August 1, 2014 | 1517 users online

Bronzers - The Body Shop - Shimmer Waves in Bronze

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2008 7:05:00 PM More reviews by toxicsimplicity

I do not have a Body Shop in the city I live in, so when I went out of town last week for medical reasons I knew I needed to make a stop. Usually this must-stop is made for lotions or lip gloss, but the shelf facing out had this product on it and I was drawn to it like a moth to a flame. The sales girl told me about the buy one, get one half off sale, and had me try the tester on my face. She kept ranting and raving about how everyone who loves it buys it ,as well as the Shimmer Waves in blush. She tried it on me and I had a glow I hadn't found anywhere else. After she talked about how it could dub as an eye-shadow AND lipgloss with a bit of clear lipgloss, I was sold. The pricey (to me, I'm cheap) price, seemed worth the sacrifice.

I bought both and have been using them daily since. Mixed with a bit of gloss you can achieve a really nice bronze lipgloss too. I feel like a goddess when I do my eyes/cheeks/lips with this.

It has great staying power, and it awesome for contouring.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2008 5:58:00 PM More reviews by crazycatwoman

I love this bronzer and have re-purchased it twice. There are 4 shades of shimmer, in gold, brown (bronze), light pink and copper, and together they create a very beautiful bronze glow. I look naturally tan and not orange. You can also use the colours separately, for highlight, base, shadow or even eye liner. It lasts ages, so I think it is economical. The container can be a pain in the a** to open, and it takes a few practises to learn the 'technique', but I wouldn't take a lippie off because of that. To me, anything that I will re-purchase is a winner in my book!! You have to be light on the hand when applying (depending on how tan you want to look!), because this one really gives you a gorgeous glow.
I will buy this product again, although next time I am tempted to try the Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess... only time will tell!
But to anyone that is looking for a good quality bronzer, that will leave you looking healthy, radiant with a lovely glow - this is the one.
(I used to buy the Body Shop bronzer in bronze beads but found that the beads kept sticking in my brush, and falling out on the floor/down the basin!)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2008 8:33:00 PM More reviews by vanillacaramel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This product gives my skin a natural, healthy looking glow and never fails to get compliments. It's also one of those universal products that a friend will borrow, fall in love with and rush out to buy herself; it seems to flatter a wide range of skin tones & colours.

My favourite thing about it is that the stripes make it customisable - you can make it darker, lighter, more goldy, coppery etc.

I like to apply all the colours blended together and then use the gold strip as a highlighter to further define my cheekbones. The individual strips also double as eyeshadows with quite good staying power, I've done a really nice bronzed smokey eye with them.

I've had so many problems with the packaging - it's difficult to open at first, then the hinge broke (someone may have dropped it though) and ultimately it shattered and fell apart in my bag. Not fun!

All the same I repurchased & will continue to do so until I find something better.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2008 9:47:00 AM More reviews by ceciafb

I love love LOVE this stuff! It looks so pretty on and its great you can use it for a subtle, brown smokey eye effect. I love how this is the perfect amount of shimmer. Unfortunatly I had mine in my bag and the shimmer waves have all broken! =( so let that be a lesson, do NOT put this in your bag!!! Now I cant really use it for my face as it doesnt look as good. This looks quite brown but it actually gives quite a pinkish colour on cheeks, and theres one line which shouldnt be used for the eyes, it doesnt look good, but i cant remember which now mines broken! You'll probably find that you use the bottom (lightest) colour most, this is a gorgeous goldeny-sand colour which looks really pretty on eyes. Just to repeat I ADORE this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2008 2:20:00 AM More reviews by Carmen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a fabulous, peachy-brown bronzer/blush that emits a natural looking glow that is very flattering on my NC 35 skin. I love it to give me a bit more warmth, and the glow is beautiful. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Itisred

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Its difficult to add to the great reviews already here - but I'll try. Shimmer Waves are simply very impressive! I am ppp with a freckled complexion that has yellow undertones, I have red hair and hazel eyes. In summer months I use a fair to med fake tan and have trouble finding a bronzer that doesn't make me look strangely 'tangoed'. Ladies I have finally found the ONE! Although collectively they do not produce a lot of colour they add a natural, luminous 'glow' that gently enhances my 'tan' and makes me look as though I've had 12 hours sleep. The darkest wave when used alone is great for contouring and looks fabulous as an eyeshadow. The two lightest waves (which are pale peach and pale gold) look beautiful used as a highlighter when gently brushed over any of my blushers or across the brow bone. When I'm pale I add a little coral blush over Shimmer Waves for a 'pop' of colour - I'll be using this both winter and summer.

Strangely, although there is a lot of 'shimmer' I've found it doesn't show up fine lines & or make me look like a 'disco dolly'. When I go on holiday this year all I'll need is this compact with a lipgloss and mascara - Shimmer Waves are so versatile. Thank you Bodyshop I can see this compact lasting for years and its an impressive, quality product very reasonably priced (And it knocks the socks off BB's Bronze Shimmerbrick!!!!)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by KSnooks1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this bronzer, its the only bronzer Ive ever liked as Im very pale and everything else makes me look orange. I love that it can be used as a bronzer and an eyeshadow.

What I also love about this product is, that you can sweep your blusher brush over the white shimmer and brush this on your cheekbones to make them more defined, and then sweep the darker colours just underneath, which helps define them more and also give your face more of a defined shape. I also love that this feels like a very light product, so you don't feel as if you are caking your face, which is what I feel with other bronzers.

I have only given this four lippies however, as if you drop the compact, the shimmer waves will crumble and fall apart, making it unusable. However with a 10% discount at TBS you can get it for abit cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very nice! I used the whole thing and was getting ready to toss when I realized I had not yet submitted my review. I use it mostly as a blush. It gives a radiant and natural glow and is so inexpensive! Most bronzers and many browns just make my face look dull and/or dirty. This one - possibly with the help of the "shimmer" just perks up my face. I also use it with other blushes, just to "help" the color. Good staying power and an excellent product. I liked it so much that I picked up "shimmer squares", which is nice but maybe the waves are a little better match for my skin tone (fair- to light-skinned asian).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2008 8:15:00 AM More reviews by kathhh

LOVE this product.
In general, body shop stuff is nearly always excellent quality, and this is no exception.

I've never actually used this product as a bronzer - i usually just take a small makeup brush and use each of the five strips of colour as eyeshadow!
and it works beautiful. :)

the packaging is simple, but strong looking. The price surprised me at first - a tad expensive - but after purchasing and using, it becomes clear that its 100% worth it.

Definite repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:16:00 PM More reviews by marmark

Finally....my HG bronzer!!! This is the BEST bronzer I've ever used (beats all high-end bronzers I've purchased),
There is NO orange tones at all...just beautiful, sun-kissed, glowy color. I also apply shimmerwaves in rose on the apples of my cheeks...and WOW! Beautiful, glowy skin..perfect combo.
Will def repurchase.