October 25, 2014 | 1529 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2013 7:42:00 AM More reviews by BulkyDecorativeClock

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A good, basic ballet pink shade for me!

I have fair skin with pink undertones & pigmented (rosy) lips and this color, although lighter than my actual lip tone, is no nude on me. I can best describe it as a bright, light peachy or coral-pink cream.

I really love the way this color lights up my face, but it is a little too matte--by that I mean DRY! No real problems with lipbalm, but not ideal. :-) continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2012 3:35:00 PM More reviews by FusiaFever

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Currently, one of my favorite nudey pink lipsticks. It is quite darker than nude on my lips since I am a NW15. But it looks amazing with any outfit I wear and can stand on its own without heavy make up to glam up a casual look. It has a really 'pretty girl' look and pairs well with NARS orgasm blush, making anyone look like they aren't trying too hard.

This brand of Revlon lipsticks is on point with the higher end brands. It is really moisturizing and beats out MAC lipsticks in that respect.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 4:17:00 PM More reviews by AndreaaaMariee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Grey

This is one of the only lipsticks that I'll wear. I normally HATE lipsticks but this color is so pretty. It goes with anything!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/25/2012 2:20:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

For reference I'm an olive toned NC30/35

I can see why Pink in the Afternoon has been around so many years, it's a classic universal shade. Most pinks turn washded out chalky, too cool lilac, tacky fuschia, or even muddy beige against my skintone. Pink in the Afternoon is a pure midtone rosebud pink on me, perhaps slightly warm toned. It looks a bit bright when I first apply but then seems to melt in and turn into a flushed rosy wearable pink. Think innocent pouty Victoria's Secret in spring sort of lips.... clearly a pink lippie but somehow also natural.
Texture is comfortable, slightly drying but nothing a swipe of balm can't fix. This is truly the only pink I've ever found that works for me. I can see using it right down to a nubbin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I will NOT be without my Pink In The Afternoon lipstick! This is my HG lipstick- everything about it is perfect to me. It doesn't clash with my NC20 skintone and does not turn into a crazy color once its on my pigmented lips. Perhaps my lips look brighter than Audrey's because of the natural red tones in my lips, but it's gorgeous nonetheless. However, if I wanted the fresh, paler lip in Breakfast at Tiffany's, I could always use lip concealer. The formula is absolute perfection- creamy, glides onto my lips easily while being pigmented, all the while having great staying power. I also love how the lipstick isn't so soft that it moves around in the tube or when I apply it. Major bonus- I have naturally chapped lips and this lipstick does NOT dry them out! Dry lips and lipstick is never a good look. On top of that, it is at a very reasonable price point which makes me feel less guilty on stocking up. I'm so excited to try other colors in the Super Lustrous line. I prefer this formula over the Lip Butters.
EDIT: Just bought my first Amplified Creme lipstick formula from MAC and I've noticed how similarly this applies as Revlon's Super Lustrous formula. If you want to check out MAC but don't want to pay as much money, the Super Lustrous line is definitely your best alternative. The only difference I find is that MAC lipsticks have a mild vanilla scent while Revlon has no discernible taste or smell, which is EXTREMELY rare and definitely a plus in my book.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2012 7:33:00 AM More reviews by kristina93

This is the first lipstick I ever bought. It's my all time favourite!! It is such a nice rosy pink colour and looks great on any skin tone! The texture is really creamy and it stays on all day! I get a lot of compliments when I wear this, it's such a flattering & pretty colour!! Will always repurchase it, love it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/19/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by talfarone

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

** The Perfect pink/nude!!!! I finally found it!!!!!!!!!!!***** the perfect everyday shade!!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 2:23:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Pink in the Afternoon" is a really wearable, flattering pink if you are a fair skinned and have dark hair. A lot of pinks just dont look right on me but this one is really nice. Its a warm, dark pink with maybe a little bit of peachiness or coral to it. Its a creme finish with a bit of sheen.

I really love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and have several. By far the best drugstore brand lipstick. I have sensitive skin and some lip products can irritate my lips, but not these. They are completely scent/taste free. They are smooth, creamy, glossy, and long-wearing.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2012 11:47:00 PM More reviews by Pattycakesquare

I recently purchased this lipstick in the colour 440 "Cherries in the Snow" a cult colour from Revlon that has been around since 1954 apparently. I bought it on a whim after seeing a video online without swatching it beforehand. Not knowing what I would end up with, it turned out to be one of the most GORGEOUS lipsticks I've tried. It is an intense raspberry pink with the slightest hint of purple that would make your teeth look pearly white. It goes on creamy and thick without drying out my lips or wearing off too quickly. It is so moisturising that the lipstick is just as effective as a lip balm. Plus, you get two for the price! The overseas shipping was also very speedy (I live in Germany). Colour pay off, longevity, comfort, fair price...What more could you want? I was very surprised how well Revlon as a drugstore brand can live up to high end products or even surpass them! It looks expensive on the lips though it's not. I am very satisfied with my purchase and I would definitely recommend this lipstick to anyone as I think it would suit any skin tone, may it be cool or warm. A true delight to wear.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2012 8:37:00 PM More reviews by ChaseSpearing

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This color is pretty much exactly the same shade as MAC's "fanfare" which I have been a fan of for quite a few years! But I have begun to realize that lipstick is one thing you really dont NEED to splurge on. Do so if you like, but to me you can simply look up dupes! (Thank you Temptalia dupe list!)

The color is a very basic creamy pink color with just a hint of coral to it that seems to magically brighten my features!

Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks (in the creme formulation) are almost the same as MAC creamsheens in volume and variety of color as well as lasting power and pigmentation. The only thing Revlon's lack are the wonderful vanilla scent of MAC lipsticks, but besides that they are an almost perfect match!