August 29, 2014 | 1816 users online

Gels/Soaps - LUSH - Sea Vegetable Soap

rated 2 of 5 on 7/7/2008 4:13:00 AM More reviews by Xdevilisious

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

To keep things short: this is just an ordinary soap with a nice scent. It also has a side which you can scrub with, although with me this side was gone after a few uses so don't buy it for that.

If you have a normal skin and you love this smell you can buy it all you want, if you have sensitive skin or dry skin (like me) I don't recommend this stuff. Just like ordinary soaps this dries you out.

Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2008 2:34:00 AM More reviews by kahaluumauka4

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish they would somehow glass case these bulkie soaps,(and leave out small portions size for sniffing) i hate to see many hands touching this soaps, they shouldnt leave them exposed, but Somehow I fell in love with this Vegetable soap, it lathers great, scent is not much, but at least it cleans GENTLY and made my whole body feel soft and CLEAN!!!!!And THIS soap or glycerin or whatever the Ingredients is in there bar didnt cause me No irritations at all!!! EXCELLENT PRODUCTS, i will for sure buy this again!!!!!!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2007 2:02:00 AM More reviews by jesibella

This was my first LUSH purchase. While I'm intrigued by the brand and its other products, I will not purchase this particular soap again.

I specifically asked the SA to help me find a soap for dry, sensitive skin. After pointing me toward several different lotions and bath bombs (even as a LUSH virgin, I was pretty well aware these things were not soap), I finally gave up and grabbed the smallest cut of this particular soap and took it up top the check out. The SA confirmed that it would be moisturizing and just lovely for my skin type.

Needless to say, Sea Vegetable is not the LUSH soap for me! It is not moisturizing at all and has given my delicate winter-destroyed legs a *lovely* little rash. Charming.

That being said, I still give this soap 1 lippie for quality, as i still cannot give it a *zero*, as an option!

I liked the lime and lavender, sweet tangy scent and thought it smelled very much like my memories of the ocean. It is not the men's deodorant- Cool Water cologne, plastic scent stereotype of the beach and I loved that.

I also liked to use this soap as a daily pedicure touch-up. I would use the salt-embedded edge to make sure I would not develop callouses. It worked fairly well but I have far better, and more cost effective, daily pedi-care products so I do not want to repurchase this one for that purchase.

I wanted to give the packaging a zero as it does not exist. I am happy about that, as the bag it comes home is recyclable but couldn't justify giving it an actual rating.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2007 3:18:00 PM More reviews by littlemiss2k

Absolutely love this, possibly my favourite soap ever!! It leaves me feeling fresh and clean and I love the smell of the ocean that it leaves. Have and will continue to repurchase. Leaves the bathroom smelling great too!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 11:20:00 AM More reviews by ekelur

I got this bar from lush.com, and I didn't get any seaweed. Boo hoo. Either way, the bar still smells like lemony/lavendery/oceany/herby goodness, lathers well, and isn't drying. I seem to recall it lasting longer than the other LUSH soaps I've tried.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by camillacamilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

While this smelled pretty nice in the wrapper, once I wet it and began to get a tiny bit of lather....EWWWWW! It smelled BAD. I read other reviews and they mention sea breezes and lemons..well mine smelled like rotting grass, with something that smelled like sage thrown in for good measure. It also failed to produce much lather at all, much less than a typical bar soap. Once I was out of the bath.....into the garbage bin it went. Will never, ever, ever buy this smelly mess of rotten seaweed again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/24/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by mitulove

I love how this looks, and how it smells initially. It's very drying though, and the smell disappears. The bar also does wierd things as it ages.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 7:22:00 AM More reviews by katisha

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

As with the Honey I Washed The Kids soap, it leaves skin clean and scented. It smells fresh and the blue colour looks really cool. :) As with most soaps, it is more drying than a soap-free body wash but probably less so than other soaps. I find it expensive but buy it sometimes still, for the scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2007 10:26:00 AM More reviews by theminx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

One of my favourite Lush soaps! This sky-blue translucent bar is topped with dried seaweed and smells exactly like a salty sea breeze to me. Has a distinct citrus scent which makes this wonderfully refreshing. Lathers nicely, rinses off with no film and leaves skin lightly scented. As with all my Lush soaps, I store place this on a soapdish with drainer holes in a well-ventilated area after each use to help it dry out - it helps to prolong the usage somewhat.

Ingredients: Propylene Glycol, Water (Aqua), Sodium Palm Kernelate, Atlantic Sea Salt Crystals (Sodium chloride), Sodium Stearate, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Arame Seaweed (Eisenia arborea), Glycerine, Lime Oil (Citrus aurantifolia), Lavender Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Seaweed Absolute (Fucus vesiculosus), Sodium Chloride, EDTA, Tetrasodium Editronate, *Citral, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume, Colour 42045.

continued >>

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2007 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This soap was not all that. It smelled like the ocean....i guessss??? Not much of a scent at all. It smelled like...soap. I liked the color that's about it. Not moisturizing at all...kinda dried me out. Didn't lather well neither. Don't love it..don't hate it .. will never buy it again =(