Almay Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

3.8

NEW FORMULA WITH PUMP >>> (Active Ingredient : Salicylic Acid 0.6%), Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Nylon-12, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Boron Nitride, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Talc, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Sodium Chloride, Alumina, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Methoxypropylgluconamide, Panthenol, Panthenyl Ethyl Ether, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Spiraea Ulmaria Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Trisiloxane, Phytantriol, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Silica, Methoxy Amodimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Dimethicone/Bis-Isobutyl PPG-20 Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Methicone, EDTA, Tetrasodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben --- MAY CONTAIN (CI 77891/Titanium Dioxide, CI 77491/CI 77492/CI 77499/Iron Oxides, CI 77947/Zinc Oxide)

on 11/2/2013 12:09:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is a killing product for those who have oily or acne-prone skin!!! It rapidly removes the excess oil once you apply it on your skin and it does a great job clearing up the skin and preventing breakouts!! But make sure you don't use it in the dry winter time, cos it can make you skin look really cakey and flaky.

on 10/23/2013 2:08:00 AM

i really like this foundation. it has light to medium buildable coverage. it feels light on my face and it stays on quite well. i love the pump bottle. it dries up existing pimples and doesnt clog pores. i will continue using this foundation.

on 10/20/2013 8:07:00 PM

My face has been irritated, sensitive and prone to break outs. I thought I would give Almay foundation a try because it states, "makeup made for sensitive skin".

I meant to purchase the TLC foundation but I wasn't paying attention and grab this one (Clear Complexion). I am NW20 in MAC and I got this in 200 BUFF. It is a tad to light but still works for my skin tone. I have tried high end foundations such as Giorgio Armani, Guerlain, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Covergirl, Shu Uemura etc. This foundation works just as well as the high end foundations.

PROS:
- Does not irritate my skin any further
- Medium coverage
- Good oil control
- Great for Combination to Oily Skin
- Does not break me out
- Has a pump
- Inexpensive

CONS:
- None so far.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

Good and works

on 10/7/2013 7:43:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I find this foundation "okay". It has a nice finish and blends well, my bottle did come with a pump (bonus). I needed something like this because for some reason I've been breaking out terribly and my normal foundation just seemed to irritate it more. Coverage is good, medium to full. My only problem with this is the lasting power and I need something that lasts at least 10 hours on those long work days. I got blotchy at around 4 hours. It did seem to try out my blemishes a bit though, so that was nice! I will probably repurchase if I run out for those days I break out and don't need a long lasting foundation!

Update: The more I use this foundation the more I start not liking it. It actually is awful (besides the fact it doesn't make me break out) It doesn't cover redness well and IF it does it will start fading 2 hours after. It seems the older the foundation gets the less workable it is. AND it seems to get cakey with ANY powder (even tiny amounts) and just look awful.

on 10/4/2013 3:47:00 PM

I have been using this foundation forever! While it doesn't help to actually heal blemishes (at least not that I've noticed) it doesn't irritate them at all or make me break out. This doesn't look too thick when it goes on, in fact it's very sheer. You would definitely need a concealer to go with this. I use another almay clear complexion concealer :-) the ivory shade goes perfect with my skin tone and the packaging is a very nice pump. Be careful not to drop it though because it's glass! I just wish this was a little more higher coverage, but most foundations with sacylic acid are like that. Anyway, I'd definitely recommend this to the acne prone people like me. I would repurchase! Best used with a beauty blender.

on 10/3/2013 11:13:00 AM

This used to be my HG but i realized that it's very very low coverage, and the colors/shades are also very bad for me.

Pros:
-Goes on smooth. Blends well, thin and blendable.

Cons:
-It does not cover any blemishes or dark spots. It's extremely sheer.
-It is very PINK undertoned (all of them are). Asians and blondes who tan are typically more yellow-undertoned, and this looks extremelyyyy unnatural.
-hate hate hate the pink/white undertones of this. Wish it were either neutral or yellow.
-Doesnt fix or heal blemishes or acne

on 9/26/2013 7:46:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! I'm in the shade 'honey'. I got it marked down for $10, so I can't really judge the real price. I have medium acne in my t zone and have a few scars. This is one of the foundations that really makes my skin look flawless, like in the foundation ads. The coverage is great, but doesn't make you look cakey.

It's also a good foundation for taking photos, even flash. :)

on 9/21/2013 12:50:00 AM

My skin is very oily and acne prone, and this foundation didn't break me out! I've tried foundations from Garnier BB Cream to Estee Lauder smart makeup, and they both break me out. So far, this is the only foundation that my skin agrees with. The coverage is alright, but not the best. It covers up acne scars pretty well. I have to put quite a bit on to the coverage I want. I don't use a brush for this foundation simply because I find that it is easier to blend this in with my fingers. On top of this foundation, I put a Clinique powder. It keeps my makeup on all day long, even after my 3 mile run. I would definitely recommend this if you have very acne prone skin and want something that does not break you out.

on 9/15/2013 10:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

So even though I've only worn this product once, I can say that I'm VERY impressed. I bought this foundation because a) I needed a foundation without SPF and b) I went from an NC 20 to an NC 30 over the summer. I bought the shade neutral 400 and its an okay match. It's a little too pink but if I blend it down my neck it will work out ok. I picked this up at my local drugstore for less than $10 because they were having a sale. For the price, I'm very happy! It's medium coverage but it can be built up to full. I have small little acne bumps all over my face, and lots of redness and hyper-pigmentation, but I had no need to use any concealer when I used this foundation. This foundation lasted a good 5 hours on me before I felt that I was getting shiny (without a primer). It photographs pretty well with flash so I'm very happy that I was not a washed out ghost. Since I've only worn this once, I can't say that it has helped with my skin at all, but I do know that I did not feel itchy with it on. A lot of the time, foundations, or makeup in general will make my face feel itchy throughout the day, but not this one! Overall, I'm very happy, and will continue to use this. I will not use it everyday because I do not like to wear foundation everyday, but whenever I need to look extra nice, I will put this baby on :)