April 21, 2014 | 1289 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2007 8:55:00 PM More reviews by honey81

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It makes my skin look absolutely radiant and gives it a soft candlelit glow... it's amazing. I can totally tell a difference when i'm not wearing it... my skin doesn't have that dewy glow! My shimmer brick actually broke into a million pieces.. but i'd still buy it again despite the fragile packaging... each brick is quite thick so it's got a lot product for your money.... Definitely HG status for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 7:36:00 PM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't think I will run out of this anytime soon, but I'd like to say that I would repurchase since I also don't see myself getting tired of it either. I was using MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Shimpagne as my highlighter, and decided to try this instead. The shimmerbrick gives a more beautiful and flawless glow, whereas the MSF is more of a heavier shimmer, and it's definitely more shiny than the shimmerbrick, it can look a bit gawdy. The shimmerbrick is a bit expensive ($38 USD) but I'd say far worth it compared to other similar highlighters. It blends wonderfully, and really finishes off the face, IMO.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2007 8:50:00 PM More reviews by Scarlet3334

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

While I loved using this product, it crumbled and broke apart (and I didn't drop it or otherwise handle it roughly). It's a shame because I think it's really pretty, but it became unusable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2007 9:24:00 AM More reviews by acmc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like this and use it most days. You have to be light-handed with it though - just a quick sweep across your cheekbones and above your eyebrow with perhaps a dab on the tip of your nose and chin is really all you need for the day. On my pale yellow-toned complexion it adds just enough of a glow without adding any colour. I think it probably works best on skin that's already pretty good - then it will take it to excellent - but on open pores or greasy skin, well, I can't imagine that would look good. Also, I wouldn't recommend it for use when photographers with flashes are around - the shimmer particles light up like nothing on earth.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2007 3:16:00 AM More reviews by lueta

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A beautiful product. Inside and outside. I love it, I love the sophisitcated way it highlights my cheakbones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2007 12:22:00 AM More reviews by aquariusa

I love the shimmer bricks. they impart a nice glow and they look natural. The texture is really nice and they blend well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2007 9:34:00 AM More reviews by chia021

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm so in love with all bobbi brown shimmer bricks. It really enhances a glow without making u look too overdone. And this shimmer brick is an absolute HG as it's got subtle shimmers that really makes ur cheekbones stand out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2007 6:48:00 AM More reviews by Clare_3108

Out of all the shimmerbricks I've tried this is my fave, I am freckly, fair, green eyes so suits me the most. This is a multi purpose for me as I use the invividual layers as eye shadows too, I used one with Purrfect by BE over the top and it gave an even more shimmer look too and it was only something I tested so didn't use any kind of primer and it stayed! Not as long as if I used my UDPP but, stayed a lot longer than it would otherwise. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

The trick to the shimmerbrick is not to get too much product. The BB site says to use a regular blush brush but for me that deposits too much product so I like to use a small blush brush to apply the product on my cheekbones/temples. If you get too much of this beige color it ends up looking too cool/grey. I love how the shimmer is quite fine.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2006 8:43:00 PM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I went to the Bobbi Brown counter today to get a gel eyeliner and left with this Shimmerbrick instead! I have the Bronze and even though I do rather like it it isn't my favourite colour (it looked a bit dark even though I have tan coloured skin). So I was trying out other Shimmerbrick shades, I had thought perhaps I would like the Peony since it is deeper for my dark skin, but it turned out to be too cool for my toasty complexion and made me look like I had a fever or something. I didn't think Beige was a colour I could wear since it is so light and pale, I thought it would look too frosty and white-cast for such toasty skin but the MA took a brush and swept it over me and OMG! I looked like I had cheeks a mile high! (I have pretty high cheekbones anyways but au naturel they never look this high and chiselled!) It made me look radiant but not greasy, which I wouldn't have liked since I already have greasy oily skin. Of course I bought it on the spot. Since that happened today I don't know if I would be able to reproduce the MA's technique but if don't get such satisfactory results here at home at least I will know it is due to my lack of skill and not the Shimmerbrick's fault. Love this Shimmerbrick!