November 27, 2014 | 1337 users online

Body Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Sugar Cane Body Polish

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2005 10:42:00 PM More reviews by browneyedelise

I love this stuff. It's really gritty, and I apply it to dry skin for the maximum exfoliating power. Since I like to ensure total allover smoothness, I tend to go through body scrubs like mad, which makes the ten-dollar price tag more bearable than the twenty-dollar price tag of my former favorite scrub, Bath and Body Works' Tutti Dolci Body Buff. But this product is way better anyway, because it has almost all natural ingredients and I love the smell and formulation. It's very sticky, but I can live with that. I use my Origins A Perfect World body lotion or Curel Ultra Healing after I exfoliate with this, which leaves me pretty slippery, but the next day my skin is intoxicatingly soft (as my boyfriend would say to me).

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2005 3:40:00 PM More reviews by ambre76

This my HG body-polish now. Easy to use, smells sweet, leaves skin velvet-smooth, hydrated and yummy. Very spa-like experience! This jar and other Alba products also look very nice in my bathroom.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2005 5:32:00 PM More reviews by muisfun

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an excellent scrub that seems to have the perfect balance of oil and sugar. It never feels too greasy or too harsh. I find this product to be a real treat and am already on my 3rd jar. This is from someone who tires easily of products and works very hard to finish one without trying something different. This Alba scrub has become a staple that I look forward to using. Oh, I forgot to mention that I find the scent heavenly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Kat2004

Mmmmmm...this smells soo good! and it exfoliates quite gently. Doesn't leave a greasy film on skin either. I think I might like the Salt scrub better though because of the reviews on MUA it seems that it might be a little more scrubby. I'll review that one next.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2005 11:23:00 PM More reviews by ceruleanbl85

i love the way this stuff smells, which is pretty much all that is needed to sell me on thie product. but also, compared to other body scrubs i've tried, it's less abrasive on my sensitive skin, yet still does a good job exfoliating. will rebuy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by 212010533

I tried this because of it's reviews. I like the scent when you apply it but the smell doesn't last very long. My skin is soft but I don't have dry skin normally. I am going to try a couple other items before I go back to this.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2005 4:06:00 PM More reviews by LuckyinLove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! I had the Origins Ginger Scrub before, and I used to like it, but this one is just awesome. I think the granules are just the right size, it is just oily enough without being greasy, and smells nutty and sweet.
I bought it at Target for about $11.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/25/2005 5:38:00 PM More reviews by mountain_blue

I hate to write a negative review of this scrub as I love most of the Alba Hawaiian line and especially the sea salt scrub. I have to admit this has a wonderful fragrance and the scrubbing quality is above average, however it was just way too greasy and I had to wash two times with soap to get rid of the residue which defeats its moisturizing properties. The sea salt scrub on the other hand leaves behind just a little oil and leaves my skin feeling clean, soft and refreshed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2005 2:33:00 PM More reviews by sienna0202

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This stuff ROCKS!!! It's the only scrub I go back to time and time again. When Henry's had them on sale I stocked up!! Try it! You will not be disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2005 8:39:00 PM More reviews by MedeaCat

I'm another one who really likes this product, especially compared to many of the salt scrubs out there. I don't find it leaves any sticky residue, and the smell remind me of maple syrup. I use it with one of those scrub gloves to increase the exfoliating power. Definitely will repurchase!