Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 7/23/2009 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

this=love. my dad bought me a proactiv, and proactiv seems to do nothing for me.. my grammy got me velocity and i am in love. i have been tanning so im notcing my skin is getting dry and rough.. i put this on and my skin was sooooo soft! softer then its ever been.. i have rather large pores, and my pores shrunk amazingly! lovin it!

on 7/8/2009 8:44:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really wanted to likke this but it just didn't do anything for skin. I liked the texture of it..little beads to help exfoliate and it felt clean afterwards. However, my skin was pretty oily with it in the summer and really dry with it in the winter and it didn't help clear my breakouts.

on 4/2/2009 5:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was given this and I like it. It seems to clean well and I like the smell. It is not very exfoliating and slightly drying. I have rather oily skin and my nose seems to be slightly dry since use (just in the crease). I would probably not search for it, but will continue to use the bottle. May be better for other skin types or non-daily use.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this in combination with the Velocity face moisturizer for about a year. My roommates sister bought it, but she had an allergic reaction to it (like she does everything else), and gave it to me. It wasn't something I'd normally purchase, but I quite like it actually. It doesn't dry out my skin. It doesn't leave a film on my skin. I can't say that it really does anything for me as far as exfoliation goes, but it's a decent face wash. It did help clear up some zits for me, so it would probably be great for a teen with mild acne, who doesn't have dry skin.

on 2/19/2009 12:02:00 PM

I love this product. It's very gentle on my skin and doesn't dry out my skin. (even in the winter). I was using Ponds Cold Cream and I broke out terrible. I started using this and it cleared it up right away. You only need a small amount and the price is very reasonable. So, if you have slightly sensitive skin and more prone to dry, I say give it a whirl.

on 1/21/2009 7:26:00 PM

I love this cleanser. For a while I was using Neutrogena Foaming Facial Wash and it was tearing up my skin. My skin reacts to cleansers pretty easily, my redness flares up and becomes irritated with alot of drugstore brand cleansers. I was so surprised how Velocity left my skin clean feeling, smooth, and non irritated or red! My pores were smaller as well.

ONE PROBLEM: Once the weather got really cold, my skin started flaking and became red and blotchy when I used velocity each day. So now I'm switched over to a gentler cleanser until it gets warm again.

Overall this is a great cleanser. It cleans without stripping and leaves your skin looking gorgeous. Just be careful if you're the type of person who's skin changes with the weather.

on 1/19/2009 7:29:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I found this to be a pretty good facial cleanser. It cleanses, tones, and exfoliates, and I preferred that to using three different products. My skin feels clean and fresh when I use this cleanser, and I really enjoy it! The cleanser doesn't dry my skin out or leave it all patchy-feeling, and it's a great morning cleanser!

on 1/13/2009 2:16:00 AM

This product is okay, i got it for free since my sister gave it to me. I came back from vacation and i broke out due to the pollution of the city, so my sister gave me this product. The first week everything was good .. as the weeks grew more and more it kinda stopped working
plus it dried out my skin even more and it was kinda stinging my skin at times when my skin was bad.

*note i have eczema on my face at times, so thats why it was stinging

i think it works a lot better for skins with combination and also oily skin

on 1/5/2009 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is a great cleanser, it is super gentle with no crazy ingredients so you're skin will not be irritated. It actually has a lot of natural ingredients which I like, because I am eczema prone and have super sensitive skin. My acne is at bay when i use this, and i like that it foams up so all my makeup is removed.

on 12/23/2008 4:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

The first 2 months of using this stuff,it was great!My skin felt really soft and exfoliated..a complete miracle!It took my acne away and for a real long time I didn't have to wear make-up because I loved how my face looked in the sun!

Ever since,I have kept ordering it and well,the second time I did,it didn't work all that great with my acne..it did leave my face feeling great and glowy,though.
After a while,it tends to not help with my acne which is a huge bummer because I was finally comfortable with my skin!I still use it and Im on my fifth product,but I might need something better...
I strongly recommend this for a person who doesn't breakout often or someone who wants a really nice cleanser that leaves your skin refreshed and exfoliated!

I