October 21, 2014 | 2065 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2013 4:17:00 PM More reviews by kikibutternut

This product is amaaazing! I walked into lush and asked the person for a face mask that would tone down redness, remove excess oil, and be okay ,maybe even help a bit, with my extremely sensitve skin. This does it all. The blue of the mask sticks to the fine hairs on your face (not noticable) throughout the day, making your face appear less red. I had a shiny patch of skin right between my eyebrows that wouldn't go away no matter what face wash, scrub, or mask I used. But after using this just once, it was totally gone, and has only appeared a couple other times (while I was testing others products; not using this one). Lastly, it is hard to find a cleanser that won't irritate my eczema. This didn't. It even healed most of it up! This product is a miracle worker.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by krispykreme90

I decided to buy this after the suggestion of the sales rep at LUSH who was serving me. I asked for a face mask that could help my acne/blemish prone skin and she suggested Catastrophe.

I had high hopes after using another one of Lush's face mask (can't remember the name, but it was a garlic based one - and yes it did reek very bad :S). That mask wasn't incredibly effective but it did leave my skin smooth.

Anyways, Catastrophe had a really nice blueberry fragrance and it felt smooth and soft and I like how you can see the actually blueberries :) I would leave it on for about ten minutes after it would become really hard, making it impossible to move my face lol.

I would notice the redness in my face was more calm and less visible and it would leave my face smooth and soft. I prefer to use this mask when my skin is at it's worst as it's a great healer <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2012 1:48:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've bought this about four times now and I am so glad that I discovered Catastrophe Cosmetic! I really like Lush, but their employees bother me with their fake nice-ness so I rarely go there unless there's something specific that I really want.

ANYWAYS. I have oily/acne-prone skin and when I use this my skin looks better than ever. It doesn't have a bad smell and it doesn't sting. It's a little expensive for the amount you get but I only buy this every once in a while when my skin is looking a little haggard. The jar says it lasts about ten days I think, but I've used it past that and it was totally fine.
I love that it's a blue color and that you can see the blueberries in it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 11:39:00 AM More reviews by Yuminnie

This fresh mask is amazing! I have combination skin with oily t-zone and some dry areas sometimes around the rest of my face. I usually have redness on my cheeks and some annoying pimples and blackheads. This mask made my skin feel like a baby's skin, really soft! The redness was almost all gone and my skin looked awake and healthy! I recommend using this after showering, I used this after a soft exfoliation and the results were amazing! The smell might be a bit strong inside the package but when you put it on your face it's really gentle and nice.
The only thing i don't like about it is the price. It's quite expensive for something that only lasts you about a month but I'd repurchase because it's a really good product!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by ColdFire

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this as a 5-pots-trade-in freebie at the suggestion of a Lush SA - I told her Cosmetic Warrior was my favorite but maybe too strong to use all the time, and she suggested this as a gentler alternative. That's exactly how I would describe this mask.
It's thicker than other Lush masks I've tried, so I agree with the suggestion to leave it at room temperature for a bit before applying. It dries very quickly, is easy to rinse off, and exfoliates a bit as you remove it.
It makes my skin very smooth and calms down any redness I might have, from pimples or general irritation/sensitivity. My skin feels clean and calm, it's very relaxing after a long day. I didn't notice any adverse effects using this multiple days in a row, so this would be a good candidate for my time-of-the-month breakout.
I'd absolutely purchase this again, and would recommend it to anyone with problem, sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2012 6:21:00 AM More reviews by Annushka

i gave this a 4 but i would buy it again.
packaging is a black plastic pot with 75g of the mask inside. should always be refrigerated. $15.95 AUD.
it is purple with little seaweed bits in it and smells like blueberries. I like this one alot, it is soothing to put on and doesnt take too long to dry, then can be washed off easily. My face feels soft afterwards, though there seems to be a thick, oily/candle wax residue left after i wash it off.
It doesnt really do 'anything' i dont think, except feel good and smell good and is fun to use. I didnt notice any huge difference in my skin. I have okay skin, one or two blemishes but otherwise normal. I didnt break out.
my only gripe is that it lasts 3 weeks from the date of manufacture. I bought mine when it had 2 weeks left...very expensive for the time that it lasts, but i guess thats what you get for fresh products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2012 6:16:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

I went to a workshop and actually made this in the LUSH shop which was really fun.. and I was shocked to find out how easy it is to make it!!! Mwahahahah now I'll never have to buy it!! anyways :p..
the blueberries are essential in this.. which is what I love about the product.. I make my own and tweaked it a little adding a little yogurt in.. which make it stick to my face better.. it calms my skin,, takes out the impurities,, I advise this one to anyone having a dull yuck day.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by Nats040991

I absolutely LOVE this mask. I just started using it a week ago and I can already notice that my pores appear a lot smaller. My skin feels amazing after I take the mask off. Most definitely purchasing again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 10:41:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

This is a decent mask. I selected it to soothe and cleanse my skin after summer nights out. Catastrophe Cosmetic is a textured grey-blue mask chock full of clay and blueberries. It smells strongly of chamomile and calamine, very pleasant. This mask really thickens up when chilled so I recommend taking it out of the fridge a few minutes before application; makes it easier to spread. CC takes very little time to take effect, which I like. This mask makes my face incredibly soft and evens out the texture. Other than that, I really do not notice any outstanding benefits. The clays do absorb excess oil but the effects are not that long lasting. Not my favorite mask from LUSH but definitely a gentle option for those seeking an at-home facial.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2012 7:31:00 PM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is the best for flakey winter skin. I first bought it a couple of years ago when my skin was so dry that it hurt to raise my eyebrows. I now buy it every winter. It clears my skin up withing a few applications. It is so soothing, but you can feel it lifting your dry skin away as you wipe it off.

I apply quite thickly, but don't leave it on until it is completely dry. Then in the shower I wet my hands, pat my face with the water, and start to wipe it off. I find this is the best way to get rid of flakey skin.

The smell is a little strong but I don't mind it. I love the little bits of blueberries in it and the strong purple colour. Some people may balk at the inclusion of talc, but I've never had problems with clogging because of this mask, in fact, my pores look better after application. I find the talc helps with exfoliation.

I would recommend this mask to anyone with flakey skin, whether you are oily or dry.