November 24, 2014 | 1797 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by gbanks444

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So even though I've only worn this product once, I can say that I'm VERY impressed. I bought this foundation because a) I needed a foundation without SPF and b) I went from an NC 20 to an NC 30 over the summer. I bought the shade neutral 400 and its an okay match. It's a little too pink but if I blend it down my neck it will work out ok. I picked this up at my local drugstore for less than $10 because they were having a sale. For the price, I'm very happy! It's medium coverage but it can be built up to full. I have small little acne bumps all over my face, and lots of redness and hyper-pigmentation, but I had no need to use any concealer when I used this foundation. This foundation lasted a good 5 hours on me before I felt that I was getting shiny (without a primer). It photographs pretty well with flash so I'm very happy that I was not a washed out ghost. Since I've only worn this once, I can't say that it has helped with my skin at all, but I do know that I did not feel itchy with it on. A lot of the time, foundations, or makeup in general will make my face feel itchy throughout the day, but not this one! Overall, I'm very happy, and will continue to use this. I will not use it everyday because I do not like to wear foundation everyday, but whenever I need to look extra nice, I will put this baby on :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/8/2013 5:55:00 PM More reviews by VarletGilmore

My skin: Very acne-prone, mildly oily, pretty pale, yellow-olive undertones
How I apply: with sponge, beautyblender, and/or brushes over moisturizer + primer

This is definitely one of the better foundations I've ever used. It's very difficult to find matching shades for my skin, for I have yellow-olive undertones but am also quite pale. I also have had mild - severe acne since the 7th grade, and to this day, which means I am never without a blemish or zit, and also have hyperpigmentation and pink/red scarring over my face.
I bought this foundation in Ivory, the lightest shade, and it is a perfect match. This shade is great because it is not yellow or pink undertoned, but instead very neutral, so it could look natural on either tone! It does not oxidize, almost settles to match my skin more throughout the day. It is creamy and smooth, but I still haven't found a perfect way to apply it. I don't break out more than usual with this (save for the one or two tiny whiteheads that crop up from makeup with me anyway).
A huge issue I've developed with it though, is its finish. It finishes very caked, revealing lines on my face that shouldn't even exist. It also dramatically reveals every single pore on my face, which is absolutely awful. It dramatically makes them look huge. I am hoping this is due to the humid/hot weather and will decrease with the season. This foundation also, even though its goal is to help with blemishes, emphasizes the appearance of them. It causes cakiness and a "rough" texture/look around zits, which only draw more attention to them. Definitely does not leave skin looking smooth.
The coverage also is not full - more medium than anything, which means I absolutely need concealer over it. I love glass bottle an especially the pump, which allows for awesome portion control and is very hygienic (which is necessary with acne prone skin).

PROS: great shades, neutral color to match different undertones, creamy consistency, great package/bottle, good for avoiding makeup-induced break outs, doesn't oxidize

CONS: medium (not full) coverage, reduces chance of breaking out but does not treat blemishes, emphasizes pores, cakes, settles into lines, too thick to layer applications without caking

In conclusion, I'll stick with this foundation because it matches my tone so well and I can count on it not to break me out, but will still be looking on the side for something with full coverage that doesn't emphasize imperfections or cake.
I'll buy this product again if I can't find anything better.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by Britty18

I love this foundation! I have it in the shade ivory. It goes on very smooth and makes my skin look great. Also, it's supposed to be good for sensitive skin and helps heal blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2013 1:58:00 PM More reviews by Outgoing1

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my go-to foundation, and I LOVE it! I use the color NUDE, and I wish they made it the salicytic acid for acne free days. You cannot smell the blemish healing formula, and it spreads beautifully! I also wear it over Garnier's BB oil free cream, and people are always commenting on my complection. I've tried expensive brands, but have returned them. This is an amazing foundation!

rated 3 of 5 on 8/18/2013 12:33:00 PM More reviews by rachelmacfarlanexo

I have been using this foundation since 8th grade, now going into 10th grade. I have had acne and acne-prone skin since about 7th grade. I use the shade buff, and it's the perfect match for me. It does oxidize throughout the day which is a very big bummer. It had medium to full coverage, but oil does tend to seep through after a few hours. I have tried revlon colorstay and cover girl 3 in 1 foundation, both broke me out. So until I find a good coverage foundation that doesn't break me out, I will be staying with the almay clear complexions.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/12/2013 5:04:00 AM More reviews by emmakrramer

I love it. It blends quite well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 12:31:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

I LOVE LOVE love this foundation! I noticed a difference in my skin while using this. it gives great coverage, and helps heal and prevent new blemishes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/28/2013 4:52:00 AM More reviews by amyk99

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this foundation a lot :) i got it at a discount booth at a shopping mall for 7AUD. I got the shade Neutral which was a tad bit light for my skin but i can work with it easily with some bronzer. It does highlight dry areas especially around my forehead and nose area because my skin is combination, as it contains salicylic acid and is a matte finish. So make sure to moisturise beforehand!!

When you first apply it, its quite cakey and powdery and not very natural looking. Once it sets although the finish is perfect, its very natural and doesn't look cakey at all, the lasting power is pretty good but since i get a very very oily t-zone i can never find a foundation that keeps my oil at bay 24/7. I use a primer and powder with it too :) great for 7AUD but isnt a miracle product that made me look perfect and blah blah lah but for the price i got it at i would say i'm happy with it :)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2013 11:53:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I asked a friend what she was using that made her skin look so fantastic, and this product was her answer. Of course my skin isn't as nice as hers so it doesn't look as good on me, but it's still a very nice finish. I can't speak to its blemish healing properties since I don't have blemishes. This is a nice alternative to the Revlon Colorstay I wear for its staying power (but its a pain to remove)

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I like the coverage of this foundation but the texture was weird. I could sorta feel it and see it on my skin and it was very thick.