Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 7/15/2011 5:43:00 AM

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine

Solar Oil is my favorite nail/cuticle oil that I've come across so far. It's easy to apply, has a pleasant smell and absorbs into the cuticles, nails (if I'm not wearing polish that day) and under the tip of the nails relatively quickly. I then rub up any excess onto my fingers and hands. I find that all I need to do is apply this once a day (for me before bed) and within a few days, I see positive results -- no stray cuticles and no dried out skin around or under the tip of my nails.

I've ordered Solar Oil on ebay where you can purchase it at reduced prices and in various sizes.

on 7/11/2011 11:51:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Cool

Solar oil didnt do much for my nails. Its a very thin oil that absorbs fast but didnt do much to keep my cuticles moisturized. Its pricey but smells lovely and the packaging is pratical which calls for two lippies. I would not repurchase this oil because I believe that the oil(s) you usually keep in your kitchen would work just as fine. Or even vitamin e oil. I would suggest doing what the reviewer did below and make your own "solar oil".

on 6/24/2011 3:25:00 AM

I bought this due to the hype. It's okay but the fake almond/ marzipan smell is overpowering. It's a very thin oil and not well absorbed. it doesn't do that much for my cuticles and feels kinda squeeky as I massage it in.

I have OPI avoplex oil as welll and much prefer it to this. (Even neat almond oil is better). the OPI oil is thicker and more emoliant and gives a deeper softening effect, and feels much nicer to massage in.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Let me first say, that this product did work quite well for my cuticles. I wash my hands a lot and this helps keep everything soft and supple and my nails did not break as much. I thought it was the most amazing product ever, until I looked at the ingredients. I was so ashamed of myself for not doing that first. I've been trying to keep myself from spending too much money and make things myself or at least find alternatives. But this is SO EASY to make. I'm sorry to Solar Oil, but this is not worth that kind of money! I keep half those ingredients in my kitchen anyways, so I put some in an empty nail polish jar. Here's my solution. I empty out an old nail polish bottle (fill the bottle with nail polish remover, clean out extra bits with a Q-tip) and use that to store the liquid since it's helpful to "paint" it on. The I funnel:
1 tbs Sweet Almond Oil (I cook and use as moisturizer sometimes)
1 tsp Jojoba Oil (I have an teeny jar of it)
1/2 tsp Rice Bran Oil (I also use it as a base for my homemade scalp exfoliant)
3 drops Lemon Essential Oil (for smell and it's always around because I use it in my homemade cleaning products)
All in all, I think it costs me around $1 to make myself. Thanks Solar Oil for a good recipe, but I think I'll stick to making my own from now on. It's not a bad review, just a very neutral one.

on 6/22/2011 3:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

I had a manicure recently and decided to buy a mini bottle of this cuticle oil. I love it! It's kept my cuticles and outer skin moisturized, keeping the hang nails at bay. I plan on buying the larger size bottle when I'm finished.

on 6/10/2011 9:51:00 AM

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

I have horribly peeling skin around the sides of my nails that apparently "shocked" one of my friends enough to comment on them. I decided to "do something about it"

I got this to try after hearing a rave review somewhere. And i love it. It really works. I love the light almondy scent and the oil absorbs very quickly. It comes in a nail polish bottle with a brush that to me is quite unhygenic, all the redipping.

After sometime i stopped using it out of sheer laziness. I hate the process of brushing it on each nail and massaging it in. I much rather do that together with my hand cream than to use a separate product just for the cuticles.

This is a fantastic product if you don't mind the hassle.

on 4/30/2011 9:05:00 AM

Very effective product. The oil dries out very quickly, but does not dry out the cuticles (unlike a rubbish product by OPI I have used previously). When used constantly it makes a massive difference to the cuticles: leaves them moisturised and in great condition. I can use it during the day and before I go to bed - it does not leave any oily residue. 4 lippies due to the price (outrageous!) and the difficulty to find it. I bought it on amazon in the end as I struggled to find it. Excellent product.
** Worked very well at the beginning. After a month of use I do not see any results anymore. Cuticles are still dry and it does not make any difference whether I use this oil or not. Disappointing.

on 3/23/2011 12:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

s a consequence of my newfound interest in keeping my hands nicely manicured, and after three months of continuously using nail colour, I looked down at my hands the other day to find the uppermost layers of my nails peeling off. I thought of buying a bottle of OPIís Nail Envy, but decided against it when I read the ingredient list ó although I am no nail professional, I fail to see how formaldehyde in any concentration can fix brittle, peeling nails.
Enter Solar Oil, a mini bottle of which has been kicking around my beauty collection for several years. I received it as part of a nail care kit some time ago, but never knew what to do with it. I donít have cuticle problems, and it wasnít a top coat or base coat, so it lay there, neglected, unopened. After doing some research on how best to repair unhealthy nails (it seems that my particular problem is a symptom of extreme nail dryness), I came across legions of beauty enthusiasts raving about the benefits of Solar Oil. ĒIs that what Iíve got at the very bottom of that drawer, that one where I toss all the beauty products (admittedly, not that many) which failed to keep my interest, or have outgrown their usefulness?Ē

All this to say, that Solar Oil really is that good, if one more positive review is all you need to convince you to try the stuff. I slapped on four coats before my nails seemed adequately hydrated ó they soaked it up like a dry sponge. It smells good for you too, with a sweet almond oil scent and no hint whatever of the typical chemical smell attached to most nail products. The question becomes now, what base coat I should be using, instead of the Zoya Anchor Iíve been applying. Ah, beauty research, my favourite kind.

on 1/19/2011 10:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this oil - it has made a huge difference in my cuticles repairing themselves and staying moisturized. I dont like the smell - almonds, but i can get by it for the oil's benefits. Love it way more than others i've tried, esp. OPI's Avoplex.

on 12/28/2010 4:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

LOVE. Pure. Love. ! Great scent, not to expensive, doesn't leave a greasy film over nails or cuticles like all other oils.

Popular Treatments