Revlon Vixen

4.3

on 12/2/2009 5:36:00 AM

I love the color but regret not buying Essie's version instead which I heard is exactly the same. The reason is that its the same price in South Africa and I assume that Essie would be a lot glossier based on the performance of their other shades. This polish was a bit thick, took forever to dry, and the end result became dull very quickly. Because it is a cream finish every nick and scratch becomes very obvious and contributes to the dull look. Lately all my Revlon polishes also tend to bubble on me so I am not too happy that I have purchased so many of them recently!

on 12/2/2009 4:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Great dark red colour from the drugstore. One of the nail polishes that I love the most are dark reds. They are very flattering to most and classic. This polish is great and cheap, readily available.

on 11/27/2009 10:35:00 PM

My go to toe nail polish all year round. Deep burgundy red, yet not so dark that you can't tell what it is way down there on your toes - as in "Is that dark blue, plum or black?" Definitely red.

on 11/18/2009 10:35:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This polish is a staple in my nail colour collection. I have been buying it for years and the compliments never cease. My only complaint is that I like the color with one coat, but you need at least two coats to avoid getting a streaked finish. Overall, this color is GORGEOUS and rivals the more expensive names like Chanel Vamp (I bought Chanel Vamp and felt so stupid afterwards b/c Revlon has the same effect).

on 10/7/2009 7:39:00 AM

Gorgeous color! Very similar to Chanel's Vamp. However I don't really fancy the formula, the colour doesn't go on evenly, it takes two coats to even it up. That's a bummer though, cause I like the colour when its only one coat. Two coats makes it almost brown, one coat is a lovely gorgeous blood clot-ish deep dark red. Other than that, great buy! :)

on 10/5/2009 9:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Great for Fall

Great on Women of colour and lighter skinned women.

Beautiful Plum purpley type colour...

on 9/13/2009 3:01:00 AM

Edit: I finally realized that this color is making my skin look yellow. Knocked off a lippie. :(

I LOVE this color. A single coat gives you a bright red :( but two coats will give you the bottle's color. I thought that I couldn't do reds, but apparently this is an exception! It didn't stain, though it was difficult to remove with non-acetone nail polish remover. If I could only pick one nail color, it would be this. Also, there was very minor wear on the tips with clear polish as top/base coat. (I used Wet n Wild clear nail protector.) No chips, but just "pushed back" a bit. I don't wear nail polish often, but I'll repurchase this if I run out.

on 9/9/2009 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Look like Chanel's vamp. But cheaper.

on 7/11/2009 4:48:00 AM

I love the colour of this polish! It's a really deep vampy burgundy. However, the formula is a real pain! The polish goes on unevenly and takes forever to dry. After three coats I still thought my nails looked uneven. Once dry, this polish chips and dulls easily. On the first day it has a pretty glossy finish but it fades quickly. I find even with a topcoat it fades and chips easily. It also stains my nails badly, even if I only wear it for three days (even with base coat). I have no problems with the brush or bottle. The best part about it is the price and colour. If I could find the same colour in a better formula I'd buy that instead!

on 7/10/2009 1:01:00 AM

If I could have only one color nail varnish, this would be it! Valentine a close second. Like Chanel "Vamp" but not as "gothy" on my light skin.

And you can't beat the price!

Popular Polishes