August 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Highlighters - Guerlain - Les Meteorites balls powder

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 1:45:00 PM More reviews by scrimp9890

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

These little balls are so pretty. I got them, along with the brush, YEARS ago. They last a really long time, and 5+ years later, there are still some left. It's shimmery, but not too bad. I think it's the perfect amount. I never used the puff, I hate puffs and sponges. I think they're gross, so other than keeping everything inside, the puff was completely useless to me. If I had the money, yes I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2011 2:32:00 PM More reviews by Julia941

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I LOVE these. I have three of them and plan to buy more as new collections come out. The first one I bought is in the colour Mythic. It is the lightest colour and I use it almost everyday over my makeup. The smell is lovely and it gives a beautiful, soft finish that brightens my face but is neither too shimmery nor too matte. I use SK's dome brush to apply all over and a "windshield wiper" brush under my eyes to set my concealer and blend out my eye shadow. I have the darker Tient D'Ore which I use to add a little colour, like a very light bronzer. My third box is from the 2010 Holiday Collection and it has Guerlain's signature Imperial Bee on top. The colour is called Perles D'Or and it has mauve, pink, and gold beads that make it more like a blush, albeit a very light one. The colours are very subtle and I think it would be hard to over do it. Guerlain was known for its violet scented face powders more 100 years ago and they are still doing it right. Like everything else from this brand, Meteorites are expensive but they seem to last forever and look beautiful displayed on your vanity or dresser. Unnecessary but recommended.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2010 2:40:00 PM More reviews by skymovie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my HG highlighter. The color is very natural and the granule is invisible on the face. I will stick to this product in the future.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 3:33:00 PM More reviews by dcorbette

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I was stalking the Guerlain counter at Dillards just yesterday. Debating if I should buy the Extreme wear foundation for a full coverage (though I LOVE my Julie Hewett foundation). The lady at the counter told me you don't need makeup your skin is flawless (thank YOU JULIE HEWETT and I guess Philosophy's Purity facial wash cause it cuts down on the oil I produce and helps the makeup stay in place). So I looked in the mirror and I was like damn right!;-)

BUT I saw the little pearly balls of colors and remember seeing something similar to this in the Bobbi Brown line. The smell of these were glorious and so J'adore. So I asked the lady about this powder. She put on the really peach rosy one on one side of the face (I think its the Dore) and the more beige one on the other side. I WAS IN LOVE! The Dore side was perfection. It evened out my skintone and gave me this glow that looked like a soft beautiful illuminating blush in all the right areas. I couldn't believe this was powder!

I've been looking for a powder substitute for my Shiseido face powder that came in 2 or 3 different color shades... this has been the closest thing yet.

The Dore gave me a warm look to my medium dark olive skin... a nice warm glow that made me looked airbrushed and is intended for golden complexions. The Beige is intended for beige toned skin. The pink is not meant for me as its ashy almost, but is suppose to be your equivalent to translucent.... its appropriate for pink undertones.

Beige accentuated the gold that is in my skin tone, but it seemed to have lightened the skin. So this is good for those who are blonde or those who find themselves wearing a dark foundation and need to lighten it up.

For those who are pretty much happy with their complexion but just want to even it up, you could easily wear this powder as foundation alone.

CONS:
1) Its an expensive investment. But it may be an investment worth making.
2) The powder may not be finely milled as some other brands
3) There's glitter/shimmer in the powder so really you may shine only because of the glitter/shimmer and not because it has a moisturizing property to it like my discontinued Shiseido powder.
4) You might have to buy their special meteorite brush to replicate the look at the store.. but at the same time the brush is soft and doesn't tug and burn your skin.
5) There's no moisturizing agent in this powder, so your face may feel dry (that is why I loved the old Shiseido powder, it controls oil but also moisturize leaving your skin looking porcelin looking).

PROS:
1) Unlike many powders, this one gives a fuller coverage, its a corrector with uneven skin, and gives a coverage like a light mineral foundation. (Shiseido's powder couldn't do this and the new one doesn't as its translucent).
2) There is a wonderful scent to the powder that is less intense once applied but still noticeable.
3) Nice airbrush look

Unfortunately the lady sold me the wrong color (beige), so now I have to go back and get the Dore. I do enjoy this product!

UPDATE: They changed the color scheme of Dore! The old Dore had all the beautiful peaches, now they have something different in its place. But I went to Sephora and they have the Meteorites and I found Dore again, this time with more pinks and some peaches... so I bought it instead. So beware, check the tin before buying to make sure it matches what you tried in the store. With the right color hues/scheme for your skin the more you will fall in love with product. The shimmery really isn't too bad. I tried Bobbi Brown's shimmery bricks and they do not rival Guerlain's Meteorites !!!!! GM's not as artificially shimmery as BB's and as the day goes on, the GM sets in, blends in, so you really get that porceline airbrushed look and the shimmery, though very little of it, is less noticeable. Furthermore, it really doesn't rub off, its hard to rub this stuff off so the powder sets practically all day and doesn't crease and move off the face.

I'm changing it from 4 to 5 lippies when you find the right shade for you!

17 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2010 3:51:00 PM More reviews by saaborac

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this duty free on an airplane so I didn't find it too expensive then. My skin isn't really that sensitive, and my skin could handle all products I have used. I don't know what chemical this product contains, but after only 2 days, I had around 40 pimples on each cheek. They disappeared after a week when I discontinued use, but I will never try this product again.
The packaging LOOKS nice but is extremely messy. I only user powder foundation, eye shadow, bronzer, etc, so I am used to the mess but this.. You have to open it reeeeally carefully and slow if you do not want dust all over. The packaging creates some kind of vacuum so it just goes everywhere.. Regret buying this so bad.
Oh, and before I got the pimples, when I used this product, it just looked very shimmery and unnatural.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2010 5:40:00 PM More reviews by jejkim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

I finally caved and got the meteorites in Teint Dore, the darkest color that came out with the LE Summer edition. Beautiful packaging, and it does a good job of giving the skin a very natural illuminating glow/radiance. If you're having a hard time choosing a color, just brush them onto your hand or arm, then swipe it off with a tissue to see what the underlying colors are. Teint Dore is actually the best of the bunch and universally flattering. It's hard to overdo it with the formula.

This is my first Guerlain purchase and I can see why people rave about it. It's a bit tricky to figure out how much to put on, but once you do, you're skin will look a lot better. This meteorites look best in low light, indoor or evening lighting. It's almost imperceptible to the eye, which is what Guerlain was aiming for with the formula.

The smell is quite strong but it dissipates and you'll get used to it. If you're good with makeup, this will turn out to be a good staple product in your stash. It looks great on the neck, shoulders and decollete as well.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by Hothead

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love the box as funny looking as many seem to think it is. I adore the scent, as old fashioned as many seem to think it is.

This is the original skin equalizer -- perfection in a small box. It is expensive but so are most of the Guerlain products. This is definitely worth it imo.. or at least a must try as the glow it imparts on the face is so delicate and soft that it de-ages you in an instant.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by lenochka15

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been dying to try this product for a long time and finally I got it because I had a gift card to Sephora. I consider it very expensive, but oh my god it's worth it! It smells amazing! I don't agree with those reviewers who said it has an old lady smell. I actually love the smell, but it doesn't last a long time, so even if you hate it it will not be an issue. The effect is very interesting. I got it in mythic and at first I couldn't even see it on my face (my skin is very fair). However, just like a few reviewers said, wait a few hours. Your skin will become so smooth, it gives you a very nice "glowing" look without making your skin shiny or sparkly. I love this product and would definitely buy again. I think the packaging is amazing, it makes me feel good to use it. I think it will last for a long time too! I don't usually use a lot of makeup, just loose powder and blush. Now I apply Meteorites on my face after I apply powder and blush. I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/30/2009 4:52:00 PM More reviews by purrsian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I was attracted by the beautiful packaging, overall presentation and purchased it 2 months ago. I have been using the Chanel highlighters/ skin tone correctors, I have to say that this does not work as well as the Chanel ones, mainly because the powder isn't as refined and even when applied on the skin. Sometimes the powder comes off from the gold and pearly balls are coarser in size than the others and can be noticeable on skin. However, I appreciate the rosy pink colour and use it as a blush on my cheeks, it gives a very natural warm-toned pink glow that is not overwhelming.

Would consider to try the compact version.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/15/2009 11:36:00 PM More reviews by rwashecheck

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I understand I'm the only one, but I detest this.

Right from the get-go, I object. This is the most inefficient and frivolously packaged item I can imagine. It takes up most of my makeup kit. It looks like a spilling hazard. It's hard to use, because the silly little balls slide around like oiled mice.

If you get past that and actually decide to use the product, you have to deal with the smell. It smells like old ladies at a funeral. Roses, powder, and something sort of like old perfume in a musty fur. So hideous.

If all of that isn't an issue, you're left with the product itself, which doesn't do anything for my skin but leave behind a weird, powdered, made-up look.

I hate this. I'm sorry, Guerlain.