November 23, 2014 | 1942 users online

Lip Treatments - Sephora - Operation Smile Lip balm

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2003 5:44:00 PM More reviews by Ariella4ever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i might buy this again, proceeds are donated to a good cause, but it really just feels like petroleum jelly in a slick silver tube.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2002 4:22:00 AM More reviews by sanrosee

I purchased this item when an SA mentioned that the profits go towards charity...but I guess I should have tested it first. It seemed to moisturize my lips well and it imparted some shine. But there's something strange about it: my lips became numb within a couple of minutes of wearing it. This is such a great idea for Sephora, but they need to change the formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2002 5:39:00 PM More reviews by JenLim

When i first tried this, i was amazed at how creamy and shiny it went on. It just glided on and left my lips feeling very moisturized. It also is only five dollars for a .5 oz which is a lot compared with drugstore lipbalms. It has sweet almond oil, squalene, wheat germ oil, vitamin e, n some other nice moisturizing oils. Also, all profits go to a children's aid organization that gives reconstructive face surgery.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/14/2002 8:32:00 PM More reviews by Lollipop

Yuck!!! Horrible smell and taste. It also had "numbing" effect like other reviewers stated. Love that it goes to charity, however this is a horrible lip balm.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2002 6:47:00 PM More reviews by hirondelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Such a good cause, such a bum product for me. 2nd the reviewer with the numb lips - I'll stick with Kiehls & write an Operation Smile check separately.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2002 7:22:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is a great lip balm. It goes on clear and makes my lips look shiny and adds moisture.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2001 10:33:00 AM More reviews by donnaellen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I purchased this product in NYC at Sephora and used it immediately. I also immediately wiped it off. My lips were numb and the flavor was gross. I swapped it for something I could use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2001 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dana

I love this lipbalm! It's highly moisturizing with a subtle taste of cherry to it. This definitely gives Kiehl's a run for the money! Also, all the proceeds go to charity, so indulge guiltlessly!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/11/2001 2:28:00 PM More reviews by jen3030

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I give this product a 4 b/c it supports such a great cause, but I think it smells HORRIBLE. I even had some of my friends smell it and they agree. It's hard to describe the smell, but it is not very pleasant imho.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2001 12:17:00 PM More reviews by ziebam

This is a nice lip balm, similiar to Kiehl's as the main ingredient is petrolatum in both. This one isn't as thick though and seems more shiny to me. I like it though and use it frequently. Plus, profits go to charity so you cant go wrong!