December 19, 2014 | 1463 users online

Styling Products - Bumble & Bumble - Styling Lotion

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2008 11:38:00 PM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The hairdresser sprayed this on my hair after Tonic Lotion. The blowout looked fabulous and lasted 6 days (a cold front came though East FL). I bought travel sizes and used them when the humidity was back up. I got past no more than 2 days before my halo frizz showed up. I tried Styling Lotion to straighten my bangs during another recent cold front and it worked great on its own. I'm going to exchange Tonic Lotion for Defrizz in hopes of better control in humid weather.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2008 10:54:00 AM More reviews by tjrenee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite hair product!!!!!! I go back and forth trying lots of different shampoos, conditioners, etc. but this spray works like nothing else on my hair. I have fine, straight blonde hair. I find that if I use mousse my hair will look to stiff and if I use nothing it will go flat. This spray is the best! I spray it in my damp hair and blowdry. It gives me more volume and it looks like I have no styling products in my hair! The major drawback is that like all b&b products it is very expensive. I am willing to spend the money on this because it is the only product of b&b that I use.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/11/2008 More reviews by chesney

Update: Like all Bumble products I've tried this ended up disappointing me. My hair started drying out.
I rated this highly because it does what it's supposed to, unfortunately I think I may be sensitive to it. My hair looks shinier & it was damaged and dull so that's a plus. It's also much smoother, it really cut down on the frizz. I'm not crazy about the smell but it doesn't bother me once it dries. The cons are the price and possible sensitivity. I've had an itchy scalp on and off since I used it this afternoon but I also used vo5 shampoo which I don't remember having a problem with in the past. Either way this is a good product but I'm unsure if I'll be able to keep using it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by CSR

I really like this product. I have fine, short hair. I have tried many different products in the attempt to bring lasting fullness to my hair, most the time with no success. This product, however, leaves my hair soft and touchable, but with quite a bit of bounce. I am outdoors quite a bit, and it holds up to the different elements upstate NY brings. I will definately buy again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2008 7:56:00 AM More reviews by diggity

This might be my favorite B&B product! This is a lightweight spray product that I use in a variety of ways: as a pre-blowdry lotion, as a heat protectant before using a curling iron or flat iron, and as a finisher/frizz killer on styled hair. I know this used to have a drying alcohol in the ingredients, but the last time I purchased, I noticed this was gone from the ingredient list. Not sure if it has been reformulated or tweaked, but I'm not complaining. As with other spray products, I tend to have a tough time spreading it evenly on my hair. Thus I spray on hands first and then run hands through the section of hair I am going to be styling. This method works very well.

For reference, I have thin, fine, naturally curly hair that I often smooth or straighten. I'm not sure if this product would work as well on thicker hair. It seems very lightweight to me. I also enjoy the scent, which I would describe as the classic B&B smell. I'm not sure how to describe it exactly, but I find many other B&B products (including some shampoos and conditioners) to be similar. All in all, this is a versatile product that I highly recommend. I only knocked it one star because I do need to use another product on my hair, usually an anti-frizz serum on wet hair. This can't quite do everything, but it's close. Worth the expensive price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2008 10:28:00 AM More reviews by mm2015

I have straight asian hair and in the heat and the humidity, nothing usually will hold my curl (I use hot rollers). The B&B styling lotion works great to hold my curl without making it hard and crunchy. You can still run your fingers through it but the curl will hold for about 9 hours through heat and humidity. I LOVE this stuff! Also, I don't need to use hairspray when I use this.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by kellbelle85

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm still reeling from the price of this ($25... um... hello?). I was seduced by the smell and the promise of light, nonsticky hold in my very fine hair... fully intended to take it back, given my shelf of eight billion styling products. But I didn't. Am using it every day and loving it. I spritz it on after I blow-dry and before I use the curling iron, and something in it works. Banishes flyaways (amazingly), holds curl, makes hair soft and shiny, but not flat. So far so good. Would probably not repurchase due to price, but makes my hair feel so good I keep running my fingers through it. So the jury's still out. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2008 3:31:00 PM More reviews by racheroonie

I really like this product so far. I've used it twice and with great results. It really holds my hair straight before I use the flat iron. Supposedly it also helps with protecting the hair from heat. It doesn't make my hair feel crispy or hard, it just enhances it. It also looks a lot shinier with it. Really like this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/11/2008 12:14:00 AM More reviews by champagnekissxox

Great product! I have long (bra-strap length), straight, thick hair and this styling lotion has worked wonders for me. Without it, my hair refuses to hold a curl and goes flat (due to it's length and thickness). This styling lotion gives me volume, helps hold a curl or straightening, and gives my hair a bit of texture so it stays put after styling. A bit expensive, but highly recommended!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/27/2007 9:19:00 PM More reviews by Rachey

Made my hair sticky and did not work well for me at all. I have medium/fine hair and only use a dryer and round brush. This did not hold a curl and was hard to manage the blow out, glad I only purchased the small travel size. No worth the money