Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

on 2/10/2011 9:41:00 PM

Vanilla done right is warm and sexy. This used to be pretty good, but now it smells cheap and plasticy.

on 2/10/2011 9:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

BBW!! What have you done? I just finished my last batch of Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion that I got during a fabulous sale early last year. I needed a new bottle, so I grabbed one, not bothering to smell because this is a classic, right? WRONG! They have totally changed the scent. So, totally might sound extreme as it's still vanilla, but I'm picky about scents, and I loved the old formula. The previous scent was warm, fresh vanilla with a subtle hint of sandalwood that gave it a powdery depth. Now it's sweet vanilla with some plastic and wet cardboard notes. Horrible.

I want to petition BBW to bring back the old scent :(

on 1/31/2011 7:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm not a fan of the smell, something about it annoys me, and i can't say what. When i smelled it in store i was in love. Then i brought it home and wore it and the scent lingers, which is good but i can't stand the scent anymore so try not to use it much.

on 1/31/2011 5:56:00 PM

one of my favorites at B&BW just love the scent and the lotion is creamy and absorbant.

on 1/31/2011 2:04:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I seem to always get this scent as a gift. I really don't enjoy this smell so much it does smell like vanilla but then like playdoh as well. I find it weird.

on 1/14/2011 10:42:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I received a bottle of this lotion for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. I had been contemplating purchasing this for quite some time as I consider Vanilla my ultimate favorite scent. I really do enjoy the smell of this. The vanilla is evident of course, but to my nose, I also detect honey and musk. It's lovely and light. The texture is light yet moisturizing. Though I've enjoyed my experience with this lotion, I won't run out to buy it . I'd consider purchasing this at some point, but I'd prefer to purchase a greener, less chemically based alternative.

on 1/11/2011 4:43:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like to use this with my Auric Blends perfume roll on in the sandalwood vanilla!

Key fragrance notes: Vanilla Absolute, Basmati Rice Water, Creamy Sandalwood.

I have had this for a year... and half a bottle is left soo I really need to use this everyday to make room for the 6 new bath & bodyworks lotions that should arrive soon. I didn't order this scent again but I will use it up.

on 1/7/2011 10:33:00 PM

Not the worst, but certainly not great. To me, this smelled synthetic. Like a plastic doll smell. Someone else mentioned play-doh? Yep, that comes to mind as well. VERY soft on the vanilla.

on 1/4/2011 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I bought this lotion with a coupon on Black Friday. I am a sucker for things with vanilla, and in the tester bottle at the store I THOUGHT this was the best vanilla scent I've ever tried. Well, once I brought this home I lathered a small amount on my arms and I sniffed it.. I swear I accidentially put MELTED BUTTER on my hands! I gagged and washed my hands vigorously and then put the strongest scent of lotion that I own (Tangerine Spice- retired) I defiantely was WRONG!!

Overall, I am really upset because this is the first scent I've ever tried that I was not happy with from BBW. Maybe it was because I got a bad bottle, but I think that this is one of those "smells great in the BOTTLE scents." Sorry, BBW!

P.S. I gave the Packaging Quality 5 lippies because the Signature Collection packaging it operates great, and it's 10 times more stylish than the older Classics packaging.

on 1/3/2011 11:41:00 PM

I like this product just like I like all both and body works lotions I purchase. Vanilla is one of my favorite scents and the scent is nice and subtle but lingers throughout the day. The consistency is also good because it's not too thick and creamy.

Top Rated Bath and Body Works Products