LUSH Sea Vegetable Soap

3.3

on 2/3/2009 7:34:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

Love the smell of this soap. It reminds me of tropical sea air...and not the touristy kind with the smell of coconut tanning out..no, this smells simply like a warm, caressing, breeze by the ocean.

If you like the smell of rotting sea kelp baking on the beach on a warm summer day, then you will like this soap. I personally hate it because it reminds me of going shore diving and this smell tends to trigger me to get sea sick. It seems to last a long time though and lathers up okay. The bits on the edge of sea stuff is disgusting to me and it makes me feel dirty opposed to clean, since this is the stuff you tend to wash OFF you after spending a day at the beach. I don't know, maybe those that aren't nearby the ocean may appreciate this soap more than me, but I won't be repurchasing -- I almost threw it out the first day I tried it but stuck it out to see if my views would change. They didn't.

on 8/15/2008 8:12:00 PM

Not a good scrub.... its too hard!(the sea weed feels more like twigs)
and the soap part is very tight and filmy feeling.

but alot of men seem to like the smell and feel SOOO ill be passing this one on to which ever guy will admit to liking it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

To keep things short: this is just an ordinary soap with a nice scent. It also has a side which you can scrub with, although with me this side was gone after a few uses so don't buy it for that.

If you have a normal skin and you love this smell you can buy it all you want, if you have sensitive skin or dry skin (like me) I don't recommend this stuff. Just like ordinary soaps this dries you out.

Won't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I wish they would somehow glass case these bulkie soaps,(and leave out small portions size for sniffing) i hate to see many hands touching this soaps, they shouldnt leave them exposed, but Somehow I fell in love with this Vegetable soap, it lathers great, scent is not much, but at least it cleans GENTLY and made my whole body feel soft and CLEAN!!!!!And THIS soap or glycerin or whatever the Ingredients is in there bar didnt cause me No irritations at all!!! EXCELLENT PRODUCTS, i will for sure buy this again!!!!!!!!

on 12/27/2007 2:02:00 AM

This was my first LUSH purchase. While I'm intrigued by the brand and its other products, I will not purchase this particular soap again.

I specifically asked the SA to help me find a soap for dry, sensitive skin. After pointing me toward several different lotions and bath bombs (even as a LUSH virgin, I was pretty well aware these things were not soap), I finally gave up and grabbed the smallest cut of this particular soap and took it up top the check out. The SA confirmed that it would be moisturizing and just lovely for my skin type.

Needless to say, Sea Vegetable is not the LUSH soap for me! It is not moisturizing at all and has given my delicate winter-destroyed legs a *lovely* little rash. Charming.

That being said, I still give this soap 1 lippie for quality, as i still cannot give it a *zero*, as an option!

I liked the lime and lavender, sweet tangy scent and thought it smelled very much like my memories of the ocean. It is not the men's deodorant- Cool Water cologne, plastic scent stereotype of the beach and I loved that.

I also liked to use this soap as a daily pedicure touch-up. I would use the salt-embedded edge to make sure I would not develop callouses. It worked fairly well but I have far better, and more cost effective, daily pedi-care products so I do not want to repurchase this one for that purchase.

I wanted to give the packaging a zero as it does not exist. I am happy about that, as the bag it comes home is recyclable but couldn't justify giving it an actual rating.

on 12/8/2007 3:18:00 PM

Absolutely love this, possibly my favourite soap ever!! It leaves me feeling fresh and clean and I love the smell of the ocean that it leaves. Have and will continue to repurchase. Leaves the bathroom smelling great too!!

on 12/4/2007 11:20:00 AM

I got this bar from lush.com, and I didn't get any seaweed. Boo hoo. Either way, the bar still smells like lemony/lavendery/oceany/herby goodness, lathers well, and isn't drying. I seem to recall it lasting longer than the other LUSH soaps I've tried.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

While this smelled pretty nice in the wrapper, once I wet it and began to get a tiny bit of lather....EWWWWW! It smelled BAD. I read other reviews and they mention sea breezes and lemons..well mine smelled like rotting grass, with something that smelled like sage thrown in for good measure. It also failed to produce much lather at all, much less than a typical bar soap. Once I was out of the bath.....into the garbage bin it went. Will never, ever, ever buy this smelly mess of rotten seaweed again.

on 8/24/2007 3:41:00 PM

I love how this looks, and how it smells initially. It's very drying though, and the smell disappears. The bar also does wierd things as it ages.

Popular Gels/Soaps