair so soft and volumised although when I use this then blowdry my hair it makes it super frizzy whereas when I let my hair dry naturally it is the total opposite smooth, sleek and shiny.
I love the smell and the fact that its supposed to last 80-100 washes, I have used this for two weeks and the bars barley got any smaller.
also it lathers up so well, I just rub some on my hands like soap and rub it towards my roots and middle of my hair.
I will definatley be repurchasing this when I eventually run out:)

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2012 1:12:00 AM More reviews by osculari

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was really excited to try this solid shampoo because it seems like such a cool idea to be more eco-friendly by reducing plastic waste. I also read that will help to soften the hair and give it more body. Sad to say, this shampoo bar did neither for my hair and instead dried it out really badly. When I read the ingredients I finally understood why - Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) is one of the first ingredients of this solid shampoo. I have been using sulfate-free shampoos for more than 2 years already, and going back to it even for one wash proves how harsh SLS is for my hair. I really wanted to love this, but sadly I will just give this away or keep it as a reminder as to why I should just stay away from SLS shampoos.
For those still interested in this product: The shampoo lathers very, very easily and produced abundant bubbles just from swiping it a few times on wet hair. Keep it on a draining soap dish outside of the bathroom and let dry it out in between uses to prolong the life of the solid shampoo.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2011 10:31:00 AM More reviews by AndMac

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great product. Typical LUSH product, no big bits to break off and leave in the hair. I have chin length, baby-fine 'Nordic' hair, dark brunette though, not blonde and really straight. It leaves my hair super-soft. You don't really need a conditioner if softness is your aim.

I've worked out the most economical way to use LUSH bars. Previously I would take them in the shower, get the bar wet, it would stick to the surface I put it on, etc etc. Around a fifth of the bar was lost, I reckon by washing off as it got wet and sticking to the tin.

My new method:
Comb your hair well. No tangles. Wet hair before you get in the shower, keep the bar dry. Dry hands. Pick up bar. Sweep the dry bar down your wet hair from roots to tip, side, back, side. Put the bar aside to dry out, wet surface uppermost.
Before you step in the shower work up a lather with more water on your hair, Don't tangle your hair, wash it as if it was a piece of precious cloth, working the lather through it. There won't be much lather but there will be enough. When all hair has been cleansed, rinse off the lather. This will take a few seconds and very little water.
If you need to, use a separate conditioner, but why not try no conditioner or a leave in conditioner.
I estimate I can get more than eighty washes out of the bar using this method. It is super-economical.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2011 8:35:00 AM More reviews by cete

I am a repeat purchaser of LUSH shampoo bars. Been trying to eradicate plastic packaging from my bathroom, and decided to try them out a while ago. Seanik and Squeaky Green are absolutely great, I was so pleased I made the switch. When I travel I put them in the little tin you can buy. They last forever. I have cropped hair, and one bar will last me 4 months. My hair feels and smells great. Try them; if they suit your hair, you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/3/2011 11:42:00 PM More reviews by der08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this stuff! It is a bit pricey for me, so I buy the stuff when I feel like spurlging a little. It volumizes like no other & keeps your hair feeling so healthy & maintained. They say 4 swipes will do. . but heck I like my hair lathered!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by angelinuh

Left my hair very clean and volumized, lathers very well. Stains the bath if left on the side (even in tin it leaked). Don't use too much or it will make your hair feel stripped....just a small lather will do.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2011 2:15:00 PM More reviews by Casshausserman

I bought this because I have wavy hair that I try to make curlier. I figured out that I have very soft water and that was making my hair too soft and not hold my curls well. So, I bought this shampoo bar and it works really well. It feels very clean like i really get all of the product out. It also feels kind of tangly and not very silky when i get out of the shower, but I just finger comb my hair and diffuse it and it becomes curly, shiny and soft. I have been using the conditioning bar with this shampoo.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Knitarooooo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my first Lush shampoo bar purchase, I really love the smell and the abundant lather but IT STRIPPED OUT ALL OF MY HAIR COLOR! I asked the salesgirl if it was safe for color-treated hair and she said yes. Very disappointed with this as I have another 2 weeks before I can get my hair colored again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 3:39:00 AM More reviews by kmikula

I love this shampoo bar! It was my first LUSH purchase and I'd consider buying more shampoo bars from them! This bar leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean, which I love (my hair gets oily within 24 hours of a wash, usually, so I like somewhat drying shampoos as long as they don't make me frizzy!). However, the tin hasn't worked for me at all (maybe I got a defective one?). My first time trying to open it I had to get out of the bath mid-shower and bang it on my counter (I live in a dorm so imagine the looks I got!) then pry it open with a metal tool - since then I've been afraid to put the lid on the tin so I just keep it with the lid off. So yeah - love the product - HATE the tin.