October 21, 2014 | 2067 users online

Fragrances - Lancome - Tresor

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2011 7:49:00 PM More reviews by eky321

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tresor, trashy smell which attracts you at the beginning and then a better aroma appears and the dry down is nothing special. It is an aroma that turns you on.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2011 7:16:00 AM More reviews by MissChanel24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

As a lover of old classic perfumes i purchased this one. I have had the Tresor in Love perfume - which i really like, but the staying-power isn't that good. So i bought this perfume because its stronger and hopefully last longer.

This is a very sweet fragrance - peaches, apricots and vanilla? Its really nice. With the initial spray it will come across as too sweet, too much vanilla, and burn your nose. yes it is that strong - but the dry-down is really lovely! its very soft and romantic and intoxicating. I really like it. I will most probably only wear it on a cold day. The best part of this perfume is definitely the dry-down (about 1 - 2 hours later) so dont judge it based on the strong initial smell you get from it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2011 4:28:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I adore the impression of this scent, which is feminine but neither too flirty nor too sweet ... just right. The main notes are perfect for me -- peaches, roses, and amber.

Unfortunately, Tresor doesn't always wear well on me. I struggle with it. It's the amber, which often seems a bit too synthetic & plasticky. However, I think it's the amber which make this fragrance so special and unique. Afterall, it's an oriental, not a fruity floral.

Tresor is definitely one to try before you buy ... and I'll keep trying to wear this. One thing I do know -- Tresor is best applied as a mist walk-through because it's much too much to apply to a concentrated area of the body or (gosh forbid) to the decollete. On the surface, it seems it might be a cold weather fragrance, but I think it wears best on me in warmer weather, provided it's lightly applied.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a really sweet fragrance to me. Almost overpowering in a way. but it does smell good on others when it settles down! It is a floral oriental but it is very sweet to me at first.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2011 2:34:00 AM More reviews by maybelle

To my nose, this fragrance is very sweet. Not bright sweet like Gucci Flora, but a warm sweet. It is so sweet on me, in fact, that it is overripe. I'm not detecting the individual peach or apricot, nor am I detecting enough of the florals. It is blended together quite thoroughly, but I can't stand the sweetness. It mellows out a little into a slight powdery-creamy version of itself, where I can actually detect that pineapple note. Not bad, but not one I would really wear.

Edit: Although I'm keeping the rating, I've changed my mind about liking this one. It is growing on me, has become less sweet and more interesting.

Edit: I've upped the rating to 4 and am searching for a (preferably) vintage bottle. This works much, much better in the winter.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2011 9:25:00 AM More reviews by irmos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It was a very generous and kind gift from a very gracious long-time friend but I cannot bear this fragrance. I'm with the people who scrubbed and scrubbed to get it off. Does it ever stick. On me it's heavy, suffocating, and sickly sweet. I tried giving it to my mum who is 78 and it was a no-go for her as well. Still looking for a friend whose chemistry works with this fragrance as it's a very large bottle. I also don't like the appearance. It's too yellow/orange.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2011 5:33:00 PM More reviews by amorverdadero

I love Tresor! And not only me, it's the one perfume that ALL men I know like without a single exception. It's memorable, unique and gorgeous. Mind you, not for young girls. This is a true lady scent :-)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2011 1:02:00 PM More reviews by blplea

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I LOVE Tresor! I can easily detect its peach notes. For me, the peach notes are what give this perfume its character, and I always feel sophisticated and feminine when I wear it. It also does NOT smell ...powdery to me - I don't do powdery. As far as it being an 'old lady' fragrance, I don't get that either. It kinda reminds me of peach schnapps with a twist of feminine sophistication. Scent is SO personal - but for me, this one's a timeless classic.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:53:00 PM More reviews by jerseyvalen

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love rose scents. Most of the scents I like would be called old lady by my peers. But this is old lady to me. I don't even think it smells like a good old lady either. I wouldn't even recommend this to my worst enemy or her grandmum.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2011 8:35:00 PM More reviews by pinkmakeupgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Black

This is a very mature fragrance. I will love this fragrance, I will buy old, established fragrances, nothing new and popular again for me!