Sephora Operation Smile Lip balm

2.9

I purchased this item when an SA mentioned that the profits go towards charity...but I guess I should have tested it first. It seemed to moisturize my lips well and it imparted some shine. But there's something strange about it: my lips became numb within a couple of minutes of wearing it. This is such a great idea for Sephora, but they need to change the formula.

When i first tried this, i was amazed at how creamy and shiny it went on. It just glided on and left my lips feeling very moisturized. It also is only five dollars for a .5 oz which is a lot compared with drugstore lipbalms. It has sweet almond oil, squalene, wheat germ oil, vitamin e, n some other nice moisturizing oils. Also, all profits go to a children's aid organization that gives reconstructive face surgery.

Yuck!!! Horrible smell and taste. It also had "numbing" effect like other reviewers stated. Love that it goes to charity, however this is a horrible lip balm.

Such a good cause, such a bum product for me. 2nd the reviewer with the numb lips - I'll stick with Kiehls & write an Operation Smile check separately.

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a great lip balm. It goes on clear and makes my lips look shiny and adds moisture.

I purchased this product in NYC at Sephora and used it immediately. I also immediately wiped it off. My lips were numb and the flavor was gross. I swapped it for something I could use.

I love this lipbalm! It's highly moisturizing with a subtle taste of cherry to it. This definitely gives Kiehl's a run for the money! Also, all the proceeds go to charity, so indulge guiltlessly!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I give this product a 4 b/c it supports such a great cause, but I think it smells HORRIBLE. I even had some of my friends smell it and they agree. It's hard to describe the smell, but it is not very pleasant imho.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This is a nice lip balm, similiar to Kiehl's as the main ingredient is petrolatum in both. This one isn't as thick though and seems more shiny to me. I like it though and use it frequently. Plus, profits go to charity so you cant go wrong!

What a great product! All proceeds from this go to charity--currently it's the NY disaster relief fund. Lovely lipbalm, lovely concept.

Popular Lip Treatments