September 1, 2014 | 1999 users online

Eye Shadow - Annabelle - Haute Chocolate Trio Eyeshadow

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2006 3:53:00 AM More reviews by Jen77_love4beauty

this product is fab!! especially the darkest shade, the shimmery chocolate brown. this trio is PERFECT for doing a smoky brown eye!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2006 12:32:00 AM More reviews by Danielle_U

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I have had this shadow for awhile and haven't reviewed it because I wanted to put it to the test up against my lancome. I hate to say this but my lancome darkest brown shade in my quad does not even come close to the pigmentation in the Annabelle shadow. After much frustration with my Lancome just not showing up on me I pulled on my Haute Chocolate and thought why the heck did I ever stray from this? I have the proof now that expensive is not always the better shadow. Honestly I rather pay six dollars for a trio than 45.00 for a quad that isn't worth 45.00. Never again! I have tried many expensive brands: Clinique, Shesideo, Lancome, Elizabeth Arden, Lise Watier and not one of these has the pigmentation I am looking for nor the staying power. It is worth a try!

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2006 11:28:00 AM More reviews by chiclet

This shadow trio is gorgeous! Each shade is nicely pigmented and the texture is very silky. As others have also mentioned, the quality of this trio is better than that of MAC, IMO. I use the two lighter colours, a nude-taupe and medium greyish-brown neutral, on my lids and crease and the darkest, a dark brown with a little hint of gold flecks, as a liner. The package has a flip top, which is great, b/c I hate fiddling with screw tops.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2006 12:25:00 AM More reviews by Adele

Wow, where have I been??? I've passed by Annabelle shadows again and again and never picked them up until now. The quality is far superior to many other brands out there- I like these better than MAC, Lancome, or even Smashbox. The shades are creamy smooth, very well pigmented, and blend together seamlessly. They are so cheap! I also have picked up two othe trios, as well as some singles. I'm hooked, and quite frankly I don't think I'll be picking up any of those other brands while these are available.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2005 10:07:00 PM More reviews by sarahbeara191

This is a great shadow trio. The other reviewers have already described the shades perfectly. The colours are very subtle on my dark brown eyes, perfect for every day. I usually wear the lightest shade all over my lids, with the middle one in the creases. Sometimes I wear the middle one on my lids and the lightest on on my brow bones and inner corners as a highlighter, and then I use the darkest shade as a liner. It is a perfect liner shade. I wish this trio came with its own brush, but I don't really mind. Will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2005 2:07:00 AM More reviews by digit

Wooooooow, this stuff is nice! This is my first try with Annabelle products, and me likey. Really, really pigmented, even more so than MAC. The colours in this truly bring out the brown in my eyes, and the darkest shade is fantastic used wet as a liner. These are not your typical muddy browns- they seem to have a bit of purple or grey in them to add a little zing. Good everyday neutrals, and great buildable smokey eye stuff, too. This would be great for everyday office wear among MMM and darker ladies. I'd probably buy different shades, the quality IS top notch. I can't believe how cheap it is- I use this way more than my Stila stuff...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2005 12:35:00 AM More reviews by rosinalove11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Love the smoldering chocolates. A little bit of beige/grey, and chocolate brown w/gold sparkles.
Great trio. Good pigmentation.

Not sure if I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2004 1:42:00 PM More reviews by bella001

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I never bought an annabelle product before buying this eyeshadow trio. I didn't know anything about the quality but my dad bought my sister one as a treat so I wanted one as well =). Haute Chocolate is absolutly beautiful. Im wearing lots of brown shades with gold at this moment. The darkest colour is a deep brown with golden specks. It is highly pigmented and makes the perfect smokey eye. Highly recommended. great price. great quality. great packaging. =) I use this on a very regular basis. edit June/06: Im still in love with this colour. I only use the darkest brown colour as Im not into the others (too matt) but its so beautiful. I use it quite regularly and still haven't hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2004 3:26:00 PM More reviews by Cheapchic

Pretty trio of neutrals, two matte and one shimmery shadows in a flip top round case. This was on sale at LD for $4.68 and I had a $1 off coupon too. Can't beat this price anywhere!

I love the matte shadows and how easily they blend. and the level of pigmentation offered. The shimmery shade works perfectly as a liner. I prefer a lighter highlight on the brow bone than the matte taupe color. I think this trio would look great on all skin tones and eye colors.

I would definitely repurchase Annabelle again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/27/2004 9:39:00 PM More reviews by Obsessedwithmac2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One of annabelle's newest creations. The trios are in flip top pots, with pie like divisions (think shamshbox and old stila). All of the shadows are creamy, very easy to blend, and have excellent color payoff.

Haute Chocolate is a gorgeous, unique trio. In the pan it looks very blah, but I was surprised. The lightest shade looks matte in the pan but on it is a milky taupey mauve color w/ iridescence but not shimmer. The medium color is a greyish taupe, also the same not matte not shimmery texture. The darkest, an excellent liner shade, is a charcoal w/ a hint of brown and golden shimmer. An excellent neutral day eye look.