Neostrata Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

4.5

Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Glycolic Acid, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Decyl Oleate, Isopropyl Palmitate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Isocetyl Stearate, Ammonium Hydroxide, Arginine, Isostearic Acid, Dimethicone, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Dicetyl Phosphate, Ceteth-10 Phosphate, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum Parkii), Phenoxyethanol, Butylene Glycol, Glycerin, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben.

on 10/20/2007 1:18:00 AM

Neostrata is powerful stuff. Serious skin care. I love it, and so does my 48 year old skin. I actually look forward to the slight sting on my skin, as this shows me it's working. I have seen wonderful results from using this product.

on 10/13/2007 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I bought this based on the recommendation of others- but it didnt work out for me, broke me out, badly if I do say so myself- I guess it depends on your skintype and whether or not it'll accept certain ingredients ....

I must add that I used the lotion and NOT the cream- so maybe the cream is a better product.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I've been so obsessed with skincare for the past 2 years and this brand, together with Avene is one of my HG skincare products. It refines skin texture, minimized the pores, fades unwanted acne scars and so. And best of all, my skin never had a bad reaction with this which is important to me since my skin is VERY sensitive (note: dermatitis). A little amount goes a long way, so I think my 200ml Ultra Smoothing Creme will last me more than a year.

on 7/22/2007 3:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

After noticing a major difference to my friend's skin I decided to give this product a go. It seriously has given me a dewy glow (as it did to my friend as well) and I would go so far as to say my pores have slightly reduced as well.

Every other night I dilute the cream with some of my normal night cream so my skin doesn't get too 'stripped' away.

on 5/19/2007 10:27:00 AM

I bought this cream after hearing all the raves about it on the australian vogue boards... I have to say I'm impressed! I was a little surprised on how small the jar was when I first opened the box, but I have to say that you don't use much of it every time... and about $32AUD is much cheaper than the price I paid for clinique's turnaround cream which did nothing.

I have to say I am proof that this cream does something. I had really bad acne breakouts a few years back - I'm talking about the cystic type, and it has left me with both icepick and those reddish acne scars. I also had a bad bout of congestion on my cheeks which I could deal with since they're only visible up close. I also have an oily forehead and nose, dry cheeks and a normal chin :D (yes...normal chin!!)... Now, the first time I used this stuff, it stung a little which I could handle, however it was the smell that got to me. It REEKED for the first time, however after 3-4 nights, I got over the smell and sting and swore to stick to this to see results.

I applied it the night I bought it... and the first day I woke up, my skin felt smooooooooooth as silk. Too bad that feeling left when I washed my face, but every night I am eager to apply the cream to feel that smooth feeling. I do not use this product on my nose because I still feel my nose is a bit oily and this product leaves a little bit of a greasy film on my face for the first few hours of application... so if you're going out I suggest you skip this cream for that day/night :)

I think I have used this cream for around nearly 2 months? I can saftely say most of my congestion is gone, and my reddish acne marks are actually fading - which I would have expected the turnaround cream to do, but was dissapointed. With this neostrata cream, I can actually see that my face colour is beginning to match my neck (ie. no red splotches and scars!) Of course my icepick scars still remain - I believe there is no cream that can rid of those... maybe go and get facials or something when I am older... =(

Just a note... I use no cleanser (I know.. bbaddddd!!!) and use clinique's anti-blemish gel for the occasional zit. I do not use neostrata smoothing cream in the daytime if I'm going to uni because of the shine factor (ever so slightly greasy film), so I use clinique's DDML for a moisturiser (can you tell by now I'm also a clinqiue fan? haha)... so basically I use neostrata as a moisturiser at night... I think it's not as drying as the lotion version.

That's all I can think of for now...sorry for the really long review but I just really think that people should try this. I'm not sure about fine lines and wrinkles since I don't have any of those, but those who do not currently have active acne and are looking for something to try and rid of those scars, I think you should give this a try!

Edit (31-5-2007) : Just a quick update... this morning my dad was like "... why is your face looking so smooth and clean today?..."... :O Made my day ^^

SECOND EDIT: Okay, so after running out of a cream, I bought the lotion since I was meaning to purchase it before the cream. I have to say WOW. The texture is so much nicer, and it seems to sink more readily into the skin! It doesn't smell as foul (imo) and it eliminates that 'oily' film I was describing earlier... I can actually apply it in the daytime when I go out now because it actually feels more like a primer than anything... I can put my concealer over it, and it seems to make my skin feel super smooth instantly. I think I'll be sticking to the lotion formula from on now! The cream still did my face good though :D

on 4/4/2007 2:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall, this is a very good moisturizer. One jar lasts quite a long time and I have recently repurchased.

PROS: 10% glycolic acid, exfoliates well, very moisturizing, reasonably price (CAD$34~), Canadian company!

CONS: stings a little sometimes, jar container, takes a while to sink into skin (so I usually use it as a night cream)

VERDICT: I recommend everyone to give it a try! continued >>

on 12/28/2006 7:38:00 AM

This is an excellent lotion, it really does fade your old acne scars and makes your skin very smooth. I put this on every night and have no problems with it. The bottle could be better, too much comes out of the bottle. It is pricey but you only need a little bit each night.

on 12/25/2006 4:06:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

So Neostrata is my HG AHA skincare brand. I started with the 8%AHA anti-aging cream and now am using this one. But i really can't use this on a daily basis because it does make my skin peel like crazy (i guess winter cold is also doing this). Nevertheless it really smooths, brightens, ends with clogged pores and skin impurities. I don't believe sensitive skins could tolerate this though.
My skin: combination with oily t-zone, not the sensitive ind

on 5/6/2006 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this product! I am using as a treatment toghether with retin a, since 2 yeras. I have dry skin. Don't forget to wear sunscreen!

on 4/20/2006 10:35:00 PM

Wow! This is going to be my HG until something better comes along..and I've tried quite alot of skincare products, principle secret, ReVive, Loreal, Nivea, Philosophy, just to name a few, and this ladies is a winner. The price is good around AUS$38 compared to ReVive AUS$237(and I didn't add another digit to that one) and works much better than the $237 moisturiser as well..much more results and it works almost immediately too. The scarring on my chin is disappearing before my eyes each day. I'm so keen to put this stuff on my face every night without fail..fantastic and so exciting as I thought I would be stuck with the pitting on my chin for life. I'll let you know how it goes after a few months as I have only been using it for a few weeks..but I'm already addicted.