LUSH Karma Bubble Bar

4.4

Sodium Bicarbonate, Cream of Tartar (Tartaric acid), Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Lauryl Betaine, Perfume, Cocamide DEA, Patchouli Oil (Pogostemon cablin), Orange Oil (Citrus dulcis), Lavendin Oil (Lavendula hybrida), Pine Oil (Pinus), Lemongrass Oil (Cymbopogan flexuosus), Elemi Oil (Canarium commune), Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Citral, *Citronellol, *Limonene, *Linalool, FD&C Red No. 4

I love the Lush Karma scent and this is by far my favourite BBS. It gets points for: being easy to crumble, having a great lasting smell, colouring the water and the bar being big enough to EASILY do 2 baths - and that's just me being extravagant cos I know some people get 4 out of one bar!

on 4/14/2006 12:49:00 AM

Perhaps I did not use enough,but i did not get good bubbles like I normally do with bubble bath products.
I love the smell though! Reminds me of coca-cola for some reason.
I don't like that we don't get name labels when we buy in the store.
over all VERY expensive, espeically wehn my normal bath product is the same price but gets me 30 bath instead of 1-2.

This is my hubby's fav bubble bar. He will even ask if we can have a karma bubble bath from time to time! He's hooked, a total lushie! Hehe.
This scent is evervescent to me. Sparkling citrus with a lovely spicy scent. Its a great pick me up when your just feeling blah.
I cut the bubble bar in half and crumble it under running water, when the tub is half full I turn on the jets and Bam! Tons and tons of bubbles!
We love the scent so much that I ordered the Karma perfume and he got the karma koomba shampoo solid! (He loves those too, less fuss and perfect for men.)
Will repurchase forever, wish the made a shower gel.

on 8/25/2005 11:29:00 PM

Karma is particularly potent -- the scent of this lingers in my bathroom for hours after I get out of the tub. I definitely get the orange and pine notes, not so much the patchouli but it could just be the batch I bought from. Big ol' bubbles to boot.
$6.65 at my LUSH store, slightly less online. continued >>

on 1/30/2005 10:42:00 AM

Yummy, warm and spicy bubble bar, smelling of orange and patchouli. This bar is two tones of orange and is swirled, and it makes the bath water a pale orange while producing copious bubbles. Lush does a whole line of Karma products, but I think the scent works particularly well as a bubble bar, as the spicy and citrus elements make a delicious bath.

on 5/11/2004 2:27:00 PM

Not exactly bubbletastic, more of a discreet froth here, but the real reason you need a Karma bubble bar is for the dreamy, heady, earthy-foresty-citrus scent. There's something almost narcotic about it, and the way it fills the bathroom with fragrance. This one is more for lingering in the bath thinking deep thoughts than for a pampering twinkly glamourpuss experience. One of the best ways to enjoy Karma.

on 4/27/2004 11:49:00 AM

Orange, pine, patchouli...Karma is earthy and serene. I think some of the best reviews on the actual scent of Karma are here: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=1085/Fragrances/LUSH/Karma/ I used 1/3rd of a bar and had a mass of bubbles, highly scented and long lasting. The water was colored a pinkish orange. SO long lasting that a blob of bubbles--get this--was still hiding behind my shower curtain 24 hours later. Scent, performance, everything...it's wonderful.

A couple tips for really getting the super massive foam walls of bubbles: put your bubble bar (no need to crumble if you do this) in a strainer and place it directly under the running water stream. Or, before you get in, fill your tub a few inches, completely crumbling your bubble bar in the running water stream. Then turn on the shower for a few minutes, pointing the water spray directly down at the tub (I use this method). Giant blankets of pillowy bubbles! continued >>

on 3/20/2004 11:32:00 AM

Like Lush's bubble bars in general, this makes a great long-lasting foam (may depend on the water quality though, I know the water here is soft). I LOVE the scent! This was the first product with the Karma scent that I tried, and I'm definitely going to try more of them - I love how I smell after taking a bath with this, and how the bathroom smells too. The scent is rather unisex, I can imagine it would work well on men too - spicy and warm.

on 3/15/2004 11:49:00 AM

This is a tough one for me. I Love this scent so much. It is at once, earthy and citrussy and that is my weakness. I could not wait to try it and was running the tub with my jacket still on as soon as I walked into the house.

The bubble bar is a mystery to me in so many ways. The fragrances seem to be more concentrated than a bubble gel so I like them, but the bubble power is less than that of a gel, so that rates a little lower on my scale. I like rich powerful and lasting bubbles, something this does not have. That being said, it is an experience with a loveable scent. A good treat and I will definately be purchsing this again-and putting it on wish lists for every major holiday.

on 3/8/2004 3:36:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This is tied for my favorite of Lush's bubble bars. It has a deliciously strong scent of orangey spiciness. It's great.

Popular Bath Treatments