December 20, 2014 | 1628 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 7:23:00 PM More reviews by Lana1992

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

The smell of this is just divine. It smells like rice pudding! It's quite concentrated in the jar, but once it's on my face, the smell is just gorgeous.
Celestial is very moisturising and it leaves my skin super super soft. Babysoft :)
But it absorbs very very slowly. After applying there is a greasy, waxy film left on my face, so I use this at night and when I wake up my skin is soooo unbelievebly soft.
There's one big flaw in this little pot of heaven and that's the jar itself. The lid is just a tiny bit too big for the pot, so when I put this in my bag when I'm going somewhere, a lot of product gets stuck in between the "ribs" at the top. It doesn't seem runny enough to leak, but I won't risk it anyway.
But well, that's only the jar.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by Laura22smom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love, love love this one! I've been searching long and hard for a moisturizer that is effective, pleasant smelling (I am sensitive to smells) and within my budget. My first love is a product way out of my budget (guerlain orchidee) and it was through my search to find some of the key elements in this product that I found celestial (they share some key ingredients). The consistency is light, easily obsorbed and without a hint of stickiness. For me the fact that there is no sunscreen is a plus because I prefer to use photostable sunscreen during the day and at night i obviously don't need any sunscreen.

i strongly recommend this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 12:19:00 PM More reviews by kaileylovesmakeup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Wow, this is the second time I've purchased Celestial in the past four years, and I have no clue why I stopped!

When you open the jar a sweet almond milk scent greets you. The cream is rich and thick, great for dry skin like mine. Upon using it ONE time, my fine lines DISSAPEARED (hours later- still GONE!) my skin is warranting my friends to rub it and sniff it, I'm getting compliments from my male friends on my skin (I have eczema but this is like wearing foundation, it blurs all my imperfections) AND my skin feels smooth, hydrated, incredible. In one use after years of using other moisturizers. Ontop of all that, Celestial performs better than dare I say... Gorgeous?! YES! But that's just my opinion. I hope this works wonders for you too.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/21/2012 5:14:00 PM More reviews by lilmissredhead

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this for the cold harsh winter months! After spending whack loads of money trying to find a moisturizer with no spf (I'm allergic and get tiny red bumps all over) and moisturizing enough for canadian winters, I decided to get a sample from lush since I had never tried their products before and read some decent reviews. I used that sample in a week and had to go back for the normal size. Although, I think in the summer time this may be a little too greasy for my skin, I will definitely re purchase though when winter comes back full force (in like 4 months lol)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2012 12:21:00 AM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I did like this moisturiser.
I was in the Lush store looking for a simple yet effective all natural moisturiser that did what it was supposed to.

I think Celestial is the second cheapest facial moisturiser at Lush.
It smells to me like light almond cream; a very nice, light and non-offensive scent.
I use it at night and wake up in the morning with bright, supple skin.
Sinks into the skin at a reasonable pace which I like. A nice night (or day) moisturiser for the summer months.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/22/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by StaceySmith945

To be fair I have only used this a couple of times, but those couple of times it left my skin quite dry.. and since I do have combo oily skin it was so weird for me to have that tight uncomfortable feeling. On the plus side, this smells awesome, like vanilla.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2012 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Raya885

This is a great moisturizer for those with very dry skin. I bought mine on a beach vacation after my skin suffered a lot of damage/dryness. At the time, I thought it was a miracle product because after I used it, my skin felt fantastic. It was moisturizing, but did not induce oiliness.

After bringing it home, however, I kept breaking out after using it. I think that it was the packaging, not the formula. If it came in a tube - which is more sanitary than a jar - it would not pick up on dirt/bacteria from the environment. I know that LUSH does not like to use tube packaging. If it did, I would purchase this product again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:17:00 PM More reviews by katesloan

My skin gets pretty dried out in the winter, though it remains oily in the T-zone. A Lush salesperson recommended this moisturizer to me when I was complaining of red, itchy, dry winter skin.

It's a lovely moisturizer that leaves my skin smooth, soft, and happy. The only trick is, unless you have REALLY dry skin, you should only use a pea-sized amount for your entire face. It works best for me if I apply while my skin is still damp, starting on my cheeks (which need the most moisture) and spreading to other areas, leaving my oiliest spots for last so they get hardly any moisturizer on them.

I had previously been using virgin coconut oil as my moisturizer, and still do when I need a LOT of moisture (like after a harsh clay masque), but for everyday purposes, Celestial is great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My winter moisturizer- sooths dry skin, but really gentle and good for people who are sensitive. Smells lovely.

Minus one lippie becuase it's greasy if you use too much and takes a while to sink into your skin, so it's not the best for under makeup in the morning. I only use it at night, and for that purpose, it's PERFECT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by Jenlovesmac03

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Def a staple in my skincare routine. This moisturizer makes my skin feel clean, shiny and soft esp in the winter months. Yes it is pricey for the amount you get ($23) for a small tub but well worth every penny, I've had mine since last August and still have alot of product left. You only need a dime size amount with this, it has a soft smell to it as well so it's not over powering and does not make me break out. Will def keep re-purchasing this!