September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Blot Powder - Medium

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2009 2:25:00 AM More reviews by makeupaddict1187

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is another must have for me in my daily make up bag. I carry this thing around with me wherever i go. I get paranoid when I forget my makeup bag at home because I know I won't be able to touch up with the blot powder. I used to use the MAC select sheer pressed powder before to touch up my oily face during the day but now I prefer this. It does not make me break out or make me look cakey what so ever. It does its job and its not crazy expensive ($21us). It comes in a compact with a mirror so its convenient. The color I think is pretty insignificant because its not like it deposits heavy color coverage. I'm an NC 25/30 and I use MED if that helps. I put on a sheer layer of this with my Too faced retractable kabuki prob around lunch and it makes me look nice and fresh for the rest of the day. I already have a back up :) .

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by yelim01

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe I never discovered this product before! It's amazing and is the only product that has controlled my oily skin. I was searching for something light as I do not need much coverage but just wanting to keep that mid-day shine at bay and set foundation. Well, I've found the perfect product. Medium is great for my NC20 skin. I use it in the morning and only need to use it again ONCE in the afternoon. Packaging is good. It comes with a mirror and a puff. I prefer to use my chanel powder brush but like using the puff for on the go. If your skin is like mine you should definetly try this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2009 12:51:00 AM More reviews by Lisahh

This is my HG shine control powder. It magically erases any shine and oil on my face the moment i put it on. I barely use the applicator that comes with this. Instead I use my blush brush and just sweep it over my face. I use a light hand with product so I don't ever see a 'white caste' on my face. It is called a "blot powder" not a foundation powder, so don't expect it to cover anything or apply it to heavily. Just quick and simple sweep over the face. Keep it in your purse, it comes in VERY handy on hot days.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2009 10:04:00 PM More reviews by Loci80015

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I completely agree with the reviewer below. I was SO excited to try this product based on the reviews here. I wanted to keep matte throughout the day and I have used several translucent powders, but didn't like the white "cast" they put on my face, so I thought the blot powder in medium would be good for me. I just don't get it?!?!?! First off, the puff it comes with is crappy, not to mention that it's a germ magnet. Secondly, this makes my makeup look just awful! I put this on very lightly when I start to get shiny with my Ecotools brush. It makes my makeup look like a mask, it enlarges ALL my pores.....and I cannot explain it, but it almost "moves" my makeup and in some places it looks uneven. It tones down my bronzer too and doesn't allow my skin to naturally shine through. With other powders, they usually set in....but this stuff just sits on top of my makeup and makes it look gross. Does it make you matte though? Sure. But not at the expense of my makeup looking like crap the rest of the day.
I personally prefer MAC's prep and prime loose powder over the blot. At least that powder sets my makeup and "sinks" in after awhile. It may not keep the shine at bay all day long, but it looks MUCH better than this stuff.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/22/2009 3:11:00 PM More reviews by watevayou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I.. I.. I just don't know about this product! Hearing all the great reviews got me so excited but when I applied this on.. it enhanced ALL my flakes which i didn't even know I had. My pores looked clogged and my skin didn't look evened out or nice at all. It just looked BAD. I am so sorry MAC blot powder, but you are just the chalkiest, weirdest powder, i have ever tried!! It did take away my oilies but then again it also caked up my face too no matter how little i applied!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by makeupismylifeandimproud

This is the BEST product from MAC!!!
I am NC30 but i use Medium in Mac Blot Powder. Why???
Because i tried Medium Dark and i didnt like the result. My face looks dull. With Medium, it is a little light for my skin color but it can brighten my face and i love it. This is very sheer so using a lighter shade is not really a problem for me.
I was a bit hesitant before i tried this since i have VERY oily t-zone but some part of my face are dry. I thought it will make the dry part more drier but it did not. Usually, i do touch ups for 6x a day with my other pressed powders. But with Mac Blot, i only do it 2x a day!!! This is the best thing i have ever purchased!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2009 11:19:00 AM More reviews by fatbottmdgrl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is AH-MAZ-ing, amazing!!!! I bought this when MAC had the F & F sale on the recommendations of the MU board. The first good piece of advice I got was to order one shade darker than you think you need, so I ordered Medium which is absolutely perfect for me. This absorbs every bit of oil and you need only the lightest little bit too touch up during the day. I "set" my makeup with it in the morning and it looks perfect almost the entire day with very little touch up. I paid $15.75 with 25% off at the MAC online sale, but this normally runs $21 USD and it is worth every freakin' penny. I already ordered a backup.
This needs to be in every woman's stash, if you are the least little bit oily. And I am writing this review after only 2 days of using it simply because I have never found anything that works this well at keeping the shine off of my face!!!! BUY IT!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2009 2:30:00 AM More reviews by redgirl_bkk

I'm very shiny on t-zone area and Mac Blot Powder can do the job in controlling my oiliness very well.

I love it even more for the fact that it works well together with Chanel base which I think is designed for dry skin. When I wore this Chanel base with LM pressed powder the result was bad. LM pressed powder usually controls facial oil very well and did a perfect job for me when I used with oil control base, however, with Chanel base LM pressed powder couldn't deliver the same old result. Mac Blot powder does a much better job when it comes to control facial oil. I love it and I would definitely repurchase.

My only complaint is the product runs out very quickly and I use very sparingly like only in the morning and a little bit of touch up in the afternoon. My calculation is I have to use a new pact every month!

About the medium shade, I always use translucent powder and this medium shade glides on my skin without obvious colour. I haven't tried other shades yet but I think it's not too hard to pick shade in Blot powder line because it will give you this translucent look anyway. I suggest you just pick the shade that closer to your skin (doens't have to be perfectly match) and you should have no problem.

It only gets 4 lippies because I hate the fact that I have to run to Mac counter every month and BAs here are not so "friendly".

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 4:39:00 AM More reviews by vanitykey

I can't live without it. It's my HG pressed powder since I'm not a foundation junkie.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 3:25:00 AM More reviews by joucygal

i give this product 5 outta 5 for everything, except the price cos' "5" means expensive and it's not!!! at RM80 a pop with 12g of powder.... and with its own mirror and puff.. it's CHEAP!!! value for money would be the word to describe it. i like natural lookin' skin so i use this powder on its own for "good skin days" (i.e. when i'm blemish/breakout free) or when i just wanna be rid of the greasiness/shininess on my skin without having to use my blotting paper. yups, this product is = blotting paper but in powder form. am NC20 and medium is perfect. there really is NO coverage whatsoever, so i'm pretty sure any shade up or down won't make much difference. if you're after coverage, skip this and go for Studio Fix. However, if you're like me and just want your oily/combi skin to behave and not look so shiny all the time- definitely get this one. it just gives you this naturally shine free face. *lOve* applied with my MAC #182 buffer brush, it's perfect. ^_^ and for my combi skin in a humid climate (i work in air-conditioned environment tho')... it lasts 9-5pm easy without need for touch-up. of course i don't expect to look like i did at 9 a.m. but much much better and less greasy than without. only warning??? think it may be a tad too drying for dry skin people (but then again, why would they even need this in the 1st place?) and DON'T EVER DROP THIS.... my first one cracked and died right away. so be careful.