Mary Kay Eye Primer

on 6/14/2010 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I like this product. All in all, my shadows stay put and they don't crease. I like the packaging because its not going to dry out before all of your product is used up.

on 5/14/2010 3:44:00 PM

A light feeling primer that without it all my eyeshadows crease. It is a must put on before eyeshadow.

on 4/13/2010 5:15:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I think I am allergic to this. Have used it past three days and my eyelids are red and puffy and undereyes too. I think it is too harsh. Urban Decay primer potion did the same thing to me. Not for sensitive skin! It does make make-up stay longer...unfortunately I cannot use it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I'm reviewing the TimeWise primer, because I so LOVE the lip primer, that I thought I would give this a shot. Unfortunately, I don't care for it, and much prefer the MacPaint in Bare Canvas. This has a bit of white to it, that does help to even out the skin tone just a touch, but overall I found this to be a tad irritating. It's performance is similar to Bare Canvas, but I think the BC lasts a little longer and evens out my skin tone better. (As a side note, I find this way less drying and irritating than the UDPP.) This is not horrible, just not for me.

on 3/6/2010 4:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

i've only use this product for a couple weeks because of the creasing i've resulted in. i'm one of the few that does not like this product. i've seen creasing within the first five minutes. i have really oily eye lids. i have been watching videos about how others used this product and tried exactly what they've done to avoid creasing. after buying UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion), i would never go back to mary kay(now discontinues). i wouldn't recommend it, but you do have to try it before you have your say about this product.

on 2/11/2010 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am on my 2nd tube of this stuff. I have never used TFSI or UDPP so I cannot compare them. I use this every single day and I love it. It's a squeeze tube so you can def get all the product out and the tiniest amount goes all over the eyelid up to the brow. I do not use it under my eye just because it causes my eyes to water. I personally like how it seems to not quite dry all the way, makes it easier for my paint pot to "stick". I find that my eyeshadow doesn't pop but it def does stay on all day. I will def continue to purchase this eye primer.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

First of all I'm a MK rep. I have tried many products from them some are great some aren't. MK is really hit or miss. For me this product is a miss. I have dry skin with slightly oily eyelids. I need a primer for my e/s to last all day. I have used UDPP and TFSI. I like both of these products with TFSI being my HG. I decided to try MK eyeshadow primer just because a) I can get it cheaper 2) I wanted to try it. I did a test between TFSI and MK primer.

1) Comes in a nice sized squeeze tube, similar to TFSI so you will get all of the product. (unlike UDPP)

2) Reasonable price: $12 for me $6.

3) Gave e/s a soft effect, almost airbrush look with little blending

I really wanted to like this product b/c of the reasons above, but:

1) Never really "dries" feels tacky on the eyelid, even with a small amount applied.
2) Did not make e/s "pop" ( I use MAC e/s and I used the same shadows for day one and day 2). My eye shadow looked better colorwise with the TFSI
3) e/s started to fade (TFSI never fades) granted I apply m/u @ 6am and don't get home till 12 to 13 hours later. MK started to fade around 3 or 4 PM. This never happens with TFSI.

So, I will use MK for days when I won't be out long or run out of my TFSI. If you need a good primer, but don't want to spend $20, call your local MK rep. BTW ask for a sample. It comes in a generous sample size that will last at least a week.

on 1/31/2010 8:16:00 AM

This is an over all descent eyeshadow primer. The consistency is creamy kinda gel like. When i gently rub onto lids- this absorbs quickly. It does make my eyeshadow a tad bit more vibrant. It gives a good run for your money. I compared this to my too faced shadow insurance and unfortunately this does not beat it. My too faced made my eyeshadow more vibrant and it def my eyeshadow held out longer. Too faced last all day for me until i remove it at night unlike this. But this primer is still good

on 1/26/2010 11:38:00 PM

This eye primer does its job. My eyeshadows last all day without creasing. I like how it comes in a squeeze tube, getting the product out is easy. One tube lasts a very long time, at least 6 months for me and I use it everyday. It's cheaper than UDPP and TFSI.

on 1/11/2010 2:22:00 AM

This is my first eye primer I've used. I absoluely love this primer. It works great and it lasts for hours. I haven't used Urban Decay or Too Faced, but this is great for what it's worth!