August 30, 2014 | 1744 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmers - Rhubarb

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2010 12:09:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm not a big fan of the Burt's Bees products I've tried, but this is a winner! Great cool medium pink shade, feels good on the lips, moisturizes, lasts a fair amount of time and leaves a pretty stain when it wears off, comes in a stick instead of a pot, and it's cheap! This blows Korres

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by iMandiixD

moisturizing and the color is great and natural. very few caking problems.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/7/2010 9:04:00 PM More reviews by HCoco

I have this in another colour, i did like it at first, kinda has a minty smell n cooling feeling, but dries on my lips n makes them kinda chapped. I only use it on top of my lipstick now, but overall it looks good, very shimmery.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by RMutt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have a bunch of these lip balms and I love this colour. In fact, it's always sold out in every store that I've looked in. I find it goes on well, moisturizes, stays put, and the colour (rhubarb) is a nice bright plummy pink - good for those who like a little purple or mauve in their lipstick. Good value for the money. Nice sweet minty scent. I have found the other colours to be too shimmery (peony, watermelon....) with less colour payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2010 3:46:00 PM More reviews by rebeccakay

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My sister actually recommended this and it's the perfect natural looking color for me! I throw a little clear gloss over top if I want to "jazz it up" for going out and it looks just as good as the more expensive brands.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2010 12:17:00 AM More reviews by gorbe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color looks horrible on me! I guess it's possible to look good on some people, perhaps someone with a very dark skin color, or someone who is not concerned about having a bright reddish purple (hard to describe) color on their lips. I cannot stand it, and I find the consistency to be annoying, too. Thick and glittery.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2010 4:13:00 PM More reviews by alaintrain22

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This entire line is great. Smells good, soothing, and very pigmented. Down side is it's often sold out : ).

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2010 3:09:00 PM More reviews by fuzzywuzzywuzabearbuthadn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm sad that this product isn't more popular! For me, it is the perfect MLBB!

For reference: I am a dirty blonde with dark hazel eyes and a bisque-to-beige skintone with warm-to-olive undertones. I think have pretty pigmented lips, although I'm not entirely sure.

How I Apply: Just lightly sweep it on! Very easy.

Price: $4.99 at my local CVS. Not the best price, considering how much product you're (not) getting! Not terrible though.

Packaging: Not the prettiest. Bright yellow with writing. I like the colored cap that indicated the color inside, even if it's not super exact. No physical malfunctions though.

Color: Very hard to describe, as seen by the variety of descriptions in these reviews. I would say it is a bright magenta-red, but not overly so. I cannot see any shimmer, let alone "chunky glitter". Pretty true color, maybe some blue undertones, but not overly so. Very MLBB on my pigmented lips. The perfect red.

Pigmentation: Pretty pigmented. I apply it fairly sheerly, but I'm sure others could make it full coverage.

Finish: Slightly glowy, healthy lips, like right after you apply lip balm. Not too glossy and definitely not frosty or streaky.

Texture: Less waxy than Burt's Bees other balms. Quite smooth, but not overly so.

Staying Power: Stains for a fairly long time, I'm not exactly sure how long.

Smell: Delicious signature Burt's Bees peppermint :D

Other Notes: Makes an excellent cheek stain too. Pretty moisturizing on lips, about as much as a Burt's Bees Lip Balm.

Buy It Again: Definitely! It's fairly cheap and very natural. Great for everyday.

Summary: Loved the color, staying power, smell, ability to become a cheek stain, texture, finish, and pigmentation. Not so crazy about the packaging. Overall, I give it 4.5 stars.

EDIT 6/8/10: I really, really love this stuff. Easy and subtle enough to apply in public, not messy like lipgloss, cheap, great for all seasons. Might be my HG lip product!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by KattyKit

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I purchased this on a whim the weekend before last and I LOVE it!

I was not expecting so much color! These are really pigmented and for the price, you can't go wrong. They may not be as moisturizing as I would like, but I do have very dry lips to begin with. I apply this for the color and the fact that, while they don't necessarily help moisturizer my lips, they definitely do NOT dry them out like a lipstick might. The shimmer may be a bit much, but it is called a "lip shimmer" so there's fair warning. Very good product, will repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/22/2009 11:01:00 PM More reviews by Rabiad

This is a really nice moisturizing lip balm. Love the colour, its very pretty water melon pink!! It tingles a bit, but I like it esp in the summer a very cooling effect!!
Its just a bit small compared to other balms.