Maybelline Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

3.9

Petroleum Distillates, C8 9 Isoparaffin, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Water (Aqua), Synthetic Beeswax, Allyl Stearate/VA Copolymer, Beeswax (Apis Mellifera), Propylene Carbonate, Polyvinyl Laurate, Silica, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Starch, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Corn Starch, Methylparaben, Isoceteth 20, Lecithin, Octylacrylamide/Acrylates/Butylaminoethyl/Methacrylate Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, 2 Oleamido 1,3 Octadecanediol, Simethicone, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Carmine (CI 75470) (Carmine), CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Green), CI 77299 (Chromium Hydroxide Green), Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77510 (Ferric Ferrocyanide)

on 5/9/2014 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I normally use the Clump Crusher or the No. 7 extreme lengthening mascara, but I decided to pick this up originally for it to be my emergency purse mascara. I haven't used it about a week after I purchased it, that is, until I was on my way to an event and realized that I hadn't put any mascara on at all. I have short, straight lashes so I also carry a convenient eyelash curler in my purse at well and Oh. My. God. This is DEFINITELY my new holy grail! Separated my lashes beautifully and literally, there was aboslutely NO clumping. The performance of this mascara beat the Clump Crusher and the No. 7 by a long shot, in my honest opinion. The color pigmentationw as awesome and the waterproof formula stays true to it's name. Like I had said prior, I used an eyelash curler and this mascara holds up the curl for sooooo long. Looks like I found my new holy-grail. :)

on 4/27/2014 9:08:00 AM

I love shopping around and that triumphant moment when you uncover a bargain yet high-quality product. It makes me feel savvy and resourceful. But this wasn't one of those moments. Perhaps the rave reviews are from those who don't have tragically thin and blonde eyelashes like I do?

This did nothing for volume: it clumped my lashes together and required 3 to 4 coats to get it looking like Max Factor's False Lash Effects looks the morning after I don't bother to wash it off before bed. It didn't do anything for length, either: after several coats, my eyelashes still looked very thin and stuck straight out, not up.

I'd recommend Bourjois' Volume Glamour Ultra Care for lengthening and curling (4.2 rating here,) or Max Factor's False Lash Effect (4.1) for even a bit more lengthening, and a coat of DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum (4.2) for the best ultra-curling and length you can get without putting on false lashes.

I don't often toss mascaras out, because even when they're not great I can still wear them when I'm out running errands. But Full n'Soft irritated my eyes and I even noticed a few of my lashes had fallen out, so this deserves the bin.

on 4/20/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm sad to say I returned my Full 'N Soft mascara. I loved how it thickened and lengthened while preserving the softness of my lashes to give a natural and pretty look. However, because I am so incredibly oily, it did give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep looking out for my HG mascara here on MUA.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

L'Oreal Double Extend is my HG but MUB are always raving about this mascara so I decided to try it. I've used Double Extend for years. Time to see what new, right? The Full and Soft did a great job making my already long lashes look long. Also helped to hold the curl. They were indeed MUCH softer to touch than my L'Oreal mascara. My lashes were nice and separated which is a MUST for me.

The cons... my lower lashes smudged sometimes - not every time but sometimes. My L'Oreal NEVER smudges or flakes. Plus I think I had forgotten what a PAIN it is to take off WP mascara.

Wore it to pool on hot humid day. Did not get face wet or splashed. I had on big sunglasses. Smudged/ran like crazy! Racoon city! NEVER buying this mascara again.

on 3/30/2014 10:53:00 AM

First off, I know better than to depend on reviews to choose a mascara. I believe you actually learn more from the cons than the pros of a review. If someone says it's not voluminous enough, I know it doesn't clump, that's a plus for me. If they say the brush is too big, I know I will like it because big brushes always build my lashes nicely without clumping...and usually the rubber stopper that removes excess mascara from the brush is most effective (unlike L'oreal Voluminous, which is a fave on MUA and one of my mascara "oh, hell no's". Way too clumpy!!).
Anyway, Full N Soft (orig version) has been an HG of mine for years. I just discovered the w/p version and absolutely love it; no stiff, almost painful lashes. My lashes look naturally long, full and black w/ this mascara. The original wouldn't hold a curl, but the w/p version holds all day. I've experienced no smudging or flaking. Of course, it is a pain to remove, as w/p always is, but there's always a payoff. I don't use w/p mascara everyday, but when I do, this will be my go to.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Cons first: It doesn't really add any fullness to your lashes, and if you're not careful and rub your eyes, this'll smudge.

Now pros: This mascara is very good for a natural, "no makeup" look. it holds a curl for almost all of the day, and does indeed leave your lashes very soft even after applying several coats.

Overall, I think this is a good mascara, especially for younger girls who are just starting with makeup. But I won't be repurchasing only because i wan't to try new mascaras.

on 2/28/2014 6:29:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

this is my HG mascara.
my lashes are pin straight and point downwards. I like my lashes to be very curled, pitch black, thick and plump.

this mascara separates my lashes and holds the curl all day and night. it's virtually impossible to clump, even if you put on several coats (which I do). no spider lashes either, just full and voluminous!

will repurchase forever

on 2/15/2014 11:13:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I must be using a completely different product! I hate this.

I have short sparse Asian lashes that enjoys a bit of clumping. Seeing all the positive reviews I was excited to use this mascara. This product does not make my lashes look fuller, it doesn't really hold a curl and I absolutely hate the brush. I can't apply the coats on without getting mascara all over my eyelid. The formulation also takes a little longer to dry than most and ends up smudging onto my crease.

Dreadful.

on 1/26/2014 3:31:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

this is by far one of my favorite mascaras. it really adds lovely volume to my lashes and you are able to build up volume by applying multiple layers (i would do it quickly as it dries out fast). it doesn't bother my eyes and stays on all day and night. it does keep the lashes soft...you don't get the hard, crusty feeling as with other mascaras. its not the most cute packaging but that isn't really a big deal for me. it works great!

on 1/14/2014 1:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I know several people have said this mascara isn't dramatic enough, but it is for me! I have naturally blond eye lashes, and one coat of full n soft in black makes my eyes pop! This mascara keeps my lashes so soft and lasts all day - no clumping and only a tiny bit of flaking. My lashes are long and hold a curl (except for a couple lashes that don't behave - and this mascara doesn't keep those lashes in line either). I have to pair this mascara with my eyeliner powder if I want a full look because I can't get this mascara close enough to the base of my lashes. If I use the mascara alone, the blond base of my lashes is still exposed. Overall: love the coverage, love the staying power (doesn't run with my tears, does flake a bit when I rub), love that my lashes stay soft and separated and dark all day after 1 quick coat.

Popular Mascaras