Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

I'm usually too lazy to pick a shade of foundation that fits me so I buy BB cream.. but after reading many articles saying you shouldn't keep your makeup too long I decided I should buy something new. I have a great skin regiment but haven't been able to get perfect skin - I wanted to be able to put makeup on with out feeling like I'm making it worse.

I'm not sure if this will clear my skin.... but I don't feel guilty about putting it on. I think it has great coverage (but I'm used to BB cream coverage at the moment), and I find that it lasts all day (with powder on top).

This makeup is great at covering the red tone in my face which Is great. Its non irritating. Can't remember a smell from it. Love the pump that gives me just the right amount - and it has a very light texture which is surprising considering the great coverage I get from it!

on 12/4/2013 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this foundation more than I can say! I have struggled with moderate to bad acne my whole entire life and I have very oily skin. This foundation took away the extra oil, and cleared up my skin in just about two weeks! I could not be more grateful! The coverage is about medium, and if you put it on with a beauty blender, the coverage is great. It stays on pretty well throughout the day, I usually touch it up if I am going out, but besides that I am pleased. Truly an AMAZING foundation. However, if you use other acne products (not including perscription acne medications) you should be careful because that might dry out your skin too much since this product has salycylic acid, albeit in a small amount.

on 11/30/2013 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation so so so much! I have oily skin so finding a foundation I found to be a challenge. I found it to have medium coverage, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, doesn't irritate my skin, and works well with my oily skin. I like especially is that is has natural extracts in it (which you don't come across all the time in liquid foundations) and has a pump (which helps prevent from any contamination). This foundation will will NOT make your pimples worse, but don't expect it to be some sort of magic potion that gets rid of them (that's what your skin regime is for)

I use this with my Clinique Blended Face Powder, and in combination, the two leave my skin looking oil-free, matte and almost flawless (which isn't something you commonly hear from someone with oily skin) without being too "cakey"

on 11/23/2013 6:03:00 PM

I recently bought this foundation after hearing some good reviews and after using Revlon Colorstay it had broken me out a little and needed a foundation for my little spot days.

I also wanted a foundation that would only last a couple of hours and that I wouldn't need a heavy duty coverage, I am pleasantly surprised at how great this product is!

I put the foundation on at around 3PM ready to go out and at around 11PM it is still on and is near perfect, just a little off around my nose. It says no where on the bottle that it is long lasting as i've also bought Almay TLC for longer days (which is untried) and it has lasted so long!

Pro's:
- Relatively Long Lasting
- Not hugely drying
- Feels great
- amazing price ( I paid 3.50 GBP)
- is almost like Estee Lauder Double Wear which is 10x the price!

Cons:
- The colour selection is a little limiting and very yellow, I picked Ivory and it's still a tiny bit dark
- The colour seems to have gotten a little darker through the day, not hugely but a little.
- It says for oily skin and I have combination so that's probably why but it can highlight some dry area's just a warning!
- BIG CON: like Double Wear it has the greycaste and with flash photography you can appear very...white. So it's great for day to day wear but not nights out :)

An AMAZING foundation for the price that I bought it for, plus it's meant to help the skin breath and help demolish spots. Overall I love it and wish i'd tried it sooner! :) x

on 11/2/2013 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a killing product for those who have oily or acne-prone skin!!! It rapidly removes the excess oil once you apply it on your skin and it does a great job clearing up the skin and preventing breakouts!! But make sure you don't use it in the dry winter time, cos it can make you skin look really cakey and flaky.

on 10/23/2013 2:08:00 AM

i really like this foundation. it has light to medium buildable coverage. it feels light on my face and it stays on quite well. i love the pump bottle. it dries up existing pimples and doesnt clog pores. i will continue using this foundation.

on 10/20/2013 8:07:00 PM

My face has been irritated, sensitive and prone to break outs. I thought I would give Almay foundation a try because it states, "makeup made for sensitive skin".

I meant to purchase the TLC foundation but I wasn't paying attention and grab this one (Clear Complexion). I am NW20 in MAC and I got this in 200 BUFF. It is a tad to light but still works for my skin tone. I have tried high end foundations such as Giorgio Armani, Guerlain, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Covergirl, Shu Uemura etc. This foundation works just as well as the high end foundations.

PROS:
- Does not irritate my skin any further
- Medium coverage
- Good oil control
- Great for Combination to Oily Skin
- Does not break me out
- Has a pump
- Inexpensive

CONS:
- None so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Good and works

on 10/7/2013 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I find this foundation "okay". It has a nice finish and blends well, my bottle did come with a pump (bonus). I needed something like this because for some reason I've been breaking out terribly and my normal foundation just seemed to irritate it more. Coverage is good, medium to full. My only problem with this is the lasting power and I need something that lasts at least 10 hours on those long work days. I got blotchy at around 4 hours. It did seem to try out my blemishes a bit though, so that was nice! I will probably repurchase if I run out for those days I break out and don't need a long lasting foundation!

Update: The more I use this foundation the more I start not liking it. It actually is awful (besides the fact it doesn't make me break out) It doesn't cover redness well and IF it does it will start fading 2 hours after. It seems the older the foundation gets the less workable it is. AND it seems to get cakey with ANY powder (even tiny amounts) and just look awful.

on 10/4/2013 3:47:00 PM

I have been using this foundation forever! While it doesn't help to actually heal blemishes (at least not that I've noticed) it doesn't irritate them at all or make me break out. This doesn't look too thick when it goes on, in fact it's very sheer. You would definitely need a concealer to go with this. I use another almay clear complexion concealer :-) the ivory shade goes perfect with my skin tone and the packaging is a very nice pump. Be careful not to drop it though because it's glass! I just wish this was a little more higher coverage, but most foundations with sacylic acid are like that. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend this to the acne prone people like me. I would repurchase! Best used with a beauty blender.