July 29, 2014 | 1939 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

We used this in my home when I was a child. Apparently, as a kid, I had no idea that dry, tight skin was not something to be proud of. I used this for years without complaining. When I was able to buy soap for myself, I tried Caress and Dove. Love those! Then shower gels were introduced, and I haven't looked back.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2010 9:31:00 PM More reviews by sailimu

I bought this bar soap by accident and used it only as detergient to handwash underwears. It is perfect for this purpose. Most of all, it is dirty cheap (I got 10 with 2 bucks when it was on sale). I used it as body wash after I read the reviews here and didn't like it. However, I would love to repurchase it only as detergient. And I would like to try it as dish-detergient :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2010 1:45:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

SO SO drying, always. why is this formula so awful? why!? in 2010, couldn't a powerhouse company like this afford to improve their formula? terrible

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2010 11:11:00 AM More reviews by frostythesnowman81

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

The Ivory website has some great tips:

and when you microwave Ivory Soap it turns into a soufflé like consistency rather than melting.

This is a video with written instructions:

Ingredients
Sodium tallowate, sodium cocoate or sodium palm kernelate, water, sodium chloride, sodium silicate, magnesium sulfate, and fragrance

It claims to be 99.4% "pure", I'm assuming "pure" means natural.

*Ivory soap is not vegan* Sodium tallowate is derived from beef fat

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2010 1:20:00 AM More reviews by lilaleahg

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This can dry my skin out, however a simple lotion or moisturizer could fix that problem.

As for cleaning power, Ivory Soap cleans me off rather well.

Would I repurchase again? Yes, but in all honesty I would rather have Dove or a body wash.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by sunshine824

Ivory soap is soooo drying and completely strips my skin of all moisture. However, it's good for a few things:
*exfoliating - I like that it has no moisturizing properties at all because this makes it good for exfoliating and stripping everything off of your skin(including some of your skin).
*stain removal - this soap will remove stains like no other soap. I've had white clothing that had blood stains in it for years. I used Ivory soap to get the stain out by 1)wetting the garment and scrubbing the area really well with Ivory soap 2)rinse and repeat but leave the soap to sit on the stain area for an hour or so 3)rinse and if the stain is still there than repeat the process. It worked on stains that bleach and Tide stain remover couldn't remove.

I also love the scent of this, I just wish it lasted out of the shower. But since I have to use lotion afterwards it gets overpowered by lotion smell. :-( But every once in a while I use it anyway.

I put that I would repurchase because I do repurchase occasionally, but don't use it consistantly.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by missstarlight

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

The perfect basic soap. So cheap. Doesn't dry out your skin or leave a film. And it floats :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2010 10:22:00 AM More reviews by mwebba1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this soap! I use this every day in the shower. I do not, however, use this on my face (never thought to). I recently spent the weekend with my special friend and he had this in his apartment because he knew how I wash with nothing but this. Wasn't that sweet of him? The main reason why I started using nothing but Ivory in college was that it was the only soap that did not irritate that special place and still rinsed clean. I never felt like Dove rinsed clean from my skin. I do not like moisturizing things to cleanse with. Even if I use a body wash for some reason I alwasy wash that place with this. Well done, Ivory. You have a life-long follower here.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2010 8:00:00 AM More reviews by DawnPeach

Love love love Ivory soap!! It is the only soap I can use without breaking out! I use it on my body and my face and it is perfect if you have very sensitive skin. I agree with the previous reviewer in that it tends to be a bit drying in the winter (especially if you have well-water), but nothing a little extra moisturizer can't fix. Seriously I cannot use any soap other than this one. Dove, plain glycerine soap, and even special sensitive skin soap brands screw up my skin. But not Ivory!! I never get a rash or reaction to it and I love it as a low-maintenance facial cleanser. It it basic, dependable, light smelling, cheap (you can buy it in bulk) and I just love it! The best soap out there!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 6:36:00 AM More reviews by tokyorosa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am a soap fiend. Seriously, there are usually between four and six different kinds of soap in my shower at any given time. But this one is ALWAYS there. I love this soap. I use it daily, face and body, and I have never been disappointed. It's inexpensive, high quality, works well, and doesn't cause me to break out or prompt an allergic reaction on my ridiculously sensitive skin. During the driest part of winter (and I live in the desert, so winter is DRY, no joke), it can be a bit drying, but I just slather on a bit of extra moisturizer.