Aveda Brilliant Humectant Pomade

4.1

Aqueous Extracts of Aloe, Kelp, Flaxseed, Oleth-10 (Plant Oils), PEG 25 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Glycerin (Coconut Oil), Isopropyl Palmitate (Palm Oil), Diisopropyl Dimerate (Mineral Oil Substitute), Sorbitol (Corn), Hydroxypropyl Bisstearyldimonium Chloride (Detangler), Methyl Gluceth-20 (Corn), Aveda's Own Pure, Natural Preservative Fragrance Containing Geranium & Other Essential Oils, Grapefruit Seed Extract, Methylparaben (Food Grade), Propylparaben (Food Grade), Diazolidinyl Urea (Allantoin)

I love the smell of Aveda's Brillant line. The Humectant pomade really holds and defines my curls. I apply it to damp hair. Just a small amount works wonders. The jar isn't very big for the price but since not a lot is needed it will last months. I have naturally curly, dry hair and Humectant Pomade is one of my favorite products.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really cannot say enough good things about this pomade. This was one of the first high-end styling products I tried. I loved it for my dry curls and unusual scent.

Twenty-some years, and hundreds of products later, I repurchased and was astounded by this products superiority. I can't believe that I had forgotten!!!

Great to use on curly styles to KEEP them curly. I have been using this for years to add moisture to the hair and make hair curly and luscious. Would for sure by again!

This has been one of my staples for years. I have fine, wavy hair, and this pomade does a fantastic job of bringing out the curl in my hair. Do not apply it near the roots, but take a small amount, emulsify a wee bit between your palms and work it in. I usually apply this while I'm blow drying (with a diffuser), but also tames frizz and enhances curl on the mornings I don't wash my hair.

gone through a couple bottles of this stuff. works great for my highlighted medium thickness long hair. It really brings out my curls and smells great

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

This is one of those products that my hairstylist used when she cut my hair & it looked & smelled great. So I bought some. Everytime I use it it looks like I haven't washed my hair for a week. Even if it doesn't at first, it does in a few hours. It smells delicious, a wonderful chemical smell like Sebastian's Shaper hair spray, but it's hard-to-impossible for it not to weigh down my hair. The blue bottle is cool though; I'm sure I'll keep that if I don't end up swapping it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have had this in my hair arsenal since high school, over ten years ago! It is one consistent performer for me, especially in the summer months when it's humid and it is just easier to wear my hair naturally wavy. I always use a few other curl products, then wait til I am almost dry and add a dab of this. Keeps everything in check all day.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Honestly, I don't like the way this smells. A little bit doesn't do all that much. More makes my hair look greasy, and the pomade gets on my face if my hair does.

I love the way this product adds shine and bounce to my naturally curly hair. Just a very small fingertip's-worth is enough to smooth down flyaway strands, enhance curls and give a glossy sheen. Too much, however, on unwashed hair, is, I agree, a recipe for greaseball head! But the smell is gorgeous, like all Aveda products, and the blue glass pot is very stylish. It's not that expensive either, as a little goes a long way: 12.50 and I'm only a third down the pot after a year's use. Will definitely buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

this pomade was just disgusting, the packaging was alright-looking, but the pomade was incredibly sticky and got EVERYWHERE BUT my hair, and would just glob up and not spread around my hair, nearly impossible to use, I ended up just giving this to my roommate but she hated it too.

Popular Styling Products