Bath and Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Lotion

3.8

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't know what it is about this product - I've been seeing lots about the reformulation of the scent, but not having sniffed the original, I can only talk for the current, and can I say - EAUGH!
Now keep in mind that I consider this [or had been considering it] my signature scent - the body splash is enticing, sexy and romantic and warm and cuddly all at once, but in the lotions and shower gels, I don't know WHAT happens. They seem to acquire and retain a sickly sweet, plasticky scent that doesn't go away and carries none of the sexy notes in the body splash. [And on that note, even the EDT is a little bit '*too* warm and ends up being bland and boring ... what gives?]

EDIT Dec. 7 2011
So either I got a bad batch, it had gone bad, or they reformulated -- because NOW when I smell new the WVS lotion, it smells heavenly and delicious! It's a slightly more grown-up, musky version of vanilla bean noel - but not as grown up and seductive as vanilla noir. I can come back to shamelessly loving it :)

I love this scent. It's not overly sweet and mixed well with various perfumes layered on top. Great formula, very moisturizing and perfect for my dry skin. This is by far my favorite lotion.

I love vanilla more than any other scent, but I find this cloying. And as I find with most Bath and Body works lotions, kind of greasy and not all that moisturizing.

Vanilla done right is warm and sexy. This used to be pretty good, but now it smells cheap and plasticy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

BBW!! What have you done? I just finished my last batch of Warm Vanilla Sugar lotion that I got during a fabulous sale early last year. I needed a new bottle, so I grabbed one, not bothering to smell because this is a classic, right? WRONG! They have totally changed the scent. So, totally might sound extreme as it's still vanilla, but I'm picky about scents, and I loved the old formula. The previous scent was warm, fresh vanilla with a subtle hint of sandalwood that gave it a powdery depth. Now it's sweet vanilla with some plastic and wet cardboard notes. Horrible.

I want to petition BBW to bring back the old scent :(

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I'm not a fan of the smell, something about it annoys me, and i can't say what. When i smelled it in store i was in love. Then i brought it home and wore it and the scent lingers, which is good but i can't stand the scent anymore so try not to use it much.

one of my favorites at B&BW just love the scent and the lotion is creamy and absorbant.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I seem to always get this scent as a gift. I really don't enjoy this smell so much it does smell like vanilla but then like playdoh as well. I find it weird.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I received a bottle of this lotion for Christmas as a stocking stuffer. I had been contemplating purchasing this for quite some time as I consider Vanilla my ultimate favorite scent. I really do enjoy the smell of this. The vanilla is evident of course, but to my nose, I also detect honey and musk. It's lovely and light. The texture is light yet moisturizing. Though I've enjoyed my experience with this lotion, I won't run out to buy it . I'd consider purchasing this at some point, but I'd prefer to purchase a greener, less chemically based alternative.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I like to use this with my Auric Blends perfume roll on in the sandalwood vanilla!

Key fragrance notes: Vanilla Absolute, Basmati Rice Water, Creamy Sandalwood.

I have had this for a year... and half a bottle is left soo I really need to use this everyday to make room for the 6 new bath & bodyworks lotions that should arrive soon. I didn't order this scent again but I will use it up.