October 25, 2014 | 1790 users online

Sunscreen - Shiseido - Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion SPF 55 PA+++ [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/7/2009 1:39:00 PM More reviews by akakris

I recently did a lot of research on MUA about which sunscreens were the best for combo/oily skin and Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion was the general consensus. I am very oily in my t-zone with drier cheeks (a little less dry now that it's summer) and also have sensitive skin. It's a tall order to find something that mattifies my t-zone without completely drying out my cheeks, and on top of that, doesn't make me break out in a rash.

I have been using this sunscreen for a couple of months now and am happy with it. Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion has a watery consistency and dries to a powder light finish, unlike those greasy, heavy sunscreens I've used in the past. It protects my skin all day and has never made me break out.

Though I wouldn't say that it keeps me matte for the entire day, I only have to re-powder my face 1-2 times during the day now, and that is a vast improvement.

I'll definitely buy another bottle once I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2009 7:30:00 AM More reviews by lovelycee

I am really impressed with this one! I have been using the mattifying spf36 in cream version and was happy with it but this one is better!
    It glides smoothly like a powder although it can make me look like a bit ghostly so I add a drop of my lrevlon iquid foundation, and everything look dewy on me. It didn't ball up or made me oily throughout the day as well which is super!
    I got this on a lovely swap and eventhough it is pricey, yes I would definitely invest in a good sunscreen that will save my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 3:48:00 AM More reviews by fruko

I have a very sun sensitive skin due to many moles on my face and body. I've been advised to use a sun blocker everyday by my doctor however all brands I've tried in the past few years failed badly making my skin -especially face- very oily / causing acnes on my nose&chin area.
    I am using this product for the last month or so and can't tell you how pleased I am with it. Very light to apply, leaves no whiteness and doesn't grease my skin. Although it is pricy I'll definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:18:00 AM More reviews by cutiejunkie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is a great sunscreen. but it's a really pricey. My mom got me this from the original Shiseido store, and the lady said this is for your body, not your face, however, I use it for my face anyways.

when i first put this on, I thought it was too greasy, but after like five minutes it dries up and is not greasy. i use this under my foundation and i love how it's so high in SPF =].

but i won't buy this again because it's really expensive, and thats not the problem, but it's such a small bottle D=

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2009 12:31:00 AM More reviews by littledebbie105

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a month now. It's very lightweight, not greasy, and doesn't leave a white residue. I really like the scent...does not have a sunblocky smell. I love how my foundation applies over it, makes a great primer. On days that I don't use foundation I will apply it under my translucent powder and my skin looks very smooth. I won't leave my house without applying it. It is definetly expensive but personally I think it's worth every penny. UPDATE 12/31/09: This little bottle has lasted me longer than any other sunblock I have used! I have been using it religiously EVERY single day since I bought it (approx May 2009) and today I barely finished it! (ALMOST 7 MONTHS!) Still think the quality is awesome, already re-purchased, super happy. I highly recommend.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2009 4:18:00 PM More reviews by agusia212

I wanted to like this sunscreen sooo bad. I'm desperate for a product with decent PPD, this is about 8, lightweight and non-greasy. Well, this product fits the bill. It is quite runny, but in a good way it's easy to spread. It dries to a nice matte finish and makeup glides beautifully over it. However, just like with a few other sunscreens I tried, my face was tingling, itching and burning when exposed to the sun. Thankfully, I just received a sample.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/23/2009 12:44:00 PM More reviews by skymovie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I began using this sunscreen since last week. I am satisfied with this product because it didn't cause any break out and I didn't feel uncomfortable after applying it. And it did last for a whole day and there was not any white spot left on my face . Since the effect of protecting me from the sun can not be seen obviously, I dare not say that it is an excellent sunscreen but I believe that it can do the basic job very well.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2009 10:15:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

my primer & s/s all in one...keeps my oilies at bay (may have to blot once, if i do).....keeps my foundation from oxidizing...good sun protection....for $40...ya, its pricey but its a multipurpose product for me so im happy

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2009 10:22:00 PM More reviews by ozzyp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After reading the reviews on here, I decided to go buy this sunscreen yesterday. I have very oily skin so I never wore sunscreen. I always hated the way most of them would make my face look and feel. I would normally be a greasy mess by the end of the day. However, over the past few years, I have noticed that my skin has become much darker. People always tell me that my skin is not what it used to be and that my complexion is dark. This worried me and realized that it may be due to the sun. Since I live in Texas, it becomes HOT and I can feel the sun burning my skin all the time. Well all I can say is that I am soooo glad that I bought this. Today, my skin felt a lot less oily and it did not feel heavy at all. I LOVE IT! It is a bit runny but I am glad it is because anything thicker would make my face oily. I love it so far and will edit again once I've used it for a few weeks. Hopefully, by then I will know if it really helps maintain my skin tone or not.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/10/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by lt1091

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I've used this sunblock for more than 4 years. It's one of THE BEST sunblock out there. Its goes on light, doesn't leave skin oily, at the same time doesn't dry skin out. I have very sensitive and dry skin. It works wonderfully for my skin. Greatly recommended!!!. Whether you have dry, oily, combo, sensitive....give it a try. You'll love it!! ^_^