April 17, 2014 | 1160 users online

Moisturizers - Neostrata - Ultra-Smoothing Cream (10% Glycolic Acid)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2006 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Jany

This is an excellent lotion, it really does fade your old acne scars and makes your skin very smooth. I put this on every night and have no problems with it. The bottle could be better, too much comes out of the bottle. It is pricey but you only need a little bit each night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2006 4:06:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

So Neostrata is my HG AHA skincare brand. I started with the 8%AHA anti-aging cream and now am using this one. But i really can't use this on a daily basis because it does make my skin peel like crazy (i guess winter cold is also doing this). Nevertheless it really smooths, brightens, ends with clogged pores and skin impurities. I don't believe sensitive skins could tolerate this though.
My skin: combination with oily t-zone, not the sensitive ind

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2006 9:18:00 AM More reviews by Tzapiche

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this product! I am using as a treatment toghether with retin a, since 2 yeras. I have dry skin. Don't forget to wear sunscreen!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2006 10:35:00 PM More reviews by JBirdy

Wow! This is going to be my HG until something better comes along..and I've tried quite alot of skincare products, principle secret, ReVive, Loreal, Nivea, Philosophy, just to name a few, and this ladies is a winner. The price is good around AUS$38 compared to ReVive AUS$237(and I didn't add another digit to that one) and works much better than the $237 moisturiser as well..much more results and it works almost immediately too. The scarring on my chin is disappearing before my eyes each day. I'm so keen to put this stuff on my face every night without fail..fantastic and so exciting as I thought I would be stuck with the pitting on my chin for life. I'll let you know how it goes after a few months as I have only been using it for a few weeks..but I'm already addicted.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2005 9:11:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This does wonders for my dry patches!! I used all sorts of scrubs and exfoliants but never got the result I achieved with this cream. I worried at first that I would be allergic to it considering how sensitive my skin is but I did not experience any redness or irrtation at all! Although there is a bit tingling sensation everytime I put it on, but it doesn't bother me knowing that it will make my skin look better. I am now dry patch free! I alternate this with PC's 2% BHA liquid, and my skin has never looked better. I even use this cream on my BF whose skin has always had dry flakes everywhere no matter how much he moisturized.. now he has the most baby-soft skin ever.. thanks to this cream!
11/14/2006 UPDATE: Still loving this creme!! I'm on my 2nd or 3rd jar, i can't even remember but it really does help exfloliate my skin - my skin is super smooth and flake-free. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2004 12:46:00 AM More reviews by snowgoose

This is a heavier AHA moisturizer that may be more suitable for drier skin not prone to breakouts. After using the Neostrata oil-free 8% matifying lotion I found that my skin was becoming quite dry. So I tried this, which turned my skin quite oily. Still searching for the perfect balance...Is there such a thing?

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2004 11:55:00 AM More reviews by supah_stah1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This moisturizer is designed for anti-aging and reducing fine lines. I don't yet have problems with fine lines, but I use glycolic peels to help improve the overall texture of my skin (rough patches, acne marks and scarring, etc.), and it always helps. So I decided to try this for the same purpose. Well, it has smoothed and evened out the texture of my skin like no moisturizer I've ever tried! My skin has lost that dullness it always had, and the texture seems to be improving. However, it is a very heavy moisturizer, so I only use it only every other night. It might also be too harsh for people who aren't used to glycolic acid or who have sensitive skin, but personally, I think this is great! My hesitation in buying it again is only because of the price. It cost me CAD$35-40. That's pretty steep as far as I'm concerned, but the results are great.