August 1, 2014 | 893 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/27/2009 10:35:00 PM More reviews by Jill70

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

My go to toe nail polish all year round. Deep burgundy red, yet not so dark that you can't tell what it is way down there on your toes - as in "Is that dark blue, plum or black?" Definitely red.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2009 10:35:00 AM More reviews by mrsbookworm

This polish is a staple in my nail colour collection. I have been buying it for years and the compliments never cease. My only complaint is that I like the color with one coat, but you need at least two coats to avoid getting a streaked finish. Overall, this color is GORGEOUS and rivals the more expensive names like Chanel Vamp (I bought Chanel Vamp and felt so stupid afterwards b/c Revlon has the same effect).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 7:39:00 AM More reviews by clairenlj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous color! Very similar to Chanel's Vamp. However I don't really fancy the formula, the colour doesn't go on evenly, it takes two coats to even it up. That's a bummer though, cause I like the colour when its only one coat. Two coats makes it almost brown, one coat is a lovely gorgeous blood clot-ish deep dark red. Other than that, great buy! :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2009 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lukki7ster

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Great for Fall

Great on Women of colour and lighter skinned women.

Beautiful Plum purpley type colour...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2009 3:01:00 AM More reviews by ccjcjl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Edit: I finally realized that this color is making my skin look yellow. Knocked off a lippie. :(

I LOVE this color. A single coat gives you a bright red :( but two coats will give you the bottle's color. I thought that I couldn't do reds, but apparently this is an exception! It didn't stain, though it was difficult to remove with non-acetone nail polish remover. If I could only pick one nail color, it would be this. Also, there was very minor wear on the tips with clear polish as top/base coat. (I used Wet n Wild clear nail protector.) No chips, but just "pushed back" a bit. I don't wear nail polish often, but I'll repurchase this if I run out.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2009 2:27:00 PM More reviews by asaksa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

Look like Chanel's vamp. But cheaper.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2009 4:48:00 AM More reviews by romantique

I love the colour of this polish! It's a really deep vampy burgundy. However, the formula is a real pain! The polish goes on unevenly and takes forever to dry. After three coats I still thought my nails looked uneven. Once dry, this polish chips and dulls easily. On the first day it has a pretty glossy finish but it fades quickly. I find even with a topcoat it fades and chips easily. It also stains my nails badly, even if I only wear it for three days (even with base coat). I have no problems with the brush or bottle. The best part about it is the price and colour. If I could find the same colour in a better formula I'd buy that instead!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/10/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by hpunkinway

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

If I could have only one color nail varnish, this would be it! Valentine a close second. Like Chanel "Vamp" but not as "gothy" on my light skin.

And you can't beat the price!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2009 4:02:00 PM More reviews by hoadang00

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love the color but it dries my nails out really badly if I leave it on for more than 4 days. It's been a month since I last used and removed it and I can still see the white marks on my nails.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2009 10:40:00 PM More reviews by bwonggg

I bought this colour only because I couldnt find "plum attraction" which was all sold out at my drugstore when it was buy on get one free. I really wanted a purple polish, and without really thinking, i grabbed this one, thinking it was purple.
Darn it. It wasnt a purple. It's more of a vampy burlesque-dancer-like reddish burgundy kinda colour. What can I say? the colour just isnt for my liking.
All i gotta say is that the revlon polishes are great. Nice application, long-lasting, opaque unless nude, and nice packaging. Just that Vixen is an ugly colour