Revlon Vixen

4.3

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of my favorite drug store nail polish color. Its a beautiful, dark burgandy. Perfect for fall!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

So sexy! There is one word that I think of when I wear this nail polish: meow! ;)

I love the color but regret not buying Essie's version instead which I heard is exactly the same. The reason is that its the same price in South Africa and I assume that Essie would be a lot glossier based on the performance of their other shades. This polish was a bit thick, took forever to dry, and the end result became dull very quickly. Because it is a cream finish every nick and scratch becomes very obvious and contributes to the dull look. Lately all my Revlon polishes also tend to bubble on me so I am not too happy that I have purchased so many of them recently!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great dark red colour from the drugstore. One of the nail polishes that I love the most are dark reds. They are very flattering to most and classic. This polish is great and cheap, readily available.

My go to toe nail polish all year round. Deep burgundy red, yet not so dark that you can't tell what it is way down there on your toes - as in "Is that dark blue, plum or black?" Definitely red.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This polish is a staple in my nail colour collection. I have been buying it for years and the compliments never cease. My only complaint is that I like the color with one coat, but you need at least two coats to avoid getting a streaked finish. Overall, this color is GORGEOUS and rivals the more expensive names like Chanel Vamp (I bought Chanel Vamp and felt so stupid afterwards b/c Revlon has the same effect).

Gorgeous color! Very similar to Chanel's Vamp. However I don't really fancy the formula, the colour doesn't go on evenly, it takes two coats to even it up. That's a bummer though, cause I like the colour when its only one coat. Two coats makes it almost brown, one coat is a lovely gorgeous blood clot-ish deep dark red. Other than that, great buy! :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great for Fall

Great on Women of colour and lighter skinned women.

Beautiful Plum purpley type colour...

Edit: I finally realized that this color is making my skin look yellow. Knocked off a lippie. :(

I LOVE this color. A single coat gives you a bright red :( but two coats will give you the bottle's color. I thought that I couldn't do reds, but apparently this is an exception! It didn't stain, though it was difficult to remove with non-acetone nail polish remover. If I could only pick one nail color, it would be this. Also, there was very minor wear on the tips with clear polish as top/base coat. (I used Wet n Wild clear nail protector.) No chips, but just "pushed back" a bit. I don't wear nail polish often, but I'll repurchase this if I run out.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Look like Chanel's vamp. But cheaper.