Bare Escentuals Well Rested

Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Kaolin, Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

on 10/12/2011 2:41:00 PM

Unimpressed with this product - I purchased after all the great reviews only to be dissapointed. It goes on smooth and looks great at the begining but as the day goes on it starts to look dry and cakey (worse than if I had applied no concealer at all). I tried with eye cream, without eye cream, light application, heavy application AND different brushes but the outcome at the end of the day was always the same - it started to look dry and cakey which made me look older, not well rested at all. :(

EDIT: although this product sucks for under eyes it is AMAZING for setting concealer/ having amazing coverage and lasting all day on a pimple- it is actually my HG product for that... so i added two lippies (but still not 5 lippes since that is not what this power is intended for).

on 9/24/2011 3:25:00 PM

Unfortunately, this didn't work for me. I love BE products, but I've found that I really need a creamy, MAC-type concealer for my dark undereye circles. This stuff just makes me look wrinkly and yellowish. I'm glad it works so well for other folks, though.

on 9/20/2011 9:04:00 PM

I love this! I don't have super dark circles under my eyes, but I have very fair/thin skin and you can see my blue veins. This does a fantastic job covering and the brightening seems to give my face a "lifted" appearance. It doesn't look cakey or dry at all on me, but I do keep my under eye area well moisturized.

My skin is very fair and sensitive, and often a little red looking-- I use a very (verrrry) light layer of this to set my foundation and it makes a huge difference. Even after foundation my face can look a little more red than the rest of my skin. A barely-there dusting of well rested makes my face tone match the tone of my neck/chest. Not sure how this product would work for someone with a darker skin tone (even as an under eye concealer it might be too light/bright), but it is PERFECT for my coloring.

**update: I have phased this out of my makeup routine. No complaints about it, but I discovered a different under eye concealer that I prefer, and switched to a different shade of BE foundation. So, it's just no longer part of my daily routine.

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

My "go to" product for circles under my eyes. I've been using this for years and when I'm out of it I have to reorder because I miss it too much. Foundation just isn't enough and concealer can be too muddy. This is light enough but beefy enough to even out the skin tone. This is especially important because my hair is grey which can make me look tired.

on 7/21/2011 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I fell in love with this the moment I tried it!! it covers dark circles and bags AMAZINGLY!! and its lasting power is fantastic too!! I have huge eyes, so naturally I normally have HUGE bags that accompany them, but thanks to this product I can cover them wonderfully, it has brighteners/mild highlighters in it too, so deep set eyes benefit greatly!!
This is the only under eye concealer that has EVER worked for me!! HG!!!

on 7/10/2011 5:30:00 PM

First of all, I do have to say that I do not like foundations from Bare Escentuals. I found this product though youtube and wanted to give it a try. I apply it with a Sonia Kashuk "small multipurpose powder brush" and absolutely love the result! Looks super natural & instantly brightens my eyes. Also, the new sifter jars are perfect for dispensing the perfect amount.

on 6/12/2011 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

I love this product. I first saw it on Michele1218 on youtube and was completely turned off based on how she applied it. However, I was shopping and decided to swatch it. I got a sample and loved it. I ended up going back and buying a full size (only $18!) I really do not have heavy undereye circles, but I find this product (by itself) clears those up right away. I have also used it as a powder on top of concealer and it works just as well, great to prevent creasing. I would definitely buy it again. I am NC30-35 for reference and I do not get Kim Kardashian white undereye areas with this, so similar colored girls, don't fear.

on 6/10/2011 10:59:00 AM

I have been searching for something to give me more coverage for my undereye circles, and I came across a blog where someone suggested this product. I've never used Bare Escentuals before, because I heard horror stories about mineral foundations. I went ahead and purchased it, and it's honestly the best purchase I've made in so long! I use a Sonia Kashuk small powder brush and apply under my eyes and on the lid. It is very brightening, and gives an amazing finish that lasts all day.

Yes, it works as an eyeshadow or as a brightener, great colour! (As a concealer I prefer liquids: powders settle in fine lines.)

on 4/27/2011 12:36:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This a yellow based powder concealer, and it gives the best coverage compared to anything I have ever used. I wouldn't say I have the worst under eye cirles you've ever seen or terrible darkness but once in a while I like to have that brightness under my eyes so I dig this out and apply it over my Mary Kay beige 1 concealer. I don't reach for it everyday, only for special times or when I don't wear my glasses. I have tried several brushes and nothing really seemed to work wonders until I purchased the BE Soft Focus Eyeshadow brush and I bought it strictly to use for Well Rested. I do have to use quite a bit of product to get the desired effect and after applied I think it can look a little overdone at times. It's hard for me to put into words the exact problem I have but sometimes I think I look sunburned. You know when your cheeks get burned but the skin around your eyes does not? did that make sense. Ok well anyhow I find it works better if I apply it before my blush so as not to get that look. Ok, with that said I would buy this again since I found the perfect brush and technique.

Top Rated Bare Escentuals Products