September 19, 2014 | 1245 users online

Pressed Powders - Clinique - Stay-Matte Sheer Pressed Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by blueyes14

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS. so, I have dry combination skin (#2 in clinique skincare), and it can get oily midday. this powder doesnt just sit there, but it actually kind of sinks in after a few minutes, and makes me look slightly dewy (big difference between dewy and oily!). I also only need a touchup around 1 o'clock, and i'm good! So many other powders make me look so cakey, and i finally broke down to fork over the $20 this powder costs at Sephora. I figured why not just take a shot? and i have found my HG powder(: SO HAPPY some people say the sponge is really bad, but i dont have a problem with it. If you do, you can get puffs at target for around $2. I also love the packaging. it looks like a classy green marbled bathroon tile, and a shiney silver botton says Clinique. Very classy, sleek, and durable. Basically, GET THIS POWDER, and you'll be very happy(:

rated 3 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:22:00 PM More reviews by dzehnie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm quite on the fence regarding this powder. The first time I bought this powder I believe was in 2006 and I fell in love with it immediately. However, when I purchased it again in 2008, my face was incredibly itchy! I remember looking at the packaging several times to be sure I purchased the correct powder. I can't remember if it broke me out, but I do remember the itch. Tried it several times in different environments and weathers but the result was the same. Wonder if the formula was changed or if I just got one with too much bismuth in it. I must admit, it did blot the oil on my face like magic + it lasted. But I wouldn't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 9:30:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Nothing at all wrong with this powder, except that maybe it's too matte. I like the sheer part, but the overall effect is kind of flat and powdery, even if I use a very light hand. I use it over liquid makeup and under a light dusting of bronzer. Without the bronzer, I look too pale (the shade I have is Stay Neutral), but I end up having two layers of powder, albeit light layers; not ideal, though. I'll keep using this because I like the way it evens everything out but I doubt I'll buy it again (it's going to last forever, though, at the rate I'm using it).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Melavia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have this in shade 02 stay neutral. My skin is light-medium with a yellow undertone. I have a really oily t-zone and my face is overall combination that is very acne-prone.

I want a pressed powder where it can keep the oil on my face at bay. I have been using this powder on and off for a few months now and I have to say I am impressed by its performance. The color is a tiny bit lighter than my natural skin tone but its coverage is really next to none so it does not wash me out or look unnatural at all.

It has been 7 hours since my initial application this morning and I still do not need to touch up yet. Although when I touch my forehead and nose, my fingertips turn out to be a bit shiny under lights. However, when I look myself into the mirror, my face is not shiny. I only have one layer of bb cream on today. When I also apply concealer on my acne scars, I usually need one touch up in the afternoon and that would be enough.

I actually quite like the package, although it is a light green color, the compact itself looks rather sleek. I appreciate the little mirror it provides. The sponge is good enough for me to apply it but I need to wash it often to keep it clean. The case is very sturdy and can be carried around easily.

I think it can last quite a long time and I will definitely repurchase it once I finish this. The only flaw it has in my opinion is it hardly has any coverage so I need to use other products first before it for a more evened skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/13/2011 1:05:00 AM More reviews by evesinkiewicz

No product made for sensitive skin should ever contain bismuth oxychloride. I'm not sure if this made me breakout, but it did cause my skin to itch and burn (as any product with bismuth oxychloride in it does). I got a zit on my forehead which was quite irregular, as I usually only get acne on my chin and jawline (from hormones which is what leads me to believe it may have been this powder). For people blessed with better skin than I, this may be an awesome product, but for me, even had it been bismuth free I would've returned it. It does cover oil definitely, but it can't be applied more than once or it starts to look cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/10/2011 4:09:00 PM More reviews by erihether

Pros:
- matches skin tone well
- mattifying
- I've never had the feeling that it caused breakouts

Cons:
- staying powder
- (this is true for most powders), but the packaging is *very* sensitive. Even a small bump will cause the the powder to shatter in the packaging, which is aggravating when there is still a lot left.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2011 10:59:00 AM More reviews by AlexandraW21

Hate this product. It makes me shiny and greasy in 30 minutes or less. Will never go back to this powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2011 6:27:00 PM More reviews by pecantan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this powder truly lives up to its name! i dont wear it alone, i use it to set my foundation.i have oily skin that is usually dripping with oil by mid-day.this powder keeps my foundation looking fresh and matte all day. i have a medium brown skin tone with yellow undertones and the shade i wear is stay honey. its very natural looking and doesnt look cakey at all. the only thing i dont like about it is that it tends to make my complexion look a little dull. however, i highly recommend this to ladies with oily skin. great oil and shine control!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/28/2011 3:08:00 AM More reviews by Leajer424

I've used this for two months. I wear this alone with no foundation, etc. I have very acne prone skin, and I don't think it breaks me out. At first it seemed like my acne got better. However, (I'm 30 and STILL trying to figure out my problem skin), I stopped using everything but a wash on my face and chest, and my chest cleared up, but my face, not so much. Either my chest just doesn't have as much of an acne problem as my face, or the fact that I use this makeup (or makeup at all) on my face and not my chest is the reason my chest does better. It does have Bismuth in it...known to irritate/cause acne. Anyway, it's not perfect oil-control-wise, but nothing is going to be on me. It stays on for the most part...I try not reapply makeup too much during the day, but blot with tissue every so often. This powder doesn't make any dry or peely skin stand out nearly as much as many other powders. It's fairly sheer, so it's doesn't "cover" much, but again, I use it alone without foundation. I like the classic flip-top compact design with mirror on the inside. It's convenient for using the mirror. There isn't a separate compartment for the poof, but it comes with a celophane disc between the poof and the makeup that I keep there for sanitary reasons. I make sure to wash the poof every so often with soap and water, and it air dries pretty quickly. I like the poof...it's convenient and applies the powder evenly. A big plus for me with this makeup is the color...I don't know why but my skin is hard to match...this makeup matched better than anything I found in Sephora or the drugstore.

Update: I've stopped using this, simply b/c I found something with simple ingredients that I like better. I'm not sure if this makeup contributed at all to my clogged pores or not.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/14/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by Juno77

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

EDIT:
They changed the formula. It has talc now, and they took out the clay. Now it breaks me out a little bit. Not a lot, but it didnt break me out at all before. (...) :S

old:
This is the only powder I've tried that doesnt break me out. It doesnt have talc, and to me thats very important. its just a basic setting powder really. Would very much reccomend to anyone acne-prone. Doesnt do much for controlling oil, but it doesnt make things worse either.

;)