July 30, 2014 | 1737 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Do8666

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

*SHORT SUMMARY; THIS IS AN ACNE REDUCING / OIL CONTROL MASK*

I don't know why the call it "cupcake" it should be called "Chocolate covered banana"! This mask goes on smelling of rich chocolate, sweet enough you wanna eat it! And for some odd reason, when it's time to rinse off, it smells like banana instead!

I have combination/oily skin, this helps reduce oil without drying out my face completely. I love it because It gives me a more matte appearance, so I can wear my highlighters and MSF's without looking too shiny by the end of the day! If you have dry skin, I definitely recommend avoiding this.

It also helps clear up my occasional breakouts, better than my actual acne creams and masks! It's become my new favorite mask!

BASIC INFO ABOUT ALL OF LUSH'S MASKS:
The masks are made of natural ingredients, and are not tested on animals. They come in a 2.1 oz jar, with a screw top lid. The jar is recyclable, and the store offers a program where you can return 5 of your empty jars in exchange for one full mask of your choice. Each mask cost's a little less than $7. You get about 5 uses from one jar. Each mask is typically good for about 2 weeks from it's packaged date. Each jar is labeled with a package date, and expiration date. These masks are to be kept refrigerated. Typical recommended use is 2-3 times a week. I do not recommend purchasing more than one mask at a time, as you will end up wasting product... It will expire before you can use them all up, unless you plan to use one jar everyday for a week.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 9:58:00 PM More reviews by patty88

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This did absolutely nothing for my skin, which ranges from normal to oily. The smell though, is wonderful, but not anything else. It's strange because most other Lush fresh face masks work for me, but not this one. It's supposed to take away oil but it did not. Just left a nice chocolate-y smell, which I can get with edible chocolates. If you really want a Lush mask that would take away oil, Brazened Honey is much better, and super. Will definitely NOT be replacing Cupcake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by blatantdream

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My skin is oily/combination and very acne prone. I use this mask around 3x a week and one pot usually last me around 3 weeks before it expires. I live close to a lush store and I only get these right after they come in so I can get the most uses out of one pot.

This particular mask smells like chocolate. I love the smell and makes me sometimes want to try and see if it tastes as good as it smells. When I slather it on it feels cool from being in the fridge. When it starts to dry it pulls my skin tight. I believe this is an effect of the rhassoul mud. I love this feeling on my skin. When the mask is ready to be removed, I rub gently with water in little circle around my face using the little grains in the mask as an exfoliator. It works great for this and it's gentle. The mask has oils in it which leaves my skin soft and smooth. People always tell me my skin looks more radiant on days after using this mask. I highly recommend people to try it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by PHM517

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this mask. I am almost 30 but do have issues with acne. This really does help for me. I use it sometimes 3x a week doing a breakout and it helps take the acne down. It also feels very calming to my skin when it feels all hectic. I normally don't like chocolate scented things, but this smell is amazing of this mask!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2012 9:17:00 PM More reviews by TheMoonBunny

I have sensitive, acne-prone combination skin. I've used this face mask about 3-4 times so far this year.

This face mask is designed to be used up to two times weekly maximum. If you use it more than that, you're just asking for trouble! The gals at Lush warned me of this when I bought it.

This feels great, seems to be deep cleaning, minimizes pores, and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth. Sometimes I break out in 1-2 pimples afterward, but I assume that's the mask doing its job as a deep cleanser; it's pulling out any gunk under the surface. I just dab some Grease Lightning on those pimples, and they're gone in a blink.

My biggest problem? I'll buy a pot of this for $6, use it one time, put it in the fridge, and then completely forget it's in there. So, I always end up wasting/throwing out the rest of it like 3 weeks later. This product is more of a "luxury" item for me and not a necessity for my skincare.

Did you know that Lush sells these at cost? They don't make a profit on them at all -- or at least that's what I've been told by the sales reps.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2012 8:59:00 PM More reviews by Kittea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, I have to be honest. I have no idea if this does anything super amazing for my skin, other than lightly exfoliating it and just making it feel comfortable. I don't suffer from too much acne, and though my skin is oily, I do not really expect a $7 mask to change that. But, this is such a treat to use, it smells so lovely! It doesn't irritate my skin, or break it out... It just makes it feel cool, and delicious. Great for pampering yourself while you're relaxing in a bath.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by sarahlilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I tried this product as the sales assistant recommended it was brilliant for acne prone skin. I had recently had a break out and was desperate to try anything to get rid of it. This mask smells amazing and goes on really nicely, and it feels lovely on your skin.
For the first few days I used it it actually did clear up my spots and reduced redness, however after about 4 applications my skin broke out horrifically. I have never had acne as bad in my life, and it was so bad I was almost embarrassed to go out! I've stopped using this mask and my skin has cleared up straight away. Definitely will not be using this product again, which is a shame because I love Lush and I love the smell!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 8:47:00 PM More reviews by beachgal14

This is BY FAR, the best face mask I have ever tried! LUSH has really outdone themselves with Cupcake, it is simply the best one! I have very blemish prone skin with lots of scarring from old acne. This mask does not irritate or aggravate my skin in anyway. It calms my small little breakouts with easy and IT SMELLS DIVINE. A lot like minty- chocolate mixed with vanilla. I will be repurchasing THE DAY I finish the pot I am currently using!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by 5enya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my 3rd time using this product. Having acne prone skin i think its safe to say this product is the best thing ever ! It has dried all my blemishes, and my skin always feels super soft after using... and not to mention the amazing smell!

rated 1 of 5 on 9/16/2012 8:19:00 AM More reviews by alessandra009

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This stuff smells amazing, I almost wanted to eat it! But sadly it's the worst product ever used on my skin... :( I wanted it so badly to give me at least that "glow", but nothing...
I have mixed skin, with acne problems, especially before periods. I've got this thing as a sample in a store, so I can try it out, before buying it. Thanks God! Cause when I firstly used it, my skin was a little bit softier, but the very next day it was full of breakouts and my skin really didn't like it... I've tried so many face masks and never, really never, got so much breakouts after using it just once!
This made me doubt in other masks, but I think I'll give them a try, just need to left some time pass by...