October 23, 2014 | 1952 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by kimreztituyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

Best thing for ACNE! I have oily ish skin and I get pimples here and there, mostly on my forehead. I recently got a pimple by my nose & was dying inside cause it was so ugly lol. I grabbed a q tip, dipped it in the ACV, put it ONLY on the pimple(not around), it's been 2 days of constantly doing that and my pimple isn't there lol. It's GREAT! I use this as a toner too, half water/half ACV, clearer skin. Smells like ass & cat piss but whatever you'll live and it doesn't stay if you put it on your face. 5 minutes the smell is gone so lol. " HOLY GRAIL " I haven't drank it yet cause I tried and almost died lmao.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2014 1:53:00 AM More reviews by NairbRey

So this is my second week using it orally, I take it 3 times a day, 3 tsp in 8 oz of water ...I gotta say this is wonderful, My face looks so much better, I get like 3 pimples every week that go away quickly but i hate it, and no pimple as come in this 2 weeks Im soooo amazed really. Its a strong taste but like I always say ''beauty is not easy to swallow '' Im not going to use it on my face directly cause im afraid it could irritate it, so im sticking to orally which has been great . Oh and another pro I have lost a few pounds and I haven't change anything in my regular diet , Im already pretty skinny but with this I just look better not bloated or anything just fabulous flat stomach <3

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2014 5:07:00 AM More reviews by LizPennington

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my life saver!I only found out about it about a week ago and its cleared my skin up so much already! I have moderate-severe acne and it works so well on my skin! I use it straigh (not diluted with water) as a spot treatment. I'm so glad I started using this! It does burn a little at first and smells horrible but the results are well worth it! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by organicmoon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I CANNOT use this as a toner even heavily diluted it irritates my sensitive skin. That said I use it for lots of other stuff. 1-2 Tbs in large cup of water for a hair rinse after my shampoo bars. I don't use conditioner anymore even tho my hair is pretty long. It detangles added tons of slip and shine. I also as drink a couple Tbs in my water all day this has caused significant changes in my body. Suppresses my appetite at night when I get the munchies for junk food, helps keep my skin clear, overall helps aches and pains especially at that time of the month, this stuff flushes nasty toxins from your body. I use 1-3 Tbs. In a bottle of water then add a little honey for taste. It's healthy, detoxifies, gives energy & makes joints all lubricated. I have used generic acv but best results are had by using Braggs organic acv. Love, love it.

Update: still using for various things. Recently tried a few drops to mix with my Aztec Healing Clay mask with a few drops of water and it works well. Also bought a gallon bottle of generic to use as fabric softener in the rinse cycle (no smell after the rinse is done) works great for natural cleaning as I also put 1 cup in large spray bottle with a few drops essential oil then fill the rest up with water and that's what I use for disinfecting and cleaning around the house. Look up ACV online there are so many uses for this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 9:11:00 PM More reviews by tcrystal

This is honestly the best toner I've ever used (half Braggs, half filtered water mix). My pores actually look tighter and smaller, and my skin tone looks more even. Insane for something I can buy at the grocery store!

Yes, obviously it smells like vinegar, but it goes away after 10-15 mins.

I have combination skin that usually gets very oily as the day goes on. I wash with an olive oil and aloe soap and then apply this - my skin is neither dry nor oily and it feels like it's actually normal. The best part is that the more I use it, the less oily my skin gets during the day. Love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 7:00:00 PM More reviews by snapeyouinhalf

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I started using ACV as a toner (50/50 ACV/water) about two weeks ago. Full disclosure: I also went back to oil cleansing and taking evening primrose oil at exactly the same time, but I really feel that that combination has done wonders.
About six months ago, I made an aspirin/honey/yogurt mask and had a TERRIBLE reaction. I don't suffer from massive breakouts, but the bottom half of both cheeks were completely covered in clusters of pimples when I woke up the next morning. I'd used that mask recipe before and never broken out from it, but that was the only thing that could have done it. I tried everything I could think of to get my skin to start healing, and had a little success with a salicylic acid cleanser, but nowhere near the results I've had with oil cleansing and ACV. In just under a week, all pimples had gone down, redness has faded completely, and I've had no new pimples. Still waiting to see if the blackheads that developed with the breakout will subside (I've never had them on my cheeks before), but I'm definitely going to keep using ACV toner.
I normally feel that a week or two is definitely not enough time to be able to review something accurately, but like I said, I've seen more progress in the last two weeks than in the last six months. Maybe it wouldn't work as well without oil cleansing and EPO, but it's definitely a key piece in my skincare routine.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/25/2014 3:30:00 PM More reviews by yellowease

I usually have very clear skin with a couple of problematic areas (my chin when I'm hormonal and sometimes my eyebrows). I decided to try out apple cider vinegar because I've heard it's a holy grail item. I bought it for almost 5 bucks and I was pleased with the overall price considering it was raw, unfiltered with the mother.

I used it on and off for a month and I have experimented with it. At first I diluted 50/50 in diluted water (no I did not use regular tap water) and used it as an overall toner. I also tried to apply it directly to problem spots but found it was too harsh for my skin. I also mixed it with diluted water and witch hazel but saw no difference. I also ingested it as some reviewers suggested and that lasted about a week and the only difference I experienced was less viscosity in my morning phlegm. (Sorry if that was TMI).

I'm glad noone else had my problem but boy it smelled bad. Not even because it smelled similar to socks but it made my bathroom smell and once I woke up to shower.. well needless to say I could not make it past the scent.

In regards to my skin, I have heard the theory that your skin purges before it gets better. I noticed cystic acne on my chin for the first time in a year and I noticed the acne around my eyebrows to basically create a "halo" around my forehead. Still, I proceeded to use it in hopes for promising results. I stopped using it a couple nights ago because well at this point my skin is hyperpigmented, my problematic spots were not improving and I did not want to do further damage.

I have used it on my hair and have seen how clarifying it works! I don't wash my hair everyday and when I do I make sure it's SLS free so anytime I can get something clarifying I am all for it.

I don't think I will ever repurchase as a beauty essential but I'm glad that it has benefited others.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2014 3:09:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for an array of reasons. I use it for my hair, skin, taking it internally, the list continues to grow.
I have very thick, wavy, and long hair. It's hard for me to clean it thoroughly so I use some acv as a clarifier to help rid my hair of build up and it leaves my hair feeling fresh, soft, and shiny.
For skin, I dilute it in a bit of water and spot treat any blemishes that I sometimes get around the time of the month. The acv helps reduce inflammation and helps to dry up the blemishes.
I don't always take it internally but the health benefits are great when you do. It helps to detox your system, it's great for digestion, and it can even help aid in weight loss. If you look up the benefits of taking acv internally, you will be surprised at how many there are. I try to drink this everyday but sometimes the taste is too much for me! I don't mind the smell though.
Overall, acv is a staple in my house. I love how effective it is for so many things and you can't beat the cost. A bottle of Bragg's is about 5 bucks and it lasts me a couple of months at a time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2014 2:29:00 PM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

You need to dilute this ACV before using - it is extremely strong! I will keep buying it again and again. It's so versatile it's unreal. My own experience with ACV is that it lightens my dyed hair, and that used to be my main reason for using it. Used diluted it will gradually lift any build up in my porous ends. But you can use it neat to speed up the process (be careful - it should be used on damp hair or you will most likely suffer damage, and don't leave on too long). One benefit of using it diluted well as an occasional rinse before or after applying conditioner is that it also seems to smooth the cuticles and it makes the scalp less oily, but I use it in rotation with other rinses (rosemary and amla). I would not use it more than every few days for fear of over drying my scalp, drying out my hair or fading my hair dye unintentionally. Another use is to calm down insect bites. Diluted, it reduces the inflammation fast and the urge to scratch bites goes away as it takes away the itch. It's also a great occasional gargle so if you have a sore throat try it (diluted at least 1:6 of course...). Just make sure you brush your teeth - and maybe chew some mint! - afterwards as it's not enamel-friendly. By all means try it on your face occasionally but don't think it's something you can use neat or every day - those people who've used it day after day on their skin expecting miracles then complain that it's crap baffle me. Finally, for all thrush-sufferers try it - diluted heavily - as a douche before you rush out and buy medication. Sorry if it's TMI for you, but I felt I had to share...

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:16:00 AM More reviews by ncashen

I agree with other reviewers about the wonders of natural Apple Cider Vinegar (with the "mother.") This is one of my go-to product for personal care and in the kitchen. I've read extensively about the uses and benefits of ACV.

Here are some of the uses. I'll end this review with precautions and advice for how to use the product.

1. Dilute 50/50 with water and put into an empty plastic squirt or spray bottle for a hair rinse applied to both hair and scalp after shampooing and/or conditioning. Once my hair dries, I can't smell the vinegar anymore. You may also apply it after shampooing then rinse it out as you would a conditioning rinse. Avoid contact with eyes.

2. Dilute 50/50 with water and use dab it on a cotton ball as an astringent for acne and other skin problems. Avoid contact with eyes.

3. Drink diluted and brush your teeth after you drink it. The ACV is not good for tooth enamel. Brush and/or rinse in order to remove it from your teeth after drinking it.

4. Mix it with Aztec clay powder for a purifying facial and body mud mask.

I would be careful using ACV. It has great benefits. Keep it away from eyes. Brush your teeth after it has been in your mouth. Dilute it with water. Be careful about mixing it with other substances, except for Aztec clay. The vinegar may react with other liquids.

I like the old fashioned glass bottle with the plastic screw-on lid. I keep ACV in my refrigerator. I use one bottle for food preparation and a separate bottle for personal care. That is true of coconut oil as well. I have two separate jars.

ACV is very reasonably priced and widely available at health food stores, grocery stores, and other retailers.

8 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No