October 25, 2014 | 1787 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Clinique - Repairwear- Intensive Eye Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 3/23/2010 11:04:00 AM More reviews by geroithe

got a sample for this product, thinking that i should start protecting my delicate eye area as i approach my mid-20s. but boy was i rudely shocked with how it stang my eyes, and caused small little white bumps under my eyes. the bumps got dry and flaky. would definitely not recommend this to anyone.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by Journey03

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wanted to look for a cheaper alternative to my Lemer eye concentrate so I decided to try repairwear. I like the creamy, thick consistency and it seems to "brighten" up my eyes and make me look more awake. I use eye cream more of a preventative measure (i'm 34 and i am lucky enough to not have any wrinkles yet) and have been using it religiously since I was 21. I don't have any puffies or dark circles so I think this cream for anti wrinkles works best for my skin concerns. I don't think it will work well for people with deep set wrinkles or super dark circles, but it works well for me. I will continue to purchase. It sure beats paying $190 for le mer!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/12/2010 10:47:00 AM More reviews by andreabean0929

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like this eyecream. It is a bit expensive but alittle goes a long way. I've been looking for a good eye cream because I've noticed some smile lines by my eyes that were still showing when I'm not smiling and that was really bugging me because I'm only 24! So I decided to try this repair wear and after the first night of using it my little smile lines were hardly showing up when I looked at in the mirror in the morning! I couldn't believe it. I've only been using now a couple days and I love the results I've been seeing. I will update in the future if I get any negative reations to it (I hope not) The only thing is be careful around the eyes because I got some in my eye one day and it stung and was watering like crazy for a few mins but other than that I love it.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 5:50:00 AM More reviews by lilmisssunshine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My eyes sting when I apply this (maybe I apply too close to my eye balls, whatever). But this product helps with NOTHING. and it was ridiculously expensive (and it's only Clinique!). It doesn't do anything with my fine lines, dark circles, or puffiness for that matter. My fine lines were more visible after using it for a week!

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2009 3:56:00 PM More reviews by Toijee

I bought this a The Cosmetics Company Store outlet and I've liked my Clinque cleanser, toner, gel lotion set, so I tried the repairwear eye cream. I've been waking up with puffy eyes, so I wanted something to wear at night to help the skin around my eyes stay moisturized. I read that the repairwear eye cream was getting good ratings, so I tried it.

I got a horrible allergic reaction. I'm not sure what it was, or maybe because I bought it at an outlet store. I got dry itchy patches below my eyes. I exchanged it for the Origins Youthtopia eye cream. Hopefully it's more natural and won't cause another allergic reaction. (FYI, The Cosmetics Company Store doesn't do returns, only exchanges or store credit).

I will never buy it again, I wanted to warn people because I've never had an allergic reaction to any product before this.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/7/2009 9:32:00 PM More reviews by ccempron09

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

it might just be me and my skin, but i had a horrible allergic reaction to this eye cream!!!!

I will say when i used this, it definitely made a difference right away. after my initial application, my dark circles became less visible and my eye area was very moisturized.

however, i can't say anything about results after long term use considering i had to stop using this product after a week. within three days tiny, pimple-like bumps formed directly under my lower lashline. i thought they this would simply go away, but it only got worse. my under-eye began to swell and an itchy rash formed in addition to more tiny bumps. after i stopped using the eye cream, the reaction slowly went away. i was very disappointed with clinique since they have marketed themselves as hypoallergenic. i love clinique and i have never had a problem with allergies using their products. but if you have sensitive skin, i would stay away from this eyecream. i will not be repurchasing.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/19/2009 8:34:00 PM More reviews by pureskin

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this at Sears. The first thing that I didn't like about it was the packaging. It came in a container where you had to stick your finger in the cream to get at it. I think eye creams hold their integrity better in a squeeze tube. This cream left my eye area shiny looking. It did nothing for me, but irritate my eye area. Will not buy again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/31/2009 7:17:00 AM More reviews by redkitten

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I loveee Clinique skin care products,but this is worse ever.I buy it coz i had the wrong ideea this is a basis moituriser for eye area,but is not.Is coming in a jar,texture cream-gel.Just after applying was irittating my eyes for first time.By night time i woke up with tears and i had to wash my face,it was very bad.Second time i apply it with some precautions,the scent make me sneez but i was hopping for some nice results thinking that first time was my fault.The cream is getting absorbed quick and i noticed white casts and some residues.In morning my skin under eyes were red,itittated and awefful white residues filled in wrinkles around eyes.i had few days to apply only natural oils and wash with tea,i was very burn-irittated
It is a very bad prods and expensive.is not a basic moisturiser coz the texture is prety dry.it could work for someone with normal skin under eye (mine was very dry) someone around 25 with no wrinkles only with dark circles.I say this becouse when i apply the cream was getting absorbed quick with mat finish but some white cast.After i used 2weeks i had the crazy ideea to test it on face to see how much is moiturising the skin and surpise,after absorbing the skin was so very dry that i was feeling thight and i couldnt smile.This prod was not good for anything..i put it directly in garbage,it was the most expensive "garbage ever"Dont waste your money..AAER is the best

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2009 9:28:00 PM More reviews by andToto2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Another eye cream tried, another eye cream that didn't impress me. Moisturized ok, nothing special. Repair? I don't think so. After finishing the jar, I noticed no difference in fine lines at all. I found it a little irritating to my eyes. Some burning and stinging.

Not worth the price for me at all. I get better results with Vaseline.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/28/2009 7:10:00 PM More reviews by JennLovesYou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this from grandmother, who probably picked it up as a GWP, as it's a sample size. I really don't know if it's improved my eye areas, considering that I'm 24 and don't have a lot of visible aging or damage to my lids or under eye regions. What it does is assure me that I'm using something that only serves to help the skin around my eyes recover from any damage they may sustain, and considering how often I rub, scratch, or don't remove eye make up in a timely fashion, this brings me peace of mind. It's very gentle, and has a smooth texture that makes it fun to apply. The scent is really nice as well. The fact that Clinique does not have a published list for this product concerns me, and I even just finished a Live Chat with an online consultant who only listed a few (soy and RNA). I'm looking for something that not only helps my eyes repair themselves, but something that help improve the general appearance. Collagen and Q10 are critical in preserving the delicate eye areas, and by the consultant's own admission, the product does not contain Q10. She said that it only gives your eyes energy to repair itself, and to increase collagen production, without actually providing any collagen on its own, or so I've assumed. If it did contain collagen, she would have come out and said that since I specifically asked about it. All in all, it's a nice starter cream for someone in their mid-twenties and has money to blow on an eye treatment (nearly $40 for a half ounce!), but, I think there are better products out there that cost less.