Bobbi Brown Beige Shimmer Brick Shimmerbrick

4.3

on 11/19/2007 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

This product makes a lovely highlighter for my PPP skin ... I dust it along the top of my cheekbones, along the edge of my jawline, and down the bridge of my nose. That said, I've not found that the darker "brick" shades work particularly well as an eyeshadow as they just don't seem to have enough pigment for that purpose.

on 11/14/2007 10:52:00 PM

Finding the right color for you skin is really important for shimmer bricks. I tried on the other shades, and beige really blends into my skin (NC30) whereas the others looked as though they were just sitting on top of it. I only use this at night, and even then I use it sparingly. It really does make you glow as if you're in candlelight. Looks great alone or on top of a matte blush, like MAC Prism or BB Rose. EDIT: I like Smashbox Soft Lights much better and I won't repurchase this.

on 9/24/2007 1:41:00 PM

Love, love this!! I bought the BB Beige Shimmer Brick Compact 3 years ago and it was my first highlighter. It gives such a nice glow to the skin and it's also beautiful used as e/s.
I'm an NC15 - NC20 and the Beige shade is perfect for my skintone.
I agree with what Queenofdisaster wrote about the MAC MSF, they contain a lot more heavier shimmers than the Shimmer Bricks: that's why I prefer BB products for daytime and use my Msf with a very light hand for the night. Would I buy this product again? You bet!!

on 7/28/2007 2:32:00 AM

Another lemming of mine, only to be disappointed. I love BB SB's, but this Beige one was way too light for me to justify keeping it, as I find it less desirable than my MAC Shimpagne and BB Sandstone SB. The color payoff was way too light for me, as was the Rose and Pink SB's. I'm not looking for a face full of shimmer, but this did nothing as far as highlighting for my skintone (NW30) to warrant me keeping it. It is beautiful to look at, but just not for me. Luckily I received this in a swap, but if it did show some color payoff, I wouldn't have minded paying the $38 USD for it. As with all SB, they will last a long time, so investing in one is well worth it, if you find a color that works for you... IMO :)

on 7/15/2007 3:07:00 AM

I just bought 2 of these a few days ago, and really love to use this shimmer over my Bare Minerals makeup for added glow. I do confine the shimmer to my eyes and cheekbones for a nice sunny look in the daytime, but at night, I brush it very lightly all over my face. Wow! It makes me look like candleglow! I thought the brick was pretty small (compared to Lancome's, for example), but now I see that it should be used sparingly. You don't want to stop a deer in its tracks, you just want to glow "delicately". Because of the small size, I bought 2, so I guess I won't run out anytime soon. I'm a green-eyed blonde with light skin, so I'd rather avoid a heavily made-up look, but I don't tan very well and need some light color. The Bare Minerals and this beige shimmer brick help cut down on my usual summer "ruddiness" and cool down my skin tone beautifully. I love Bobbi's Stonewashed Nudes eyeshadow palette and bought 6 of them, just because I knew they'd sell out and I wanted to make sure I never run out. I will probably go back to Nordstrom's and buy a couple more of the Beige shimmer bricks for that very reason. I've found a great look and want to have it for awhile! Major thumbs up for this gorgeous, neutral shimmery powder, and hats off to Bobbi's fab neutrals and nudes!

on 6/22/2007 8:55:00 PM

I LOVE THIS STUFF! It makes my skin look absolutely radiant and gives it a soft candlelit glow... it's amazing. I can totally tell a difference when i'm not wearing it... my skin doesn't have that dewy glow! My shimmer brick actually broke into a million pieces.. but i'd still buy it again despite the fragile packaging... each brick is quite thick so it's got a lot product for your money.... Definitely HG status for me!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I don't think I will run out of this anytime soon, but I'd like to say that I would repurchase since I also don't see myself getting tired of it either. I was using MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Shimpagne as my highlighter, and decided to try this instead. The shimmerbrick gives a more beautiful and flawless glow, whereas the MSF is more of a heavier shimmer, and it's definitely more shiny than the shimmerbrick, it can look a bit gawdy. The shimmerbrick is a bit expensive ($38 USD) but I'd say far worth it compared to other similar highlighters. It blends wonderfully, and really finishes off the face, IMO.

on 5/23/2007 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

While I loved using this product, it crumbled and broke apart (and I didn't drop it or otherwise handle it roughly). It's a shame because I think it's really pretty, but it became unusable.

on 5/11/2007 9:24:00 AM

I really like this and use it most days. You have to be light-handed with it though - just a quick sweep across your cheekbones and above your eyebrow with perhaps a dab on the tip of your nose and chin is really all you need for the day. On my pale yellow-toned complexion it adds just enough of a glow without adding any colour. I think it probably works best on skin that's already pretty good - then it will take it to excellent - but on open pores or greasy skin, well, I can't imagine that would look good. Also, I wouldn't recommend it for use when photographers with flashes are around - the shimmer particles light up like nothing on earth.

on 4/23/2007 3:16:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

A beautiful product. Inside and outside. I love it, I love the sophisitcated way it highlights my cheakbones.