LUSH Cupcake Mask

3.6

Rhassoul Mud, Linseed Infusion, Glycerine, Talc, Cocoa Powder, Cocoa Butter, Fresh Mint, Sandalwood Oil, Vanilla Absolute, Spearmint Oil, Peppermint Oil, Perfume

on 9/2/2013 4:50:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Fine

The shopkeeper recommended Love Lettuce or Cupcake, and I chose to buy the latter because the idea of chocolate and everything sweet appealed to me. This mask however was disappointing overall. It helped a little with the oil, merely taking the shine off my face. As for blemish healing wise, there was no effect. The smell is really strong and nauseating. It doesn't smell like chocolate, but a rather gagging rubbery stench. I guess I'm not the only one since my sister always complained about smelling it from across the house. I guess I'll try Love Lettuce next.

on 8/30/2013 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Lush masks are most definatly my favorite masks to use, and Cupcake is simply delicious. This was actually the first one I had ever tried and that was seven years ago! Still love it even though my skin has changed since then. It smells incredible, of course. When rinsed off, my skin is left clean, smoothe, and bright. I usually massage it in circles when rinsing for a bit of exfoliation. Just a perfect pick me up mask when your skin feels a bit congested. I'd highly recommend.

on 8/16/2013 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I LOVE this mask. It changed my skin. I have oily/combo skin and it sucks up the grease, evens out texture and colour and makes you generally glowy. I live for this mask.

Plus, it smells like you could eat it.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is the first mask from LUSH I've tried, and I thought it'd be perfect for my skin type (combination-oily / blemished) but it really didn't do anything for me. I loved the smell of it, and it made me feel like I was at a spa. It felt nice on, but that was about it. I didn't notice any changes in blemishes or anything.. I actually prefer my clay masks from the drugstore. I might try another LUSH mask, but I wouldn't repurchase this one.

on 7/2/2013 5:51:00 PM

After a shower i applied this before bed, left for around 20 mins then rinsed off, skin felt beautiful and dry for once!.. but woke up in the morning with really oily skin :( so I've started using this 2 hours before I get ready to go out, do some ironing or whatever while you wait! but thats the way I get the best out the product! no having to use blotting paper when out, Great stuff! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

before I begin, i have a feeling i got a defective product

firstly, this does not smell like chocolate , maybe it was just mine but it smelled like honey instead.
also i have acne prone skin, and i did not see ANY results. i had high hopes for this one, im looking to try cosemetic warrior next. crossed fingers for this one !

once again maybe i got a defective one , but i would get a sample before purchasing

on 5/31/2013 4:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I adore this mask. I'm a huuuuge fan of Lush and definately a loyal customer. With that being said, Cupcake is one of my staple items that I always have to have. I think I'm on my 5th or 6th tub by now, haha. Anyways, this mask is great for people with oily-acne prone skin. Since Lush has a variety of wonderful face masks for all different skin types, I would only recommend this to people with oily or acne prone skin. If that isn't you, then definitely try something else. Trust me, there's something for you! And if you're overwhelmed with all the choices just talk to an associate. Lush has some of the greatest and helpful employees!

For me, I've noticed a decrease in the oilyness of my skin overall due to this mask. If I have a breakout or feel one coming, I'll dab this on the spot and let it sit for about 20 mins. Or if necessary, I'll apply it to my entire face. Once it dries I then wash it off, apply a toner, and then my moisturizer. My skin always looks brighter, clearer and smoother afterwards, and my blemishes usually go down in size/redness. I use multiple Lush products in my skin care routine and this is just the icing on the cake! I don't use it daily though.

(If you use Lush's Grease Lightening on spots after this mask you will see an even bigger difference in the appearance of blemishes. Such a fantastic product!)

For the price of $6-$7 you can't go wrong! Oh and the sales associates at Lush will tell you that this lasts for up to 2 weeks, but if you keep it in the refrigerator like you're supposed to you'll easily get up to a months use out of it. Holy grail face mask!

on 5/28/2013 4:37:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

Love this mask, it really smelled great but I'm not sure if it did anything to clear my breakouts. I used this every single night for 2 weeks because I have extremely oily skin that never dries out, left it on for 30 minutes and when I rinsed it off my skin felt soooo smooth. Don't think I'll repurchase because like I said, it's just a mask that smells great and makes my skin feel nice but didn't do anything for my acne which is my main problem!!

on 5/27/2013 3:47:00 PM

This is one of the best smelling lush fresh face masks for sure. It did a decent job at removing oil from my t-zone but I'm not sure how effective it is at preventing or clearing up breakouts.

on 4/26/2013 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

One of the best smelling masks I've ever tried! I'm not usually into "bakery" type smells, but this one smells really unique and delicious.

Would I buy this product again? I wish there was a "Maybe" option because I'm on the fence. Using the mask was a pleasant experience, but I don't think it worked wonders on my skin. For blemishes I think Mask of Magnaminty works better.

Popular Masks