Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 6/17/2014 5:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Wow.

So, slightly different from everyone else, I take ACV internally. About 1 tsp in 8 oz cold water, twice a day.

The taste isn't at all bad if you add some lemon, and the results are phenomenal. If you have gut or hormone related acne, THIS will clear it up. Not only has my skin been clear for months, but it glows. It absolutely glows. No product can do what this has done. Such a simple fix!

Be sure to get Braggs.

on 6/13/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Apple Cider Vinegar has a wide variety of uses from skin care to household cleaning to internal cleanses (Dilute or make veggie caps). Inexpensive and versatile.

on 6/13/2014 1:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I haven't had much luck with home remedy/ holistic type products. Turmeric, aloe vera, pure glycerin, rose water and the list goes on and on. I read so many reviews claiming these readily available, inexpensive products can help with breakouts. Baking soda, clay, aspirin, honey. I've tried them all. I read multiple reviews from people who describe their acne the same way I would describe mine and run to the store hopeful it will work for me. But it never does. My cabinets have bottles of this crap. Apple cider vinegar has been the one thing that I can honestly say works for me. I use the Braggs organic vinegar with the "mother". I have tried apple cider vinegar in the past, but it was just regular Target brand without the mother. The Braggs is a murky brown. The other was just a brownish tint and clear. This stuff has really improved my ruddy complexion. I put enough to soak a cotton pad or cotton ball and wipe it all over my clean face. That's it! My skin had tons of clogged pores and this has cleared them up after a week. The only drawback is the smell. Smells like vinegar and wet dog! But it will fade as the minutes pass. The real reason i know this works? I have the worst acne just prior to getting my period. I did not get a single zit this time around. I paid around $6 or $7 for this at the grocery store.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

For 4 months I have had a patch on my left cheek that has consistantly had cystic acne. It started out stress related and I thought it would subside. But no...as soon as one of them starts fading and becomes less inflamed a new one pops ups. Im at my wits end. I have tried otc creams, prescription creams, every home remedy in the book. I DONT pick on it as you might think. To no avail. Then I stumbled across these reviews and figured I had nothing to loose. I already use ACV as a hair rinse with great results but I was afraid to put it on my face because it seemed harsh.

So I diluted it with water (50/50) and dabbed it on the area. I let it dry and then I put on my regular lotion. After one day the redness was visibly fading. After two days the bumps were less protruding. After three days the big stubborn one surfaced and I could finally pop it. I am very pleased!

I have also noticed that the skin around these pimples is tighter and more clear. When the situation is under control I will start experimenting with dabbing ACV on larger areas of the face.

on 6/5/2014 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

After slacking off on my sunscreen application and getting a bad sunburn at the begining of the year I've struggled with breakouts, flaking, dry irritated patches of skin and angular chelitis. Finally went to the Derm and shelled out a ton of money on various recommended products and Rx's. Almost no results. After some serious frustration I decided to ditch the Derm's products and to incorporate ACV diluted as a toner. I've used this successfully for years mixed in shampoo and conditioner to treat flakey scalp on my kids. Couldn't hurt. After the second application the flakey patches were gone and the angular chelitis was under control. On a follow up visit to the Derm he confirmed that ACV was an excellent natural treatment for many skin conditions and to keep using it daily. He said that conditions like Chelitis occur when yeast gets trapped in moist damaged skin. The AVC must work by changing the PH of your skin enough to make it inhospitable. I have to dilute this because using it straight is irritating so I currently use a 3:1 mix of lavendar hydrosol (because I happened to have some) and ACV. Distilled water I'm sure would be fine too. Can't go wrong with a dirt cheap natural product that gets results.

on 5/20/2014 3:22:00 PM

OMG!!!! this cured my acne!!!!! I had moderate to moderately severe acne after I started using this as a toner I have yet to get a pimple! its crazy to think something as simple as this is so effective. I could have saved a lot of money and scarring a long time ago. I used proactive, oral antibiotics, over the counter topicals, also prescription topicals . and this has outdone them all by far!

on 5/19/2014 4:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I use Target's generic brand Apple Cider vinegar and it is amazing! It has 5% acidity if anyone is curious. It cleans my skin and pores so well after I cleanse. It has lessened up my acne drastically and is a staple in my routine. I moisten a cotton ball and wipe on my face night and day and follow with moisturizer.

on 5/12/2014 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I use this as part of my toner as well as a conditioner for my hair (I'm doing the no-poo method right now...) It really fades acne scars! No, really! It also helps prevent oil and won't irritate your skin. Best toner. Make sure to dilute a bit.
As for hair, it does make it shiny. I plan to do the baking soda and ACV wash two-three times a week, and hopefully in a month or so my hair will look great.
HOPEFULLY.
Wish me luck.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

ACV, you are a great addition to homemade salad dressing, but as a beauty product you leave much to be desired.

Two lippies because, although you do not clarify my scalp or clear my acne, you shine when mixed with olive oil, shallots, and spices.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I have been using apple cider vinegar or a 50/50 blend with regular vinegar to clarify my hair and scalp for the past ten years. I no longer get any product buildup and never get winter dandruff EVER. No need for a clarifying shampoo anymore. I simply lather up my head and add the vinegar right into the sudsy hair and gently rub and leave in for a couple minutes. I have tried using it just as a rinse but I prefer it mixed into the shampoo. I only do this about once a week when my body is out of the tub and I'm strictly washing my hair.

Years back I occasionally used it as replacement for over the counter douche products when something was out of balance and it worked like a charm to get everything back in balance.

I have used it as a facial toner when I was younger-- not so good at my age now but I do take oral apple cider vinegar for weight management.

Video Reviews & Tutorials